(WIP) Dragon V2 like pod. More coming soon!

My First plan will be to touch up anything that needs it on the dragon v2 pod and make an IVA and trunk for it. After that I'm stuck in between two directions of which to go. I'm considering nothing but a command pod mod or a colonization type space x inspired mod. What do you guys think?

Edited by harrisjosh2711

3 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

My First plan will be to touch up anything that needs it on the dragon v2 pod and make an IVA and trunk for it. After that I'm stuck in between two directions of which to go. I'm considering nothing but a command pod mod or a colonization type space x inspired mod. What do you guys think?

The dragon 2 is pretty stand alone as an advanced capsule. higher capacity than the MK2 pod and self landing but heavier. I assume it would include an probe core so it can be run unmanned. 
An trunk would be nice, it could also be used to store life support and extra monopropelant. 

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

The dragon 2 is pretty stand alone as an advanced capsule. higher capacity than the MK2 pod and self landing but heavier. I assume it would include an probe core so it can be run unmanned. 
An trunk would be nice, it could also be used to store life support and extra monopropelant. 

It will include a six man IVA. The other stuff you said as well. give it a try if you haven't.

You should look at some of the concept art for the (absurd) Mars One mission if you haven't yet seen it. 

They plan construct their base out of several Dragon capsules landed close together with inflated habs. 

49 minutes ago, Nightside said:

You should look at some of the concept art for the (absurd) Mars One mission if you haven't yet seen it. 

They plan construct their base out of several Dragon capsules landed close together with inflated habs. 

I watched a short documentary on it some time back. ill check it out.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@harrisjosh2711 Congrats on getting so far with your mod, and can you consider a more stockalike appearance, link to Stevie_D's stockalike texturing tutorial here.

Appreciate it! On this particular pod I don't think I will be going that far back, I'm not saying I'm wont, but its doubtful. I will consider it for any pods I work on in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.