Kerbalized SpaceX

18 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

gotcha. I just remembered seeing them massive wings..what were they called then?

and cant quite get the custom fairings to enshroud her..

Those were called Gigantor XL Solar array's. Those were stock solar panels.

I'm sorry everyone, please re-download the latest upload if you downloaded the newest update today. The new capsules were oriented wrong and ablator wasn't working on one. All fixed now, I apologized for any inconvenience.

P.S. Please don't comment immediately after I post an Update or fix. I just want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to read my newest post without having to look through post. Thanks!

trying to get an emissive set up on the windows. If anyone can give me any pointer please do. I spent most of the day doing it wrong I think. The information starts in 2013 and apparently things changed in Unity5. Anyways, finally got this to work in game. It needs to tidying up and its normal re-done.

36362814483_9d6fb3d6be_b.jpg

36779373960_6e153936d1_b.jpg

18 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

so what's the details on this trunk you're working on here?

This trunk was suppose to replace the original some time ago. I had an issue with the animations that I didn't learn how to fix up until a few weeks ago. Got around to finally making sure it works. I'm going to re-texture it, but at some point it will be replacing the trunk that is currently in the mod as-well as remove the dependency for near future technology.

How about make it so that it is a two-piece clamshell, now its not going to separate or nothing it's just in two pieces. this would eliminate the struggles that some may or may not have with shoehorning specific tankages in there. All anyone would need to do is to choose an engine or engine assembly to act as the base or even a bog standard plate and then just attach the two pieces of the trunk.

---Posted on my Android phone. Voice dictation for the win!

Edited by RaiderMan

4 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

How about make it so that it is a two-piece clamshell, now its not going to separate or nothing it's just in two pieces. this would eliminate the struggles that some may or may not have with shoehorning specific tankages in there. All anyone would need to do is to choose an engine or engine assembly to act as the base or even a bog standard plate and then just attach the two pieces of the trunk.

---Posted on my Android phone. Voice dictation for the win!

Technically the trunk is already separated into something like eight pieces. The mesh is a two piece separated between the white side and the solar side. What I assume you mean though is to make it act like a fairing. And I don't think that would work as the colliders would remain the same. That's what my logic tells me anyways. I don't know what you are trying to fit in the trunk but as I have provided proof before, there exist no issue with placing and removing items from it. If you are using non-stock parts its likely to be an issue with those parts.

You can check out this link where @CobaltWolf so kindly helped me get the trunk working to begin with.

Here is my current V2 (trunk fully loaded) sitting ready to lift my kerbals of Dunas surface.

36992507096_4509d42432_b.jpg

I based my logic for the idea off the fasa partset, the third stage of the saturn V. the lunar module fits inside a 4 segmented shroud that blows away when the apollo command service module separates, so they can get at the lunar module. there are no collider issues with this shroud, which does act as a structural element as well.

in this case..the idea here being, these would not separate. that's my thought process there.

would it help if I rigged up an example so you could see what I mean?

7 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

I based my logic for the idea off the fasa partset, the third stage of the saturn V. the lunar module fits inside a 4 segmented shroud that blows away when the apollo command service module separates, so they can get at the lunar module. there are no collider issues with this shroud, which does act as a structural element as well.

in this case..the idea here being, these would not separate. that's my thought process there.

would it help if I rigged up an example so you could see what I mean?

I believe I understand what u are saying. Maybe in the future I will create some other type of service module that acts in such a way. As for now, I see no reason to change the v2 trunk other than to fix the colliders causing very slight placements issues (That can be fixed in the VAB using the slider) on the outside above the fins. Maybe if someone can prove to me that an issue actually exist (using stock parts) I could be driven to change. But, from my test I have run, the trunk works exactly the way I designed it.

17 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

nice to know early in the morning before coffee, I can occasionally be coherant XD

I know you follow this forum pretty closely and I greatly appreciate that. But, ur idea for the trunk just came to late during its development. Its been finished for over a month and was actually featured in my add-on development forum when it was still active. 

But yea, so long as you give your input early in development I am absolutely open to outside opinions. You know that. It was your idea to provide a version of the space bug with a heat shield.

I will keep the idea in mind for any future service modules.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

I love the direction this mod is heading.  The textures are really nice and that IVA is and IVA guy's dream {that would be me}.  :wink:

Here's my problem with the Dragon 2.  As currently configured when I open the nose cone/docking port cover it swings into a position 90-degrees of the docking port.  When I tried docking with an ALCOR lander the nose cone blocked the approach.  Would it be possible to have the cone swing open 180-degrees so it clears the way for a dock with another ship?  I hope I explained it clearly.  I can post a pic if needed.

Thanks for this mod, it's just what I was looking for, and it's really good work.. 

@thomash Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod. Unfortunately, you spoke up just a little to late. The exterior on the V2 is, for the most part, finished with the development stage. I'm sorry you couldn't dock, and certainly feel your frustration. As I told someone yesterday. If you catch me pretty early in development, I have no problem listening to outside opinions/ideas. Someone actually requested the 90 degree nose cone and no one interjected, hence it became so. I wouldn't feel right changing it back now, I'm sorry. 

On second thought, the IVA for the V2 is currently being re-textured for the new v2 added in the previous update. Hopefully next update the IVA will be looking even nicer.

I have finished adding lights to the windows of the V2 and space bug. It appears I may have made an empty promise though. I don't see how I can make the windows on the ITS emissive. They are completely fake and there are just way to many of them. I need them to be a separate mesh and I don't know how I could do that without really messing up the model. I will search for a solution but I seriously doubt there is one in the pods current arrangement. I could add some real windows but that's a lot of empty processing power for all those windows. We will see.

Also, the space bug will now be equipped will both a rocket and atmospheric mode for its engines. It still needs a few things ironed out like the addition of some air intakes, but is almost complete. The switchable engines will likely only be included on the version with a heat shield as the other version is intended for lunar landings. It will weigh less.

36379854124_02e4eb7276_b.jpg

36819208480_135e6008cf_b.jpg

The rocket engines, as of this second, are far to over powered.

37074532801_4537139c10_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711