Kerbalized SpaceX

13 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

any more photos?

Not yet. I'll try to get some 2morrow. I just wanted to see what a kerbals view would be like out of the windows.-nothing is finished for the IVA.

In other news....

I fixed a major bug on the merlin Vac. and the bottom node on the Falcon9FT booster for next release. Also did some work on the textures for the booster. 

24706481428_5afe7f2fb9_b.jpg

24706468558_bf5a0e1f00_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Just now, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Grand Ship Builder

Like this?- I was going to make a full video of the falcon heavy (all 3 boosters returning) but don't quite have enough oxidizer in the tanks and my engines keep cutting right before impact. I will upload one at some point.

38553795962_7697457f96_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Yes! The export bent my animation a little but I now have the landing legs with suspension fully functional. This will remove the need for any other mods to create the entire Falcon9 system. This is by far the most difficult thing I have set up in KSP yet. There is very little documentation on how landing gear actually works. 

38591742846_7f0384939e_b.jpg

38591751736_c9d14ee0da_b.jpg

I think I'm back to the BFR now. I'm going to re-texture the booster and add some detail (maybe re-texture) the pod. Of course work a little on the IVA

Edited by harrisjosh2711

1 hour ago, eskimo22 said:

Solar panels for the BFR would be a good thing to have in the next release.

I have had that on my mind, just haven't made anything for it yet. But yes, I will try and get them finished for next release.

40 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

i did some calculations, and the BFR should be 5.5m in diameter to match the scale of the Bluedog Design Bureau saturn V, which is 6.1 m in diameter.

Isn't the BFR available in 5m now because of twekscale? Thanks for the heads-up but you do realized there is no concrete number for exporting real-scale into KSP don't you? Atleast not that I have found. Different modders use different values. To put this into perspective for you KSP actually scales things up not down. a 2m circle in the real world is 3.75m in KSP. A 9m part in KSP would be aprox. 4.77meters in the real world. Hench there is not ground work for any realistic scale that exist in KSP. If it were the other way around there would be.

Ask the developer or Bluedog Design Bureau why he decided to scale his model by .61 if he made the model to fit a real scale of 10m in KSP. (Which in his modeling program would be around apx. 5.3m which would make the part 10m in KSP). My thought is he likely never intended the Saturn V to be  scale anyways. Ask him. If the logic is good I may consider looking at how he chooses his scale values. 

My BFR if it was real is only 3.97meters. Ksp makes is 7.5 meters. I guess the real question would be why the developers choose such a bad scaling platform. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

18 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

The BFR is indeed available in that size, but the docking port and decoupler are not. it is a huge hassle to edit the configs. if possible it would be great if you could make the docking port and the decoupler compatible with tweakscale

@eskimo22- Also, I really have been considering ur first idea. To make the BFR 9m and 5.5m. It needs to be 5.5 so atleast two 2.5m parts will fit. This is probably the direction I will ultimately go.

Edited by harrisjosh2711