Kerbalized SpaceX

@mrtagnan did you read the personal message I sent you? If not check your messages. I think I know what may be causing this but I need know more about the configs. Does basically unchanged mean- not changed at all? I'm going to need to run a few test to diagnose what the issue is but I need to know that the configs are working or I wont be diagnosing anything.

I wrote you a PM because I might need you to tell me a little about the real plume set up.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

23 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

@harrisjosh2711 Can you plz send me another kerbalized  tweakscale config.

The engines were setting of module manager errors so I removed them until I re-write them. You can download the old configs from one of the old downloads. Copy and paste this (see spoiler) to bottom so that the three raptor sea levels are working. But it will likely fire off an error like this. Haven't had the chance to use them. Personally I don't use tweak scale much because it scales mass with the cube of size. That means most things don't weigh what they should when they are scaled. You would be much better off setting the scale of the parts in the cfg. re-scale = .67 should be the magic number for 5m. Also anything you change this way will have its fuel, weight, and thrust unchanged.

Spoiler

@PART[BFRenginesAtmos]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 7.5
    }
}

Edited by harrisjosh2711

30 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

It's not just the SL engines. tweakscale on the decoupler, the docking port, and the vacuum engines all are broken.

I don't know why that is. Did you try one of the old tweakscale configs? Not sure what will happen with tweakscale but you don't need the docking port anymore. The engines have a docking node at the end of the fuel lines. Look at the picture of the BFR engines on the front page.

Edit:

Ok. I just checked. Appears I may have deleted the BFR decoupler tweakscale configs on accident. I meant to delete the engines. Use the old configs. (no different then me sending you configs.) and everything should work besides the sea level engines. You will need to paste that line I put in the spoiler above at the bottom of the CFG. to get the sea level engines to work. 

I wont personally be working on configs until after I have finished the legs, solar panels, and IVA for the BFR, also the decoupler for the falcon heavy, and the dragon 1 solar panels. Also going to re-texture the Dragon v2 trunk and possibly the dragon 1 pod. After this I will worry about the tweakscale configs.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

2 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Finished this up this morning not sure if all the numbers are final for my setup.

38421568175_d5c6675bea_b.jpg

Wait this has 3 atmospheric engines? The real BFR is supposed to have 2 right?

BFR-engines-1200x750.png

Still, amazing work! Thanks for making this mod, i might make RO configs for it when i have time.

2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Wait this has 3 atmospheric engines? The real BFR is supposed to have 2 right?

BFR-engines-1200x750.png

Still, amazing work! Thanks for making this mod, i might make RO configs for it when i have time.

Thanks. Yea its not balanced for real solar system. My values are the cumulative values for thrust. The ones on SpaceX's only are listing the Thrust of a single engine. 

5 minutes ago, tater said:

They changed it to 3 sea level raptors not long after his talk.

1 minute ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Thanks. Yea its not balanced for real solar system. My values are the cumulative values for thrust. The ones on SpaceX's only are listing the Thrust of a single engine. 

Oh, oooh, ooooooh. Ok, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

Is it right that the ISP of the raptor V engines is 145? or am I missing something?

great mod btw:)

LOL thanks for noticing that. That is not correct 345. Need to change that 

8 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Oh, oooh, ooooooh. Ok, thanks!

Hey if you ever really do make some RO configs let me know and I will give you the value's everything needs to be scaled to so that it will be the right size. I made most things as a derivative. In the past I usually play in real solar system but I have never played with RO because its been old ever since I started playing.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

11 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Hey if you ever really do make some RO configs let me know and I will give you the value's everything needs to be scaled to so that it will be the right size. I made most things as a derivative. In the past I usually play in real solar system but I have never played with RO because its been old ever since I started playing.

Ok, im busy now, but i will PM you when im up for it.

Edited by NSEP

1 minute ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Cool. I wasn't expecting you to do it today. Heck I wasn't really expecting you would do it all. I'm not going to say no when someone offers some help though :D.

Wait who said i was going to do it today :D

Anyways, this is getting kind of off topic.