Kerbalized SpaceX

48 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Are you sure, because the solar panel texture was on the outside of the trunk.

I should have been more specific. the white is only half the outside, the solar panel is other side of the outside.

Also, ill check out your pull request when I get a chance. I don't plan on making any changes until the next release, which will be when I release the cockpit. I did briefly look over the changes u made and decided I have to keep the name "dragon" in the title. It is quite literally painted on the face of the pod.  

To re-texture the fins you will have to get rid of that top piece texture, it is blocking 4 of the fins. As of right this second they are simply lined up into the solar panel section. If you cant find a place for it remove it all-in-all and I will place it on a separate map. The small lines at the bottom (close to bolts) are the central faces of the fin.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

@Bottle Rocketeer 500

Sounds good. I will let you work on the solar panel and ill try to put some work into the other textures on the trunk, after I finish the IVA. I textured the trunk before you introduced me to the texturing tutorial by @Stevie_D, which helped a lot. I thought about trying to work on the pods textures, but checking out the V2 it looks as if it is molded from a single piece. There are no external plates, its a single mold. I did add a little texture to the hatch. Its proving especially difficult to keep a relatively uniform pattern on the interior of the IVA. Ill start working on that later tonight, hopefully I can finish it. Ready to get this thing released! BTW I appreciate your input and willingness to help!

Since I have begun the development of this mod (because I wanted a working Dragon v2 to play with) I have yet to have the time to actually play with my own creation. Its hard to believe the company that has brought us the greatest advance in rocketry since the Saturn project could have no representation in a game about space. Anyways, quite literally- I have not left LKO in my own pod. With that said, I need some input on any changes you think may need to be made in the next update, which is planned to roll out some time this week. I need some feedback you guys!

PA_Dragon_1.26.15_3157.jpg

Hey Harris! I think it depends upon how far you want to go with "Kerbalizing" the parts. The composite finish to the v2 skin is mainly cosmetic (i think), but probably also for aerodynamic reasons. As you can see here, its still separated into parts, they're just more well hidden. 

With my version of the V2,... (pointed to the correct time for viewing purposes)

.....i heavily kerbalized it, and just made the metal plating/construction lines go where i felt they would from a Kerbal's backward-minded perspective.  But yours is actually trying to be a Dragon v2, unlike mine (Space Kraken beats Dragon, dammit! hehe) :) and going for a more realistic analogue of it anyway, so i wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since yours is shaping up nicely. I'm glad my tutorial might've helped you for the future though.

I love the IVA! It is awesome! It looks so close to the real one, it's great! Is the screen at the front going to be a texture, or are you gonna put on the navball and stuff? :)

@Stevie_D your Superluminal mod inspired me to make this mod! I could not have Mr. Kelland Kerman trashing by icon Elon Kerman as such. SpaceX is going to make it to mars first- HA HA! On a serious note your work is amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

For some reason, the Mechjeb pod somehow resembles the Dragon V2

It looks cool, but It misses the greatest advancement of rocketry in eighty years, powered landing.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

5 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Stevie_D your Superluminal mod inspired me to make this mod!

Really? Aww wow, im honoured. Thanks Harris :)... (and Bottle!)

I could not have Mr. Kelland Kerman trashing my icon Elon Kerman as such. SpaceX is gonna make mars first

...even if it is for the wrong reasons! hehe. Kraken beats Dragon, dammit! THE RACE IS ON! :)

Edited by Stevie_D

@Stevie_D I want to put the Nav-Ball and stuff. I may texture two screens and put the IVA props in the middle. I also want to add some RPM stuff but just haven't gotten to that point yet. I will likely release that in a later update from the initial release of the IVA.

7 minutes ago, Stevie_D said:

Really? Aww wow, im honoured. Thanks Harris :)... (and Bottle!)

...even if it is for the wrong reasons! hehe. Kraken beats Dragon, dammit! THE RACE IS ON! :)

Really! I even considered swinging a low blow at Mr. Kelland in the intro. Looks like ill have to do that now :D. THE RACE IS ON! :cool: