Kerbalized SpaceX

3 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Could you move the Seats a bit back in the meantime and get me an updated IVA-Frame ?

Yes, I can do that. Also, the problem with the re-scale is the interior doesn't scale with the pod:(. If it wasn't for that I would re-scale it. It was a design decision, cant go back now. Maybe ill make that new one I was talking about?:/

36224187981_de16213935_b.jpg

4 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yes, I can do that. Also, the problem with the re-scale is the interior doesn't scale with the pod:(. If it wasn't for that I would re-scale it. It was a design decision, cant go back now. Maybe ill make that new one I was talking about?:/

36224187981_de16213935_b.jpg

hm, OK, just leave the main pod without the top part so everyone can rescale :D

I'm setting up Unity - need to find all the latest Part Tools etc :(

The ITS is looking good

Edit: the download contains the RCS changes already or not ?

Edited by Jasseji

@Jasseji Thanks! Cool! 

I will try and get those seats moved back by tomorrow. Once I get in there ill likely want to do a little sprucing up as well. I have been trying to work more on the stuff that isn't done. I would still like to do a lot of work on the dragon V2. Like I said, maybe even make another one.

@Jasseji I'm working on the interior(wanted to get some things done before you did ur thing). Jebidiah and his comrade in the second pilot seat can now see out the windows. I also need to fix the windows. I changed them slightly vs. what I did with the exterior so you can see the outer rim of the exteriors. I will get you a link when I'm complete. I have some things to do today so I'm not 100% positive when that will be. I'm going to have to do some testing with the seat transforms and windows.

35563008953_bc7831cc51_b.jpg

1 hour ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Jasseji I'm working on the interior(wanted to get some things done before you did ur thing). Jebidiah and his comrade in the second pilot seat can now see out the windows. I also need to fix the windows. I changed them slightly vs. what I did with the exterior so you can see the outer rim of the exteriors. I will get you a link when I'm complete. I have some things to do today so I'm not 100% positive when that will be. I'm going to have to do some testing with the seat transforms and windows.

35563008953_bc7831cc51_b.jpg

ok, can you make sure to keep the "desk" clean where the instruments would be ? now there is a weird picture and i'd hate to be forced to add some prop just to cover it :D

I have prepared a mock-up layout just for fun, will set up something i can just snap in with quick re-positions (basically it's part of the ALCOR IVA repositioned and with added stuff)

@Jasseji I have the files ready to go but I did not remove the texture on the board. I exported before I seen that message, sorry. You will have to make the props blend in around it if you want it tonight, I could probably get back in tomorrow and do something. I'm working on the next pod tonight.:sticktongue:

36378424805_1654ecb439_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

I seem to have a problem with the I and K translation controls as they relate to the rcs system. the I and K controls do nothing. is this a bug or was this a design limitation?

It was meant to be a design limitation. Although, I plan on tweaking the thrusters at some point. They do work in the I and K just slightly. It can be difficult but it will get you there. I'm going to admit its not something a newbie would be able to control.

I also ended up slapping parachutes on her, the capsule wasnt really friendly to the parachutes, kept having it pop out and curve when moving the chutes to position them, then again this is a rather oddly sloped and contoured design, so thats more likely than not the design.

I freely admit my first foray into powered descent landings...did not go well XD. I was too heavy on the throttle, then too light, and finally commenced a head long back end first crash into the ground :D

Edited by RaiderMan

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

I also ended up slapping parachutes on her, the capsule wasnt really friendly to the parachutes, kept having it pop out and curve when moving the chutes to position them, then again this is a rather oddly sloped and contoured design, so thats more likely than not the design.

I freely admit my first foray into powered descent landings...did not go well XD. I was too heavy on the throttle, then too light, and finally commenced a head long back end first crash into the ground :D

The engines have a very high TWR use the thrust limiter if you have to. I don't, but it would help. The safest way I have found to do it is use KE under Vessel you will see suicide burn distance when that number reaches between 0-100m gas it full throttle until you slow somewhere to around 40ms. Throttle down until your holding a pretty steady momentum around 20ms. Right before you hit the ground throttle up, not all the way, just hit slower than 20 and you will be ok. Ill check that chute thing out.  

On the other hand the RCS on the new dragon1 is working great!

36022056580_da12a32809_b.jpg

36418602555_632130f056_b.jpg

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

Seems rather friendly to me.

35583523914_650e8b18d0_b.jpg

by that I mean I had the 'bubble' phenomenon, as well as some sinking at times. I did ultimately get the parachutes on.

so, new version's out? what are the names of the capsules, aside from dragon2, so I can use the in game part search tool?

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Looks slick, any imgur folder of pics?

You can check out my flickr album. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155947249@N03/

4 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

by that I mean I had the 'bubble' phenomenon, as well as some sinking at times. I did ultimately get the parachutes on.

so, new version's out? what are the names of the capsules, aside from dragon2, so I can use the in game part search tool?

If you don't mind, what is the bubble phenomenon? Could you post a picture?

The names are- DPD "DragonV1", DPD-1A "DragonV2", ITS "Titan"

Edited by harrisjosh2711