Kerbalized SpaceX

2 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Considering SpaceX launched a falcon 9 up to the ISS today. I felt compelled to release some kind of update.:cool:

Yes, you mus.. oh wait, you already did. DAMMIT!

Also is the new docking port compatible with the Clamp-o-tron or is there a new docking port for it to connect to?

Edited by ChickenBot448
Needed to add question

6 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

I dont suppose a hard reset or whatever the equivalent is, has been attempted?

I've tried all sorts of things. I have put it off for the moment I have a hundred things to accomplish besides sitting here accomplishing nothing. Its bothering the crap out of me though. Perhaps, ill try again 2 morrow. I'm going to work on the ITS system and maybe start a re-texture of the V2 IVA tonight.

Did some work to fix some of the shading issues that arose with the new windows on the V2. It will be in the next update. They are at-least as good as they were before the window swap now. There are still a few minor shading issues caused by the RCS ports, but it honestly doesn't bother me enough to fix it.

36523809731_920a2f43ee_b.jpg

I finally got the IVA to spawn! I have no clue what the issue was. I relented and started up a new unity project. As long as the first project will just keep putting out the V2 I'm good. I by no means have any interest in resetting all those transforms. It has twenty two just for the engines and RCS. I think its possible to do in blender, need to learn how to do that. Ill start doing some IVA stuff tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

given my predilection towards parachutes, I relish the challenge of figuring out how to get them onto the new iteration here XD

Speaking of parachutes, I think I'm going to try and make one for the v2. In the mean time, ill make a collider(for the next update) that will fit better with the pod. That issue you were talking about with them sinking in slightly is because I have twelve sided collider and forty two sided command pod. As I'm sure you can imagine, those faces don't line up exactly even. 

The Final V2 is ready! There is a release on my github. I wont update the other links till tomorrow sometime. It now has a pretty new shader, different windows (again), and a new IVA powered by RPM and Asset Props (the IVA useless without these mods). The Old V2 will still be in the download(circle windows one). I'm warning you now. Remove it from your game if its connected to anything vital. I soon will be deleting that funny looking thing for good.

She turned out half-way decent id say.

36684654185_97b92a26d1_b.jpg

35875220553_e5bd585b8c_b.jpg

36288939450_52cffb2357_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

38 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

so...next is the ITS titan, and the service module(?) for the v1 dragon?

I actually have a lot done for the ITS titan just haven't shown that off yet. I thought about releasing some, but decided to hold off for more testing. The service module for the dragon is still in the modeling phase. For the most part I'm done with the modeling. I need to find a video or something on setting up the animation for solar panels. I seen a video one time that made it look extremely easy. But yes, all that is in the works and will make its way in shortly. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

All links have now been updated for the new release. If you downloaded the GitHub link earlier today, note that the Dragon v2 still had its ablator resource. You can either delete it from the cfg (its at the very bottom), replace the cfg with the new one, or completely re-install if you don't know how to do the others. :wink: