Kerbalized SpaceX

Closing in on the testing phase for the upper stage of the ITS titan. Its powered by a cluster of nine engines(single part). six large engines surround a cluster of three smaller ones. You will be able to toggle the engines between all of them, or just the central ones. I still have a few things to do texture wise, like give the engines an emissive, but its getting close.

36581194302_eb8f86a0ea_b.jpg

36750964125_18247f553d_b.jpg

36354661000_a4f66d99c3_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

will the ITS titan module be compatible with the dragon V2 capsule? also, what fuel tankage options does it have? eg can it switch between liquid, mono, and an option for both liquid fuel, oxygen and monoprop?

No, the ITS titan fits 7.5m parts. With that said, it currently doesn't have a docking port or a good place to put one. I will address this before release. As to the switching the fuel- yes, I have no issue with making it so you can change it. Personally I would like to use a methane fuel, so I imagine that will be an option. Thanks for the idea, hadn't even considered it.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

@Kilo60 Thanks! 

As to your issue, I don't believe it is my mod causing this. I cant seem to replicate what you speak of. The stock landing legs and aerobrake work fine in my dev install. If your convinced my mod is causing it please post a pic.

36531176500_98d49ff4be.jpg36787698371_9e63d78e5e.jpg

@RaiderMan I kept you in mind this time around. Hopefully this will work out a little better for you

36093341804_0f16f7348f_b.jpg

10 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Kilo60 Thanks! 

As to your issue, I don't believe it is my mod causing this. I cant seem to replicate what you speak of. The stock landing legs and aerobrake work fine in my dev install. If your convinced my mod is causing it please post a pic.

36531176500_98d49ff4be.jpg36787698371_9e63d78e5e.jpg

@RaiderMan I kept you in mind this time around. Hopefully this will work out a little better for you

36093341804_0f16f7348f_b.jpg

My apologies it's from the LAZTEK Dragon X mod...

It seems that it contains similar CM's...

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

My apologies it's from the LAZTEK Dragon X mod...

It seems that it contains similar CM's...

Thanks!

Yes it does. It really isnt a good idea to be playing with that mod. It hasn't been updated in like two years or more. I believe KSP may have used concave colliders back then. Its some kind of issue like that messing up the laztek mod. 

You can download the new Dragon v2 at the link of your choice. The Dragon V2 I added in the last update is still included in the pack. I will downsize it to a 2.5m pod next update. The first Dragon v2 with the circular windows is now removed from the download.

36533583780_6f41a511d3_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

@RaiderManSeven, It will still be using the same IVA and everything. The only thing going to change is its scale. If I feel like doing it, I may one day delete a few seats and make it a five man. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, as I'm a fan of the 3.7. With that said, I plan on re-texturing the IVA for the new V2. 

Maybe ill make a five man IVA for the new one.?.?. makes better sense for ksp but 2.5 doesn't really work that well for a falcon nine. I believe there is only one mod that really can compensate for the contrast in size between a ksp engine and gas tank- tundra exploration. So, if I want a 2.5m V2 and a falcon 9. I need to build some kind of mod or use Tundra exploration. If I use a 3.7 V2. I then have much more leeway into how I design my rocket.