Kerbalized SpaceX

3 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I made that just because I wanted 2. Its based off a concept moon lander. I released it on this mod so people could play with it. I plan to move it to its own mod after I finish this project and start my new one. Which is probably still several months off. 

Ah. Seems legit.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH, making a Dragon 2 out of stock parts is slightly easier than making a Dragon out of stock parts, mainly because Dragon 2 doesn't have as much things being decoupled, and there are more parts in stock KSP that fit Dragon 2 than Dragon 1.

Slightly off-topic, but I think this sort of belongs here.

But to make it more on-topic:

(Pretty much) Gone are the days of having to build a Dragon yourself.

4 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

TBH, making a Dragon 2 out of stock parts is slightly easier than making a Dragon out of stock parts, mainly because Dragon 2 doesn't have as much things being decoupled, and there are more parts in stock KSP that fit Dragon 2 than Dragon 1.

Slightly off-topic, but I think this sort of belongs here.

But to make it more on-topic:

(Pretty much) Gone are the days of having to build a Dragon yourself.

Sure. Everything is also built so that you can use all these things without suffering from the famous KSP lag. I mean sure you can build a BFR with stock parts. But once you feel it with cargo what's your frame rate going to be at? probably like 5 :D.   

Just finished setting up the configs. for the trunk and everything. Wont be able to balance everything until I make engines and finish the launcher.- You can play around with it if you download it off the master branch of my GitHub.

24447788758_462511f42f_b.jpg

24447819548_096167152b_b.jpg

38286792762_001094cfae_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

The BFR should be downscaled to 5 meters becaus the bluedog design bureau Saturn V is around 5.16 meters across, and the real BFR is of a similar diameter to the Saturn V.

Making the engines compatible with realplume would be great for cinematic videos about the BFR

Realplume is a mod that makes the plume change with altitude and makes it look way better, the hydrolox plume would be the best approximation of a methalox plume

Edited by Quinn Kerman
Additional content needed to be added

6 minutes ago, Quinn Kerman said:

The BFR should be downscaled to 5 meters becaus the ksp Saturn V is around 5 meters across, and the real BFR is of a similar diameter to the Saturn V.

Making the engines compatible with realplume would be great for cinematic videos about the BFR

Realplume is a mod that makes the plume change with altitude and makes it look way better, the hydrolox plume would be the best approximation of a methalox plume

Na, I'm trying to keep everything in this mod as close to its real life counter part as possible. Personally I hate that I made the BFR smaller but 9m is just to large for stock KSP. It would probably fit better at five meters but I'm going to keep it at 7.5. I have no problem adding in tweakscale for 5m next update. Let me know if you would like that.

I doubt I will ever add real plume. I don't use that mod as I'm more of a performance ended player. When I get to the point of customizing the emissive and exhaust configs. I may take a look at it if I feel I would like to add a little extra flare. I want my engines to make a popping noise when they burning. I haven't heard many engines in KSP sound like this but every time I watch I rocket video I an hear those flames popping/ whipping/ something......

I know what real plume is. It seems you know more about it than me. Take this opportunity and learn how to write up some configs up. Just look at some existing configs you like that are cool. Plus if use them you get your name put right by the download link with a big thanks.

Just trying to inspire you to learn a little about modding.:cool:

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 I'm not really a huge fan of the auto shrouds in ksp. Its actually designed so it can be pieced together without shrouds. All the tanks also a have small cubby hole in the top so you can put either a RCS tank/probe core/etc... because I also hate how some of the RCS tanks stick out like a soar thumb. Its is an extra part but everything is designed to help save on parts. 

3 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 I'm not really a huge fan of the auto shrouds in ksp. Its actually designed so it can be pieced together without shrouds. All the tanks also a have small cubby hole in the top so you can put either a RCS tank/probe core/etc... because I also hate how some of the RCS tanks stick out like a soar thumb. Its is an extra part but everything is designed to help save on parts. 

Ok, I got it. I agree about RCS tanks, and I'm looking forward to the new ones in the upcoming DLC!