Kerbalized SpaceX

8 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I will take a look at it. Not exactly sure what you are saying though. Are you saying it should not be set at 1000 but instead 50 or 100? 

In short the size of a KIS slots was 1000 by 1000 pixels instate of 100 by 100 pixels or 50 by 50 pixels

Edited by www2
typo

7 hours ago, www2 said:

In short the size of a KIS slots was 1000 by 1000 pixels instate of 100 by 100 pixels or 50 by 50 pixels

I thought I fixed that. Thanks for the heads up. It will be fixed the coming update.

Edit: Are you positive you are using the latest version of the mod? I just checked the configs and it says the Item icon resolution was 128. That was messed up but I fixed that several updates back.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

11 minutes ago, Aerospacer said:

@harrisjosh2711 - not bad, but...

Look for compare:

SC9Mcr2.png (sea level version)

This mod isn't designed to be an exact model. While I could potentially make it that detailed, it would take me more time than I am willing to put into it. You would rarely even see those parts of the engines so its really not worth the effort in my mind. Also, the sea level engines are far less detailed. Video games can only handle so much geometry before the game suffers serious performance dips. It would likely take 400000 vertices to copy that. No way that would ever run in KSP. We can take use of normal and fake detail where necessary but that would take probably 100 hours. Even then it might still be to much. Lets say you made it in 30000 vertices. 30000*31 (for the boosters) = 930,000 vertices. You also must take into account KSP is meant to run on low powered computers. With that said the engines are actual derivatives of the real engines.

Also, you told me Elon sad the BFR will now have 27 engines. I cant find that. What I'm seeing is 31. I tried to come up with a 27 engine pattern that would look good and I couldn't. It always look kinda strange. You have to take into account the diameter of the engines in relation to the diameter of the BFR and everything just wouldn't come together like I wanted it to.

Hmm, sorry,  I had to explain. I not tell about detailing level. Just about a missing of nozzle critical section place in model. It look some unusually.

27 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Also, you told me Elon sad the BFR will now have 27 engines. I cant find that. What I'm seeing is 31. I tried to come up with a 27 engine pattern that would look good and I couldn't. It always look kinda strange.

Really strange, never heard about 27 engines in BFR. I told about 31:

"outer ring - 17,  inner ring - 10,  central cluster - 4."   - but is just my assumption. So be free in choosing.

Edited by Aerospacer

2 minutes ago, Aerospacer said:

Hmm, sorry,  I had to explain. I not tell about detailing level. Just about a missing of nozzle critical section place in model. It look some unusually.

Really strange, never heard about 27 engines in BFR. I told about 31:

"outer ring - 17

inner ring - 10

central cluster - 4."

Oh, my mistake- I looked back to your post last night and must have just read something wrong. Its 31 engines now. The setup is

central- 7

inner- 12

Outside- 12

A little different but........

23 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

This mod isn't designed to be an exact model. While I could potentially make it that detailed, it would take me more time than I am willing to put into it. You would rarely even see those parts of the engines so its really not worth the effort in my mind. Also, the sea level engines are far less detailed. Video games can only handle so much geometry before the game suffers serious performance dips. It would likely take 400000 vertices to copy that. No way that would ever run in KSP. We can take use of normal and fake detail where necessary but that would take probably 100 hours. Even then it might still be to much. Lets say you made it in 30000 vertices. 30000*31 (for the boosters) = 930,000 vertices. You also must take into account KSP is meant to run on low powered computers. With that said the engines are actual derivatives of the real engines.

Also, you told me Elon sad the BFR will now have 27 engines. I cant find that. What I'm seeing is 31. I tried to come up with a 27 engine pattern that would look good and I couldn't. It always look kinda strange. You have to take into account the diameter of the engines in relation to the diameter of the BFR and everything just wouldn't come together like I wanted it to.

Why is everyone so anxious about polycount lol? What certainly has an Impact on performance are textures and to some degree colliders. Model complexity is not really a limiting factor to be honest, at least it takes quite a while to get up to numbers where you start to feel an Impact on the Performance.

https://sketchfab.com/models/fb097d6a0fdc450a903dedaaa39693b0

My Raptor got 26k Vertices, and I did not hear anyone complain about Performance hits, even with the full ITS / BFR whatever running..  :) Just saying lol. I understand that you gotta make some decisions how far you wanna go, but I just hate to see this "KSP will never be able to run that, even if, what about the poor Laptop users..." cause it's not really true. :D

5 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Why is everyone so anxious about polycount lol? What certainly has an Impact on performance are textures and to some degree colliders. Model complexity is not really a limiting factor to be honest, at least it takes quite a while to get up to numbers where you start to feel an Impact on the Performance.

https://sketchfab.com/models/fb097d6a0fdc450a903dedaaa39693b0

My Raptor got 26k Vertices, and I did not hear anyone complain about Performance hits, even with the full ITS / BFR whatever running..  :) Just saying lol. I understand that you gotta make some decisions how far you wanna go, but I just hate to see this "KSP will never be able to run that, even if, what about the poor Laptop users..." cause it's not really true. :D

I love your mod @Kartoffelkuchen. With that said ur falcon 9 runs fine on my system. Ur falcon Heavy lags pretty badly on my syetem. It could be part count on top of geometry but normals were kinda invented specifically for this reason. Faking detail so performance isn't hurt.

Also, considering the KSP bottle neck is physics textures really shouldn't have an impact except for during loading or if they are extremely high definition.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

1 minute ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I love your mod @Kartoffelkuchen. With that said a falcon 9 runs fine on my system. A falcon Heavy lags pretty badly. It could be part count on top of geometry but normals were kinda invented specifically for this reason. Faking detail so performance isn't hurt.

I know I just love to make those tiny Details no one will probably ever notice really when playing but well. :D Yeah I am not sure if there are some issues maybe with the newest release...it's been so Long since I had KSP running hah.. but anyway I really like how this Comes along

47 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I know I just love to make those tiny Details no one will probably ever notice really when playing but well. :D Yeah I am not sure if there are some issues maybe with the newest release...it's been so Long since I had KSP running hah.. but anyway I really like how this Comes along

Thanks.... Honestly, I never wanted this mod to cross over into your territory. I thought It redundant to make new boosters and what not. I just wanted a DragonV2 (command pods) to launch on your rockets. Don't think I'm not perfectly content with you mod. I just enjoy creating more than I do playing and hence the project just grew over time.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

18 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Just put the new engines in game. I may switch the configuration on the Booster. But the upperstage is now two different engine pieces. Almost time for a new release!

27364706389_b26026200c_b.jpg

38261188685_478002da59_b.jpg

Do the engines have RP configs yet? If not or you want me to update configs let me know and I can create/edit some for you!

42 minutes ago, mrtagnan said:

Do the engines have RP configs yet? If not or you want me to update configs let me know and I can create/edit some for you!

That would be great! The booster will use the configs you already made but the upper stage will need to be edited because the four vacuum engines are now a separate part from the three atmospheric engines. 

49 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

@harrisjosh2711The new engine textures are WAY better than the old ones. @Kartoffelkuchen the falcon heavy has 27 engines, not the BFR

Yes, I much say it looks a lot better.

3 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Yep wanted them to just have a metal look but there all chrome lol that's a lot of chrome

Would you mind posting/PM the config that made that happen? I have been wanting to play around with textures unlimited, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

4 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Would you mind posting/PM the config that made that happen? I have been wanting to play around with textures unlimited, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sure give me a sec and here is a pic 

quHr8vv.png">">Album  will appear when post is submitted

8 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Sent you a PM and do you have other craft files ? The ones post don't show up ?