Kerbalized SpaceX

47 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Try Real Solar System, I've heard that it is great for people who have played through the entire stockalike (ie; stock, OPM, Galileo"s planet pack, etc) game and want something new.

I think I’m going to try playing later. My current save is in rss and it’s proving exceptionally difficult to build any kind of surface base without using infinite fuel. If only mech jeb’s Auto land wasn’t broken...... unfortunately when the planets are that big even though in map mode it looks like your landing next to something. In Reality that something is several thousand meters away. So I have to cut on infinite fuel and fly closer after I land the first time.

2 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I think I’m going to try playing later. My current save is in rss and it’s proving exceptionally difficult to build any kind of surface base without using infinite fuel. If only mech jeb’s Auto land wasn’t broken...... unfortunately when the planets are that big even though in map mode it looks like your landing next to something. In Reality that something is several thousand meters away. So I have to cut on infinite fuel and fly closer after I land the first time.

Real Scale Boosters will help with that.  For example a, Saturn V will be 10m a wide, as opposed to 5-6m (depending on modpack). BTW, where did you find and install RSS, I've been trying, but can't find it.

10 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Real Scale Boosters will help with that.  For example a, Saturn V will be 10m a wide, as opposed to 5-6m (depending on modpack). BTW, where did you find and install RSS, I've been trying, but can't find it.

I think you misunderstand my issue. Unless it’s several hundred meters wide it won’t help me land any closer lol. Read the last few pages on the RSS thread. It’s not updated but if you read through you will find one. Or just ask.....

12 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Sry, I thought the problem was the rockets being too small, not the map being broken.

Oh it not that the maps are broken. It’s that  the planets are real size. When you look on a map it appears two cities are right next to each other. But in reality how much land is really in between those two cities? A lot! The same goes for RSS. Although your pointer shows you landing almost directly beside your target in reality you could be over a mile away. Its not a broken map, its simply just that big. If you wanted to drive a rover across the continental US. That would take weeks- it’s that big.

22 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Oh it not that the maps are broken. It’s that  the planets are real size. When you look on a map it appears two cities are right next to each other. But in reality how much land is really in between those two cities? A lot! The same goes for RSS. Although your pointer shows you landing almost directly beside your target in reality you could be over a mile away. Its not a broken map, its simply just that big. If you wanted to drive a rover across the continental US. That would take weeks- it’s that big.

There might be a mod to fix the map problems

Edited by eskimo22

Look closely at this picture. You will see a red Icon and a yellow Icon sticking out just slightly from behind the red. The distance in between those points is exactly 43 miles. Do you get it now? Hench if this was the RSS map in KSP and those two dots that look on top of each other are your two ships they are 43 miles apart.

39745105035_d9025ecd82_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

5 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Look closely at this picture. You will see a red Icon and a yellow Icon sticking out just slightly from behind the red. The distance in between those points is exactly 43 miles. Do you get it now?

39745105035_d9025ecd82_b.jpg

I do indeed get what you are saying. what I am saying is that there might be a mod that allows you to zoom in further on the map. If you zoom in on this picture, you will se that they are far apart.

Edited by eskimo22

31 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

I do indeed get what you are saying. what I am saying is that there might be a mod that allows you to zoom in further on the map. If you zoom in on this picture, you will se that they are far apart.

Ah, I got you now. I do not think so unfortunately......... 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, harrisjosh2711 said:

To many seats is the issue. Not sure what I will do to fix it.

I don't think I will be working on this until perhaps when the new version of KSP comes out. Its been real and its been fun but I honestly haven't really been interested in playing this game in months. 

None of the pre-made ships are incompatible nor are any parts missing. That is making the assumption that you installed it correctly.

I've found that if I drag around the box that comes up when right-clicking a part, I can access the rest of it. Problem solved.

I randomly stumbled across this mod again,
And I do have to say, I'm speechless. Since I last saw this in Kottaboes review, this mod has come quite a way and really stepped up its quality. 
It really feels like a strong competitor to Tundra exploration.
Keep on the good work.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, harrisjosh2711 said:

None of the pre-made ships are incompatible nor are any parts missing. That is making the assumption that you installed it correctly.

Well, I've tried re-installing the mod and it still says that the ships are incompatible with 1.3.0.

Edited by NoXion

7 hours ago, NoXion said:

Well, I've tried re-installing the mod and it still says that the ships are incompatible with 1.3.0.

Ah, it could be you are playing on 1.3.0. Sorry I cant confirm this. I can only confirm that the ship files are working on 1.3.1. I would check but my time will currently geared towards making sure everything is working right for the coming 1.4. 

2 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Does it matter that I play on 1.3 (not 1.3.1)
l2l8cwA.png
Because this definitely doesn't look normal.

Lol no it doesn't. Ooops, yea I was messing around with the KIS configs and I forgot to fix them. Hopefully, the new version for 1.4 will be available the day of release and I will have a fix for that. Its just a number in the KIS configs for the BFR is set way to high. I wanted to allow slightly bigger items to fit into the slots. But It seems I ran into the issue of it calculating based off weight instead of volume and I just ended up letting it slip my mind because I was all excited about the falcon heavy.

16 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Hopefully, the new version for 1.4 will be available the day of release 

1.4 is out today, and your mod loads just fine in the newer version.
(But just to be safe, I deleted the Deployable aerosurface dll).
For a test drive, I used one of the prefab Dragon 2/Falcon9 launchers and flew a mun mission with successful landing of both crafts.
Works fine enough for me.

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

1 hour ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

1.4 is out today, and your mod loads just fine in the newer version.
(But just to be safe, I deleted the Deployable aerosurface dll).
For a test drive, I used one of the prefab Dragon 2/Falcon9 launchers and flew a mun mission with successful landing of both crafts.
Works fine enough for me.

Awesome that's good, I was wondering about that .dll. The guy who maintains that really puts in a lot of effort so it should be fixed pronto. I meant when the making history DLC actually drops on Steam though. I thought they were going to drop simultaneously but apparently that is going to be 1.4.1. 

Big changes coming concerning how the BFR functions. Thanks to some guy who didn't know what he was talking about that who pestering me on YouTube about how the BFR didn't work right. He was trying to argue that it was suppose to enter nose up even after I showed him the video from SpaceX proving him wrong. Any how I decided to change it up a little bit as thought I could make it a little easier/fun. Here is what I came up with. It may see a few small changes in the future like possibly and elevon but this will be for the most part how the BFR will function in the future. You guys like the new way or old way better?

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Because the 1.4 stock Saturn V parts are 5m, the BFR should be 5m as opposed to the 5.5m size that i suggested previously. I also think that adding elevons to the wings on the BFS would be great for extra control, adding elevons to the current part makes the center of lift go all the way back to the rear of the ship, causing it to flip backward.

Edited by eskimo22

15 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Because the 1.4 stock Saturn V parts are 5m, the BFR should be 5m as opposed to the 5.5m size that i suggested previously. I also think that adding elevons to the wings on the BFS would be great for extra control, adding elevons to the current part makes the center of lift go all the way back to the rear of the ship, causing it to flip backward.

Yea, my guess was that I could adjust the Elevons center of lift in the configs to essentially put it where I want. Right now it is moving it like you said to the back and also to the bottom towards the fin. I have to be careful though because It shouldn't fly like a plane. The video I posted above is a 5.5m BFR. Not really feeling the 5m as that means you wouldn't be able to fit two 2.5m parts. 

2 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I think this picture gives me an good approximation  on the wingspan the BFR would need if it were to fly like a plane.

pMiqRiC.jpg

The elevons are for extra control during EDL and to save RCS fuel (either monopropellant or LF-OX for the RCS thrusters), not for flying like a plane. 

23 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yea, my guess was that I could adjust the Elevons center of lift in the configs to essentially put it where I want. Right now it is moving it like you said to the back and also to the bottom towards the fin. I have to be careful though because It shouldn't fly like a plane. The video I posted above is a 5.5m BFR. Not really feeling the 5m as that means you wouldn't be able to fit two 2.5m parts. 

makes sense.

Edited by eskimo22