Kerbalized SpaceX

3 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

Please hurry up with the new BFR, my Kerbals are on strike, they refuse to build another expendable Super Heavy Launch Vehicle.  There has been public outcry from taxpayers over the sheer cost of expendable SHLVs. The space program could loose political support over this. They need evidence of progress in reusable SHLVs (BFR pics). just kidding, don't get mad.

Ill try to have it updated by the end of the week, no promise. I have an exam and a research project due this week then a little free time.

5 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

small problem with the BFR booster engines, the thrust increases 20 meganewtons (28MN to 48MN) from SL to VAC on all engine setting, the center engines only increase 1 MN (13MN to 14MN). 

Yes, it is intended for balance reasons. make the ISP higher on key = 1 X(X=ISP variable-NOTE-change the variable not the 1)in the config to change it. Look under BFRBoosterEngines.cfg, find ModuleEnginesFX., find atmospheric curve, find key 1. Also make sure the ID='s AllEngines not CenterOnly.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

18 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yes, it is intended for balance reasons. make the ISP higher on key = 1 X(X=ISP variable-NOTE-change the variable not the 1)in the config to change it. Look under BFRBoosterEngines.cfg, find ModuleEnginesFX., find atmospheric curve, find key 1. Also make sure the ID='s AllEngines not CenterOnly.

I think it would be better to nerf SL isp instead of thrust, the TWR was very low when carrying 150t

42 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

I think it would be better to nerf SL isp instead of thrust, the TWR was very low when carrying 150t

ISP directly affects thrust.

A matter of fact, that is exactly what I did was nerf the SL ISP. I think the best way to close the gap would be to lower the thrust on the engines and increase the SL ISP. Right after a rocket launch is literally when gravity steals the most DV hence why I chose it. I know this isn't right but you have to cheat to put 31 raptor engines into KSP, assuming you want them to have a somewhat realistic level of thrust. Sure, if you made every engine weaker than the stock LV engine, but that would be cheating too. Right now each engine produces around 1543kn thrust. I'm starting to think this is to high and should be nerfed. As I said before, increase the SL isp will fix the lack of thrust at launch. I do remember that during testing I was having a difficult time actually producing the thrust to lift 150 tons. Perhaps I should slash the payload to something more KSP friendly. Maybe 150*.61= 91.5 tons? That would help solve a lot of things. Another solution would be to make the rocket a fat midget like KSP rockets (short and stalky). I really don't know what the best course of action would be......... The real engines seem to produce 1700kn maybe I should multiply by the same variable that moves the bfr from 9m to 5.5m? 1700*.61= 1037. Which means I would Also have to reconfigure the merlin engines as they would be to close to the raptors in terms of thrust.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

14 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

ISP directly affects thrust.

A matter of fact, that is exactly what I did was nerf the SL ISP. I think the best way to close the gap would be to lower the thrust on the engines and increase the SL ISP. Right after a rocket launch is literally when gravity steals the most DV hence why I chose it. I know this isn't right but you have to cheat to put 31 raptor engines into KSP, assuming you want them to have a somewhat realistic level of thrust. Sure, if you made every engine weaker than the stock LV engine, but that would be cheating too. Right now each engine produces around 1543lb thrust. I'm starting to think this is to high and should be nerfed. As I said before, increase the SL isp will fix the lack of thrust at launch. I do remember that during testing I was having a difficult time actually producing the thrust to lift 150 tons. Perhaps I should slash the payload to something more KSP friendly. Maybe 150*.61= 91.5 tons? That would help solve a lot of things. Another solution would be to make the rocket a fat midget like KSP rockets (short and stalky). I really don't know what the best course of action would be.........

I think the best option is to scale down the BFR so there is no need to nerf it relative to stock rockets (150t and 5 or 5.5m). Tundra's BFR booster has a SL thrust of 13678.32 kN and a 330 sl ISP (it's 5m across, so slightly more thrust would be accurate for 5.5m). It might be a good idea to make an un nerfed 5.5m BFR in addition to the nerfed 7.5m. A fat midget rocket would look all wrong, making the rocket shorter AND narrower is a better idea (5.5m x 64.6m)

Edited by eskimo22

1 hour ago, eskimo22 said:

I think the best option is to scale down the BFR so there is no need to nerf it relative to stock rockets (150t and 5 or 5.5m). Tundra's BFR booster has a SL thrust of 13678.32 kN and a 330 sl ISP (it's 5m across, so slightly more thrust would be accurate for 5.5m). It might be a good idea to make an un nerfed 5.5m BFR in addition to the nerfed 7.5m. A fat midget rocket would look all wrong, making the rocket shorter AND narrower is a better idea (5.5m x 64.6m)

Problem is that would require a decent amount of work(10-20)hours. I don't have the drive or incentive to invest that into the mod at the moment. 

Hey i got some problem if i start the KSP and thje patches are loaded i have four errors in the kerbalizedTweakScale.cfg. Ich i want to use the Landingslegs, there are no legs in the Groundsection on thejleft side of the game, what can i do?!?!

Sry for my bad English :D

3 hours ago, Cookkiiezzz said:

Hey i got some problem if i start the KSP and thje patches are loaded i have four errors in the kerbalizedTweakScale.cfg. Ich i want to use the Landingslegs, there are no legs in the Groundsection on thejleft side of the game, what can i do?!?!

Sry for my bad English :D

What version are you using? Not really sure what is causing ur issue. Is other things from my mod showing up just not the ground legs? Post you log I should be able to figure it out.

2 hours ago, Cookkiiezzz said:

I'm using 1.4.2 and were can i find the log for this mod?

1.4.2 isn't supported yet. Should be by the end of the weekend. I loaded up the mod and the landing legs are there for me in 1.4.2 so I'm guessing its an instillation issue.

Post that log I will try to get it solved for you. Keep in mind, this mod isn't updated yet so there are a few small bugs in 1.4.2. Nothing major, the only I know of for sure is the integrated RCS is firing the FX backwards.

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

9 hours ago, Cookkiiezzz said:

I think the major problem is you don't have the mod installed in your game. Here is what you have installed.

GameData:

000_AT_Utils

ConfigurableContainers
GroundConstruction
Stock folder: Squad
SquadExpansion

You Need to have a JNH folder inside your gamedata to have this mod installed. Here is a picture of my Gamedata folder- notice the highlighted JNH folder. 
26633075067_acdd9e18c0_b.jpg

Also, you didn't need to revert to 1.3.1. Did you revert and move the stock expansion stuff over or is there a way to use that in 1.3.1? Anyways, the gamedata folder I showed you in the pic is a 1.4.2 install.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

9 hours ago, Cookkiiezzz said:

Your log says other wise. I'm going to give you step by step instructions for install.

1)Download kerbalized spaceX

2)Open folder Kerbalized_SpaceX.zip

3)Open folder Kerbalized_SpaceX

4)Copy GameData & Ship Folders

5)Paste directly into KSP directory folder (the folder your KSP GameData folder is in)

6)Look into installing CKAN since you seem to be having instillation issues.

Folders and files in GameData:

000_AT_Utils
ConfigurableContainers
GroundConstruction
Stock folder: Squad

SquadExpansion

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, serg1983 said:

in the settings of the engines can be set to a value of "auto" and "manual switching" in the control unit engines.how this feature works and when .

Its like that because the dual engine module is built for the rapier engines. The engine that switches from atmospheric to Non atmospheric. Since my engines don't have an atmospheric mode you can just ignore that part. It wont switch, not can you switch it, Its just part of the module.  Check out the rapier engine If your interested in it. 

On 5/6/2018 at 10:16 AM, harrisjosh2711 said:

Ill get it updated next week after I finish up my last two final exams. Sorry its taken me so long to update. #priorities

All your work is appreciated. Good luck on your final exams! :)