Kerbalized SpaceX

I'm having an unusual issue where the electricity randomly drains 100% when warping >10000x. With solar panels it works if I warp slower, with nuclear reactors it doesn't seem to generate power at all during warp. I'm using TALCS for life support. I don't know what could cause this, but the BFR and ITS command pods are the only pods I've experienced this with. KSP v 1.3 and 1.33 of this mod.

1 hour ago, viveleroi said:

I'm having an unusual issue where the electricity randomly drains 100% when warping >10000x. With solar panels it works if I warp slower, with nuclear reactors it doesn't seem to generate power at all during warp. I'm using TALCS for life support. I don't know what could cause this, but the BFR and ITS command pods are the only pods I've experienced this with. KSP v 1.3 and 1.33 of this mod.

Strange. What other mods are you using, things that would effect electricity: like kopernicus, dynamic battery storage? I just checked an un-modded game an electricity is functioning properly. My mod doesn't utilize anything but the stock module for electricity so I don't think my mod is causing this. I'm running further test on a heavy modded game then ill update.

Using a lot  of mods I am experiencing an issue but I'm not sure what mod is causing it. I'm going to need some pictures or something before I believe my pods are the only ones being affected.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, harrisjosh2711 said:

If you have plenty of fuel to return than you should try seeing if you have enough delta v for 200 or even 250 tons. 

On a technical basis, have you taken into account that the bfr uses methalox fuel which has an entire different density than rp1? I haven’t really looked into the density of methane but I believe it’s less dense than RP-1 meaning you need more tank space to carry the same amount of fuel.

i suppose what it comes down to is I KNOW the BFR is currently far to overpowered. But you are telling me it should be more powerful? I just don’t get it man. I understand that according to the size of the tank there should more fuel but if add more fuel I only make the problem worse. So in mind any suggestion to change the fuel has to included changes in thrust, isp, & dry mass as well. I mean, I designed the thing from a cylinder. I drew it’s textures. I tested and wrote it’s configs. I balanced it. Nobody knows this bfr better than I do. In all honesty I don’t get much time to actually play the game but last time I flew the bfr the only thing I could think of was I need to figure out a way to nerf the power on this thing.

if anyone thinks the bfr should be more powerful put in a word for eskimo22. If you agree with me and think the bfr could stand to loose some power just don’t say anything and let me be in peace:cool: please do click like if you are as tired of this same  old conversation as I am. I find myself repeating myself over and over saying the same thing but somehow I keep expecting an different outcome....????? 

Thanks man! At the moment I don't have a heat shield for the 2.5m dragon sorry about that. I will keep that in mind in the future. I'm a little fuzzy on the direction this mod is currently headed so I cant give any specific details but I will do something to address that.

And landing gear on the capsule like it's bigger brother!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

did you ever figure out how to make the falcon heavy boosters seperate properly, @harrisjosh2711?

Yea, they separate correctly. Still have an issue where the radial node thinks its connecting to 2.5 m so you have to adjust the tanks with the move tool to get them where you want them. Which doesn't bother me as I'm use to adjusting things in ksp. 

Here was a testing screen shot-

25343888197_f3206574f3_b.jpg

55 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

any special steps needed during flight for successful seperation?

The only thing special is if you want the decoupler to close you must activate the animation simultaneous to or before decoupling. I set an action trigger to decouple the decoupler and to fire the animation at the exact same time. I also put the engines for the decoupler to toggle with the action trigger but I’m not sure that’s necessary. I also put my 2 outter booster engines to toggle on the same trigger so I don’t need to throttle down when I decouple (they still have fuel if u bringing them home). 

Thats how I do it.

36 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

so...outline the full set of command sequences for booster sep?

The previous post does that but I will try and make it simpler.

1)The decoupler isn't special. If you don't care if it closes or not put it on the rocket and fly it.

2)The only thing special is the animation. To close/AND to decouple the decoupler- put them both on the same action trigger. 

-Just think about it for a sec. You have two decouplers- the animation is activated just as any animation- in the UI. Do you want to have to right click both decouplers and click close and than stage the decoupler? Of course not. You want all that on a action trigger so that when you press 1- all the above occurs simultaneously.

DWQUJvAW4AANsGF.jpg:largeDWQT6OdX4AAbTrL.jpg:large

It would be great if the BFR could look like this in the future ie; smoother wings, landing leg housing, color. although it would probably be very hard to model to such detail, so it's just a suggestion, not a request. I might be able to model something like this in sketchup, if i can, how would i send it to you?

Edited by eskimo22

2 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

It would be great if the BFR could look like this in the future ie; smoother wings, landing leg housing, color. although it would probably be very hard to model to such detail, so it's just a suggestion, not a request. I might be able to model something like this in sketchup, if i can, how would i send it to you?

I very seriously doubt I will be re-modeling the BFR. Who knows though I have been known to make sporadic decisions. If you would like to give it a shot go for it. If you do manage to create this don't send it to me to add to my mod, start it up as your own mod. If you wanted to work together I'm cool with that but I wouldn't be much help when it comes to sketch up. I have spent the past six months learning blender so.....

3 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I very seriously doubt I will be re-modeling the BFR. Who knows though I have been known to make sporadic decisions. If you would like to give it a shot go for it. If you do manage to create this don't send it to me to add to my mod, start it up as your own mod. If you wanted to work together I'm cool with that but I wouldn't be much help when it comes to sketch up. I have spent the past six months learning blender so.....

I say sketchup because I have experience in it, and know someone who is really good at it, I don't know how to use blender. I also would only be able to create a 3d model, because I don't know how to code engines and moving parts, for that, I'd need to send it to someone who does. 

Edited by eskimo22

6 hours ago, CRAZYmonkey247 said:

Hi i just downloaded this and i looked through the forum and couldnt find anyone with the same issue (might of overlooked it) but the parts do not show up. i put them in game data and nothing happened.

Are you positive you have it installed correctly? Inside your gamedata there should be a "JNH" folder. If you have the folder kerbalized spaceX inside your gamedata than you have it installed wrong. This is what your folder should somewhat resemble.

If this isn't the issue- you can follow the instructions from the link and upload your log file and I should be able to tell you what is causing your issue.- Don't worry about everything on the page just look for the part that says LOGS. Also, if you decide to do this you must upload the file through a file sharing website such as dropbox (to large to post on forums).

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Question...

How the heck do you rendezvous with the ISS and deorbit with the Dragon Cargo without engines?

Is it all done mearley on RCS?

At least the Dragon Crew Capsule has engine thrusters on the capsule itself.

How is it done in RL after the cargo capsule decouples from the final orbital transfer booster stage?

Also, isn't the open hatch on the cargo capsule a docking port for the Canadarm and not for science equipment?

Edited by Kilo60

47 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Question...

How the heck do you rendezvous with the ISS and deorbit with the Dragon Cargo without engines?

How is it done in RL after the cargo capsule decouples from the final orbital transfer booster stage?

Also, isn't the open hatch on the cargo capsule a docking port for the Canadarm and not for science equipment?

The Dragon V1 trunk in the mod has a solid fuel booster which i guess is for de-orbiting, however i don't think this is in the real life version. And the open hatch is used by the Canadarm 2 on the ISS for docking, however there is no stock equivalent for it in-game and the only way to get the arm is by downloading a mod that uses Infernal Robotics

The BFR RCS thrusters IRL will run on LF+OX (methaLOX) and have thrust measured in tons (~2.5- in kerbal scale) in ksp that would convert to 1 ton = ~10 kilonewtons. In my opinion, the thrusters should be like the vernor thruster, just more powerful.

Edited by eskimo22

3 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

The Dragon V1 trunk in the mod has a solid fuel booster which i guess is for de-orbiting, however i don't think this is in the real life version. And the open hatch is used by the Canadarm 2 on the ISS for docking, however there is no stock equivalent for it in-game and the only way to get the arm is by downloading a mod that uses Infernal Robotics

Hmmmmm......I wonder how it is done IRL then...

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Question...

Yes, its intended to only use RCS for maneuvers and de-orbit burn. Assuming a good launch you shouldn't need much to rendezvous. I'm not 100% sure if spaceX use's any kind of engine in the trunk or not, its a possibility. You could always throw a tank and small engine into the trunk. Many times I will put a small satellite into the trunk and use its engine if I need it. But yea, as said above stock ksp doesn't support any kind of robotic part so I just made the that a area a science bay.

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Hmmmmm......I wonder how it is done IRL then...

In real life it would most generally ride the upperstage into a rendezvous orbit than use RCS for any slight adjustments. The falcon 9 has the ability to make geocentric orbit. Now that I think about it carrying extra fuel in the trunk would be a waste considering this.

When I installed this mod, the pre-made ships are apparently incompatible, and I'm fairly sure that some of the parts are missing. I'm running 1.3.0, but I assume the 1.3.X in the OP means that it's supposed to work. What's going on?

I've also encountered another problem. I have Kerbal Inventory System installed, and right-clicking on SpaceX BFR command module causes this to happen:

uhoh.png

This presumably obscures a fair amount of options and information.

On 21.02.2018 at 8:31 PM, eskimo22 said:

Can you provide a link where you took these pictures?

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, NoXion said:

I've also encountered another problem. I have Kerbal Inventory System installed, and right-clicking on SpaceX BFR command module causes this to happen:

uhoh.png

This presumably obscures a fair amount of options and information.

To many seats is the issue. Not sure what I will do to fix it.

Just now, eskimo22 said:

will a 5.5m BFR be included in the next update? and, have the RealPlume configs been updated?

I don't think I will be working on this until perhaps when the new version of KSP comes out. Its been real and its been fun but I honestly haven't really been interested in playing this game in months. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, NoXion said:

When I installed this mod, the pre-made ships are apparently incompatible, and I'm fairly sure that some of the parts are missing. I'm running 1.3.0, but I assume the 1.3.X in the OP means that it's supposed to work. What's going on?

None of the pre-made ships are incompatible nor are any parts missing. That is making the assumption that you installed it correctly.

19 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I don't think I will be working on this until perhaps when the new version of KSP comes out. Its been real and its been fun but I honestly haven't really been interested in playing this game in months. 

On 3/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, NoXion said:

Try Real Solar System, I've heard that it is great for people who have played through the entire stockalike (ie; stock, OPM, Galileo"s planet pack, etc) game and want something new.

Edited by eskimo22