Recommended Posts

No, the old one still exists, but the new one is added with a config, but you could replace the old one with the new one and delete the config if you ran the part through Unity once again, as I'm afraid that's the only way without editing the .mu file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bottle Rocketeer 500

35211280244_6ff8abe9ca_b.jpg

working for me on a stock KSP install

 

1 minute ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

No, the old one still exists, but the new one is added with a config, but you could replace the old one with the new one and delete the config if you ran the part through Unity once again, as I'm afraid that's the only way without editing the .mu file.

I did re-run it through Unity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Oh, perfect! I used the stock pattern on it.

Did you get it working? Yes I like it much better! I didn't want to require people to use module manager to use your new texture.

Ill put some pics up on it soon. trying to figure out why curse hasn't approved my upload yet. Its been around thirty minutes.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 I keep all my scenes saved!  I just replaced the old trunk mesh with the new re-texture one and moved all the transforms to the new mesh. Took all of five minutes.

 

 

8 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I know, my upload from yesterday still hasn't been approved.

Seriously? Wow, I removed the link from my page.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Also, you forgot to merge my PR on Github

I just seen that. Weird, I did merge it! I'm new to using GitHub, its rather complicated. I haven't really had the time to play with it yet, Its been a huge learning curve getting all this stuff working in KSP. I hope to start learning more about plugins and what not next. I edited your PR- just the re-scale factor and then merged them into the master. Not sure why the request is still there. If you check out the cfg's everything you changed is there, other than the re-scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@harrisjosh2711 The rescale factor of the parts is still 0.95

Yes, I decided to keep the .95 scale because of the new 5m parts coming in KSP's next update. I accepted everything other than that. Plus, if me or you wants to make it smaller- we know how. If anybody else has an opinion- they had the opportunity to share it. What about tweakscale? do you know how to write the configs for that? 

1 hour ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

can I make a heat shield part instead of the HS being built in in the CM?

You may- if you can animate some landing legs for it. I seem to recall you saying you haven't messed with animated parts. If you want to give it a stab its extremely easy! I learned to animate in around 2 minutes. It can get difficult, but it wont be for four landing legs all going in the same direction. The HS does need work.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new parts I have been working on for the next update. So far I have the Dragon 2 dock, which allows the Dragon v2 to re-dock to its trunk, a small radial mono tank, and my first (early) model of the upperstage launch vehicle.

35928350692_4d60545c4a_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.7.2017 at 4:43 AM, harrisjosh2711 said:

Some new parts I have been working on for the next update. So far I have the Dragon 2 dock, which allows the Dragon v2 to re-dock to its trunk, a small radial mono tank, and my first (early) model of the upperstage launch vehicle.

35928350692_4d60545c4a_b.jpg

Superb work here :D

Buuut, the original Dragon hatch opens to 90 degrees :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Superb work here :D

Buuut, the original Dragon hatch opens to 90 degrees :D

Thanks! 

Yes, it does. I think this is one of those things people would hate me either way :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.07.2017 at 6:35 PM, harrisjosh2711 said:

Thanks! 

Yes, it does. I think this is one of those things people would hate me either way :D.

tell them to design their stations properly :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 2:36 AM, harrisjosh2711 said:

First time in game.

35780225250_d7707c8979_b.jpg

@harrisjosh2711 Very nice work on the new parts, but may I suggest to keep a more stockalike look on the ITS. An example would be to make the windows look more stockalike. Also, I'll make a HS as soon as I finish my upcoming mod's stockalike Orion capsule.

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, not sure if this is a bug or not but when i managed to get the Dragon capsule into orbit, i opened up the docking port hatch to dock with my space station and underneath the docking port hatch was a weird grey layering above where the docking port was meant to be. Not sure if it's a bug or something i'm not doing right, but though i should post it here. Will get a picture up soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.07.2017 at 8:36 AM, harrisjosh2711 said:

First time in game.

35780225250_d7707c8979_b.jpg

Are you able to make a separate 90 degree hatch version ? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

HI, not sure if this is a bug or not but when i managed to get the Dragon capsule into orbit, i opened up the docking port hatch to dock with my space station and underneath the docking port hatch was a weird grey layering above where the docking port was meant to be. Not sure if it's a bug or something i'm not doing right, but though i should post it here. Will get a picture up soon

It sure does look out of place but in line with SpaceX Renders of the Dragon V2:

spacex_dragon_v2_4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

HI, not sure if this is a bug or not but when i managed to get the Dragon capsule into orbit, i opened up the docking port hatch to dock with my space station and underneath the docking port hatch was a weird grey layering above where the docking port was meant to be. Not sure if it's a bug or something i'm not doing right, but though i should post it here. Will get a picture up soon

If I'm understanding you correctly- The pod doesn't actually have its own docking port. It has a place for a docking port- you need to add it in the VAB. If this isn't ur issue please post a pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2017 at 4:42 PM, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yes, I decided to keep the .95 scale because of the new 5m parts coming in KSP's next update.

First of all, it will be in the expansion, which will be paid, so not everybody will get it.  Second of all, it makes sense to make it 2.5m, as the Apollo pod will be 2.5m, and the Dragon V2 is smaller than the Apollo Capsule(in diameter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Are you able to make a separate 90 degree hatch version ? :P

A 90 degree hatch version? Could you clarify a bit? At any rate, I spent a lot of yesterday working on the interior for that pod. I plan on making some changes to the exterior today- so get back to me,

2 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

First of all, it will be in the expansion, which will be paid, so not everybody will get it.  Second of all, it makes sense to make it 2.5m, as the Apollo pod will be 2.5m, and the Dragon V2 is smaller than the Apollo Capsule(in diameter).

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 You are still on that subject?!?!?!:cool: In All seriousness, I told you the plans a few PM's ago as to the scale of the pod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.