Kerbalized SpaceX

7 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

@harrisjosh2711  did the link work (to the drills hidden in the bottom of the BFR)?

And will the solar panels look like this?

bfr-payload.jpghttp://www.spacex.com/mars

Something like that. The cargo bay up there is definitely possible and a good idea. I will consider making it that way.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

2 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Playing around with that cargo idea.

38652436944_f8f06731b0_b.jpg

25491380038_df9321328a_b.jpg

27583677339_973d69ec7d_b.jpg

Looks good, Definitely enough room for an ISRU, radar and ammunition. and I think that a ladder should be built into the BFR (fixed grips from the hatch down to the bottom, telescoping from the bottom to the ground)

Edited by eskimo22

Regarding tech tree nodes, I noticed the Merlin Vacuum is unlocked at a higher tech level than the Falcon 9 first stage cluster. Since these are first and second stage of the same rocket, shouldn't these be unlocked at the same tech level?

36 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

Regarding tech tree nodes, I noticed the Merlin Vacuum is unlocked at a higher tech level than the Falcon 9 first stage cluster. Since these are first and second stage of the same rocket, shouldn't these be unlocked at the same tech level?

That makes sense. I will make it that way in the future. This mod is very much still a WIP so expect an overhaul to the tech tree sometime in the near future.

Worked on the bfr IVA today. I think I want to make that bottom pieces (part with all the boxes) a separate part. It would clip into place at the very top of the new payload bay and could be crew quarters, science lab, both, etc.... Essentially, you would launch the crew in the top and then move them to the bottom for long transit missions. This also wouldn't obstruct you placing anything in the new cargo bay because it will grab onto a node at the top of the cargo bay which will put it into place where it should be in the ship. Any opinions or ideas?

27607662409_535dbcf23f_b.jpg

39384778751_d2a2e0090f_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

the separated deck layout looks cool, will the passenger cabins have IVAs?

any dates for when this comes out?

The separate part strategy seems like a good idea, on LKO missions the long range cabins could be removed in favor of extra cargo.

On point to point mission on kerbin, external command seats could be placed in the cargo bay for increased passenger capacity.

On long range missions, having a large crew cabin is a VERY good idea, but on an LKO or Kerbin-Kerbin mission it is wasteful. In my opinion, having a removable extended mission habitat is a good idea.

Edited by eskimo22

44 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

the separated deck layout looks cool, will the passenger cabins have IVAs?

any dates for when this comes out?

The separate part strategy seems like a good idea, on LKO missions the long range cabins could be removed in favor of extra cargo.

On point to point mission on kerbin, external command seats could be placed in the cargo bay for increased passenger capacity.

On long range missions, having a large crew cabin is a VERY good idea, but on an LKO or Kerbin-Kerbin mission it is wasteful. In my opinion, having a removable extended mission habitat is a good idea.

Yes they will have IVA's . No timeline yet. The only thing about it being cargo is it will need to be KIS space. There simply want be any good way to get the cargo out of it. 

6 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yes they will have IVA's . No timeline yet. The only thing about it being cargo is it will need to be KIS space. There simply want be any good way to get the cargo out of it. 

KIS makes sense, it would be a disaster trying to use an RCS tug to pull cargo out of the crew cabin. And with Extra-planetary Launchpads, you can store parts as rocketparts or materialkits, macinery and specialized parts (depending on wether you have MKS installed or not).

I think you should make a truss system to attach external command seats to, for increased passenger capacity during kerbin to kerbin missions.

Edited by eskimo22

3 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

KIS makes sense, it would be a disaster trying to use an RCS tug to pull cargo out of the crew cabin. And with Extra-planetary Launchpads, you can store parts as rocketparts or materialkits, macinery and specialized parts (depending on wether you have MKS installed or not).

I think you should make a truss system to attach external command seats to, for increased passenger capacity during kerbin to kerbin missions.

Yes it would. 

I'm not sure what you mean by a truss system but I don't think you will be needing any extra space for kerbals. Do you really want to have to move sixty kerbals around once you arrive at your base? I don't imagine myself personally ever really carrying more than 10 kerbals somewhere. Even then half are mainly along for the ride. It would be cool to have some set of missions that would require you to build toward finding a new home for kerbal kind. Which you would need to establish some very large colonies. 

16 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Yes it would. 

I'm not sure what you mean by a truss system but I don't think you will be needing any extra space for kerbals. Do you really want to have to move sixty kerbals around once you arrive at your base? I don't imagine myself personally ever really carrying more than 10 kerbals somewhere. Even then half are mainly along for the ride. It would be cool to have some set of missions that would require you to build toward finding a new home for kerbal kind. Which you would need to establish some very large colonies. 

My save is a loose model of SpaceX's plans, so I need to carry around 30-40 kerbals per flight. But now that I think about it, placing 60 kerbals in external command seats for kerbin to kerbin missions would be very tedious. I would not put kerbals in external command seats for any mission longer than kerbin to kerbin (i'm not spirit airlines). The Duna Colonization Mission, Novo Mundo, or New World, and the BFR is crucial to the mission; but the part counts on colonies are just to large to make massive colonies, so once the BFR is done, a good project (In My Opinion) would be to build a large habitat module for big, permanent colonies. 

Edited by eskimo22

4 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

placing 60 kerbals in external command seats for kerbin to kerbin missions would be very tedious. 

Yes, it would be.

5 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

but the part counts on colonies are just to large to make massive colonies, so once the BFR is done, a good project (In My Opinion) would be to build a large habitat module for big, permanent colonies. 

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. 

11 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Put the new section into the game today. I have done some work on its IVA. I thought I took a screen shot looking out the windows but...... Anyways the IVA is far enough along that It is loaded in with the module. 

39401367961_537c73e109_b.jpg

27624079299_9f66fe2f15_b.jpg

Cool, Lots of space inside the cargo bay

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, eskimo22 said:

Can you send me the BFR Decoupler text to copy into the kerbalizedtweakscale config plz?

Paste this at the bottom of the kerbalizedtweakscale config. If you open it up you will see it is just a series of the same text mostly with just a different name

Spoiler

@PART[BFRcoupler2] //BFR decoupler
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 7.5
    }
}

9 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@harrisjosh2711 Sorry, but I just realized that you forgot to give me credit for my help in the beginning of the mod, such as adding the stock pattern to the trunk, and other stuff like that.

If you want credit here, ill give it in payment-  You can download this anytime for absolutely free.

I have spent probably over 1000 hours on this mod. Please don't come up in here asking for credit. If I feel like you have actually done something that has assisted in the development of this mod I will give you credit. 

You said this. "@harrisjosh2711 Can I make you a trunk texture like shown here?" You then handed me my own texture with some stock panels pasted on top. So how am I going to give you credit for using mine and stock textures?

Between you posting updates of your current work on Tundras thread, @ other modders on your every post, asking for credit on my post. You never fail to make me laugh bottle rocket.

By the way, I'm excited to see your stock alike textures you always pestered me so badly about......

I will remove my old texture from that trunk in the next update. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Love this mod...

But for whatever reason I can't attach any boosters to the Falcon9 Heavy rocket.

I can place the decouplers but the boosters won't snap onto them...

Trying to recreate the exact Falcon 9 Heavy on NASA's Launchpad in Game!

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Love this mod...

But for whatever reason I can't attach any boosters to the Falcon9 Heavy rocket.

I can place the decouplers but the boosters won't snap onto them...

Trying to recreate the exact Falcon 9 Heavy on NASA's Launchpad in Game!

Thanks. 

I have had an issue with this aswell and I'm not really sure why. I will look into it. They will connect to radial decouplers the problem is they are attaching further inside the tanks collision mesh than they should be but only on the outside tanks. It connects fine to the central tank.

In the picture these tanks look like they are attached to the tank but are actually attached to two decouplers.

38774784644_be15020861_b.jpg

If you pull the tanks out using the move tool you will notice they are indeed attached to the decoupler. A good way to test this is if when you highlight the decoupler to move it both it and the tank will highlight so they will move together. The next update will include a decoupler for the falcon heavy that will hopefully eliminate this issue.

25613543818_357b508cd8_b.jpg

This was the first test of the new decoupler.

24616923407_2ac477aa3c_b.jpg

Hello Everyone, I will be moving the development of this mod to a new web site of my own. Will unlock and update you in the near future. This mod is not dead just moving. Thank you all for your support 

@Snark Please lock my forum(I know I should have posted on the whatever forum-just lock it).

Edited by harrisjosh2711