[1.4.0-1.8.1] NavUtilities continued, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System [v0.7.2] (2018 Apr, 1)

Ser

11 hours ago, kostor said:

well, it seems it just stuck the loading phase. I thought it had to do with NavUt, but it seems it didn't. I guess this isn't the thread to discuss it if that's the situation.

Anyhow, next weekend I'll update about my progress to get NavUt to work again.

It is suspicious that the AnalogHSI prop is shown on your screenshots. Certainly some mod adds it to the MK1 cockpit. I haven't tested that prop so it can probably cause troubles. So if I knew that mod I could check that myself and fix.

• 1 month later...

Cheers everyone!

Is there a config file to include the new stock alternative runways, desert runway and whats-its-name (forgot how its called)?

Since they are now stock,  it would make sense perhaps to include them definitively in the mod config!

Great fan of the mod btw. Thanks @Ser for bringing it up to date with 1.4. 

On 7/21/2018 at 7:42 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Cheers everyone!

Is there a config file to include the new stock alternative runways, desert runway and whats-its-name (forgot how its called)?

Since they are now stock,  it would make sense perhaps to include them definitively in the mod config!

Great fan of the mod btw. Thanks @Ser for bringing it up to date with 1.4. 

In this post the config with Dessert runway has been suggested:

• 3 weeks later...

FYI everyone, there is a new KerbinSide for 1.4.x and I have simply pasted the old "customrunways" config file that was valid for ksp 1.3 into my new 1.4.5 game (with current kerbinside and current navutilities). Insofar I have only tested a few runways but it seems that it works fine with the more recent iterations of this mod and kerbinside. "Well duh!" you may think, but not quite: I read somewhere that the new kerbinside moved around the launch sites. If that is true,  the displacement was only slight or perhaps  it only changed a few of the sites. Can't say for sure. But anyway,  it seems to work fine!

• 1 month later...

Hello @Ser, could you clarify something to me?

I am not exactly sure where the glideslope shows in the instrument. As far as real life goes, the glideslope mark walks towards the actual middle of the instrument, hence, "aligned" should be as the letter "A" I marked in the picture below. Is that the same in your mod? Or is middle or "aligned"  in the "B" marked in the picture, right between the round two balls or circle thinghys you drew in the instrument?

BACFkcf.png

Edited by Daniel Prates

16 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Hello @Ser, could you clarify something to me?

I am not exactly sure where the glideslope shows in the instrument. As far as real life goes, the glideslope mark walks towards the actual middle of the instrument, hence, "aligned" should be as the letter "A" I marked in the picture below. Is that the same in your mod? Or is middle or "aligned"  in the "B" marked in the picture, right between the round two balls or circle thinghys you drew in the instrument?

The glide indicator center is at your B mark. I agree with you, it would be better to have it matched with the center of the gauge as it is in the most real life HSI's. The HSI wasn't designed by me, not even the original creator of the mod @kujuman as I understand, so I can only guess why they did it so. Perhaps, the reason was the free window space as its parts are crowded with indicators those aren't there IRL. I'll look what I can do with that, perhaps.

2 hours ago, Ser said:

The glide indicator center is at your B mark. I agree with you, it would be better to have it matched with the center of the gauge as it is in the most real life HSI's. The HSI wasn't designed by me, not even the original creator of the mod @kujuman as I understand, so I can only guess why they did it so. Perhaps, the reason was the free window space as its parts are crowded with indicators those aren't there IRL. I'll look what I can do with that, perhaps.

Well,  either way, it works fine. Maybe just a little explanation in the OP is enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, mountaineerman said:

Hi Ser, I would like to use this mod with a specific version of KSP I am currently running, but your changelog lists version 0.7.1 as compatible with KSP 1.3.0.

Do you know if this version is compatible with KSP 1.3.1?

Yes, v0.7.1 *is* compatable with 1.3.1. Somwheres back on page 1 or 2 of this thread, Ser confirms 0.7.1 is ok for 1.3.1.

There are few instances where plugins/mods break between minor versions of KSP. In the case of this specific mod, thats why there was no update specific for 1.3.1, and the next update only came for KSP 1.4.x

Edited by Stone Blue

On 9/24/2018 at 6:54 AM, Daniel Prates said:

Well,  either way, it works fine. Maybe just a little explanation in the OP is enough.

I think I just wasn't thinking when I made the art. I think it would only require changing the background image (just move the GS markers up until they are in the middle) and changing the assignment in line 279 in GlobalV_DisplayData.cs; probably to y0 += 0.5f.

@Ser Let me know if I should make and test those changes and then put in a pull request.

Edited by kujuman

• 1 month later...

On 3/16/2019 at 12:30 AM, Stone Blue said:

Yes, v0.7.1 *is* compatable with 1.3.1. Somwheres back on page 1 or 2 of this thread, Ser confirms 0.7.1 is ok for 1.3.1.

Is it possible for the CKAN info be adjusted to reflect this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a 1.3.1 backport of this mod available somewhere?  I tried using the version that was available on May 7th of 2019 (I cannot find the version number easily, I assume it's for KSP v1.6) in an 1.3.1 install and it caused KSP to become stuck on the loading screen.

5 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Is there a 1.3.1 backport of this mod available somewhere?  I tried using the version that was available on May 7th of 2019 (I cannot find the version number easily, I assume it's for KSP v1.6) in an 1.3.1 install and it caused KSP to become stuck on the loading screen.

Go to the Spacedock page for this mod and click on Changelog.  You'll see downloads of the previous version.  Try the latest one that's marked for KSP 1.3.x.

3 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Go to the Spacedock page for this mod and click on Changelog.  You'll see downloads of the previous version.  Try the latest one that's marked for KSP 1.3.x.

Thank you.  I wasn't aware of that feature in Spacedock.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Try the latest one that's marked for KSP 1.3.x.

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Thank you.  I wasn't aware of that feature in Spacedock.

just want to make sure everyone is on the same page here - you asked for a backport and that technically means you want a version of the mod with all the recent features that works in 1.3.1. What you're getting from SpaceDock is just the mod compiled for 1.3.1 back when that KSP version was in use and any features developed after that will not be in that version.

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 8/31/2019 at 8:27 AM, Nittany Tiger said:

I'm aware of that.  It just needs to work with KSP 1.3.1.

You can also download from github releases: https://github.com/SerTheGreat/NavInstruments/releases/download/v0.7.1/NavUtilities.continued-0.7.1.zip

On 9/4/2019 at 12:19 AM, bobisback said:

I am having trouble figuring out how to access this in RPM. I have RPM installed and it is working with other mods, but I do not see a option for this in RPM. Any ideas how to get it to show up?

It should be on the navigation page of RPM

Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.