[1.4.0-1.8.1] NavUtilities continued, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System [v0.7.2] (2018 Apr, 1)

Ser

13 hours ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Hi, I have a bug and I don't know how to properly report it:

When I have the latest version of 'NavUtilities continued' installed on KSP 1.3.1, the NavBall indicators for the survey missions are invisible/gone/inactive.

Wut due Eye dew?

That's intentional to encourage you to use more realistic HSI navigation rather than arcade NavBall indicators. When you set a waypoint to be active, the HSI automatically starts pointing to it. But if you still want those indicators, press [Alt-O] to bring the settings window and uncheck "Hide NavBall waypoint icon".

2 hours ago, Ser said:

press [Alt-O] to bring the settings window and uncheck "Hide NavBall waypoint icon".

Aha, thank you. Changing the settings was the thing.

But I wasn't able to activate the LeftAlt+O menu, I changed the settings in the settings.cfg file.

I think that the LeftAlt+O thing is on my end (the menu for a different mod did show when I LeftAlt+O-ed, but that is now assigned to a different key). Is it possible to set or change the key(-combination) to bring up the menu?

Or to "reset to default" in case I broke it?

Found the menu: LeftAlt+click toolbar button.

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

5 minutes ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Aha, thank you. Changing the settings was the thing.

But I wasn't able to activate the LeftAlt+O menu, I changed the settings in the settings.cfg file.

I think that the LeftAlt+O thing is on my end (the menu for a different mod did show when I LeftAlt+O-ed, but that is now assigned to a different key). Is it possible to set or change the key(-combination) to bring up the menu?

Or to "reset to default" in case I broke it?

Sorry, I've confused it with another mod. You can open the settings window by holding Alt and clicking Nav Utilities toolbar button. Or just go to the NavUtilities continued/PluginData/NavUtilLib/settings.cfg and change settings manually in the file (you may have to restart KSP for the changes to take effect).

• 2 months later...
On 17/03/2018 at 6:43 PM, Redneck said:

i rebuilt the project .dll's to work in KSP 1.4.1 download the project and overwrite the dll files in \GameData\NavUtilities continued with these https://www.dropbox.com/s/124my0jx6kq3i44/NavUtilities continued dll's.zip?dl=0 Ser has been PM'd

Yep I tried using the most current nav utilities in my 1.4 and indeed it does not work. Will try this workaround, but it would be excellent if the creator officialized this! 

:shrugs: i pm'd him. I mean i could fork the whole project on github and redistribute it but i dont want to do that. I dont want the hassle of maintaining the project i just want it to work like you guys do. Someone else can maintain it.

Edited by Redneck

1 minute ago, Daniel Prates said:

This is great @Ser

That old gimmick to include the runways of "kerbin side",  mentioned a few pages before.... will that still work? I mean,  assuming newer versions of kerbin side keep the runways om the same place?

They should be just fine. Anyway, I advice you to keep Module Manager up to date.

1 hour ago, JayPee said:

@Ser NavUtilities continued is marked in CKAN as 1.4.1 compatible, not 1.4.2.  metadata oopsie?

That's because I let Spacedock handle CKAN metadata on upload and it hasn't an option for KSP 1.4.2 yet for some reason. Since there's no much difference between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, everything should work well in both versions.

• 1 month later...

My suggestion for the new DefaultRunways.cfg including the new Desert Runway

Spoiler

//KSC runway heading 090 (the main runway)
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = KSC 09
    shortID = SC09
    hdg = 90.4
    identOfOpposite = KSC 27
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 70
    gsLatitude = -0.04877658
    gsLongitude = 285.29973537
    locLatitude = -0.05005861
    locLongitude = 285.4824816

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = 325
}

//KSC runway heading 270 (the main runway)
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = KSC 27
    shortID = SC27
    hdg = 270.4
    identOfOpposite = KSC 09
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 70
    gsLatitude = -0.05005861
    gsLongitude = 285.4824816
    locLatitude = -0.04877658
    locLongitude = 285.29973537

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = 200
}

//Island runway heading 090
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Island 27
    shortID = IS27
    hdg = 269.2451 
    identOfOpposite = Island 09
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 134
    gsLatitude = -1.516002
    gsLongitude = 288.1434
    locLatitude = -1.517254
    locLongitude = 288.0485

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

//Island runway heading 270 
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Island 09
    shortID = IS09
    hdg = 89.2426
    identOfOpposite = Island 27
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 134
    gsLatitude =  -1.517254
    gsLongitude = 288.0485
    locLatitude = -1.516002
    locLongitude = 288.1434

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

//Dessert runway heading 360
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Dessert 36
    shortID = DS36
    hdg = 360
    identOfOpposite = Dessert 18
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 821.2
    gsLatitude = -6.60160971
    gsLongitude = -144.040497
    locLatitude = -6.50611687
    locLongitude = -144.040497

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2200
    innerMarkerDist = 225
}

//Dessert runway heading 180
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Dessert 18
    shortID = DS18
    hdg = 180
    identOfOpposite = Dessert 36
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 821.3
    gsLatitude = -6.44633961
    gsLongitude = -144.038071
    locLatitude = -6.54183245
    locLongitude = -144.038071

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2200
    innerMarkerDist = 200
}

What do you think?

Edited by Kurbalizer
Others Arguments

@Kurbalizer It's "deSSert". Don't forget what game you are playing :D

Also the Dessert Runway IMO should be put into a separate config file that is only used when MH is installed

Edited by m4ti140

On 5/3/2018 at 2:31 AM, Kurbalizer said:

My suggestion for the new DefaultRunways.cfg including the new Desert Runway

Reveal hidden contents

//KSC runway heading 090 (the main runway)
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = KSC 09
    shortID = SC09
    hdg = 90.4
    identOfOpposite = KSC 27
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 70
    gsLatitude = -0.04877658
    gsLongitude = 285.29973537
    locLatitude = -0.05005861
    locLongitude = 285.4824816

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = 325
}

//KSC runway heading 270 (the main runway)
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = KSC 27
    shortID = SC27
    hdg = 270.4
    identOfOpposite = KSC 09
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 70
    gsLatitude = -0.05005861
    gsLongitude = 285.4824816
    locLatitude = -0.04877658
    locLongitude = 285.29973537

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = 200
}

//Island runway heading 090
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Island 27
    shortID = IS27
    hdg = 269.2451 
    identOfOpposite = Island 09
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 134
    gsLatitude = -1.516002
    gsLongitude = 288.1434
    locLatitude = -1.517254
    locLongitude = 288.0485

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

//Island runway heading 270 
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Island 09
    shortID = IS09
    hdg = 89.2426
    identOfOpposite = Island 27
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 134
    gsLatitude =  -1.517254
    gsLongitude = 288.0485
    locLatitude = -1.516002
    locLongitude = 288.1434

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2000
    innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

//Desert runway heading 00
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Desert 00
    shortID = DS00
    hdg = 0
    identOfOpposite = Desert 18
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 821.2
    gsLatitude = -6.60160971
    gsLongitude = -144.040497
    locLatitude = -6.50611687
    locLongitude = -144.040497

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2200
    innerMarkerDist = 225
}

//Desert runway heading 180
NavUtilRunway
{
    ident = Desert 18
    shortID = DS18
    hdg = 180
    identOfOpposite = Desert 00
    body = Kerbin
    altMSL = 821.3
    gsLatitude = -6.44633961
    gsLongitude = -144.038071
    locLatitude = -6.54183245
    locLongitude = -144.038071

outerMarkerDist = 10000
    middleMarkerDist = 2200
    innerMarkerDist = 200
}

What do you think?

Good. But

1. @m4ti140 is right, it should be added only if MakingHistory is present, and we gonna wait for the new Module Manager release to be able to determine that.

2. There are no "00" runways. The "36" is used for straight north direction instead.

3. You could post just the desert runway config because all others don't change.

I'll test and include your config in the official release with the said changes after a while.

@SerGo ahead, change what's needed. As I posted - just a suggestion.
And "Oops", thought I read somewhere the Dessert Launch Site and Runway were for everybody. :blush:

Edit: And of course you are right. I only appended the last two entries. The others I only  copied and pasted. Never intended to take any credit.

Edited by Kurbalizer
Clarification

Hey @Ser, I don't want to be rude, but any chance you make a config specially made for RSS and RO? I don't mind changing 'kerbin' to 'earth', but I think that if you, the guy working on it could check out everything is on the same page once in a while it could be reassuring.

Anyway, thanks for the support!!

15 hours ago, kostor said:

Hey @Ser, I don't want to be rude, but any chance you make a config specially made for RSS and RO? I don't mind changing 'kerbin' to 'earth', but I think that if you, the guy working on it could check out everything is on the same page once in a while it could be reassuring.

You see, I don't play RSS or RO and it's a bit of a headache to maintain something you don't actually use. So, why don't you want to be that hero? The mod has a tool for that, all you need is just use it and may be edit some names in the resulting config then. If you run into any troubles, feel free to ask.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:39 AM, Ser said:

You see, I don't play RSS or RO and it's a bit of a headache to maintain something you don't actually use. So, why don't you want to be that hero? The mod has a tool for that, all you need is just use it and may be edit some names in the resulting config then. If you run into any troubles, feel free to ask.

Great, because I did try to be the hero. Seems I'm not much suited for it. I tried to change the name 'Kerbin' to Earth, and I got these:

https://imgur.com/a/c12Ki0Z

Basically you can see the HUD for NavUt, but can't see it in raster prop monitor and it won't change. Like a static image. Also, can't see the icon on the left.

Last time I tried to load KSP, I was showed this message in the log:

Spoiler

[LOG 23:18:29.954] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'NavUtilities continued/Props/prop/analogHSI'
[EXC 23:18:29.977] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.ImageConversion' from assembly 'NavUtilLib'.
    NavUtilLib.NavUtilGraphics.loadMaterial (System.String fileName, UnityEngine.Material mat, Int32 width, Int32 height)
    NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Materials.loadMaterials ()
    NavUtilLib.Analog.AnalogHSI.OnAwake ()
    InternalModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    InternalProp.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    InternalProp.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.LoadInternalProp (.UrlConfig urlConf)
    PartLoader+<CompileInternalProps>c__Iterator67.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 23:25:01.726] KSP-AVC -> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 23:27:13.830] [DeadlyReentry.DRToolBar] OnDestroy() called - destroying button

It won't load anything after analogHSI. It is weird since I got KSP to work last week, didn't update anything else since then.

any ideas?

Edited by kostor
trying to get the imgur album thingy to work

On 5/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, kostor said:

Last time I tried to load KSP, I was showed this message in the log:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 23:18:29.954] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'NavUtilities continued/Props/prop/analogHSI'
[EXC 23:18:29.977] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.ImageConversion' from assembly 'NavUtilLib'.
    NavUtilLib.NavUtilGraphics.loadMaterial (System.String fileName, UnityEngine.Material mat, Int32 width, Int32 height)
    NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Materials.loadMaterials ()
    NavUtilLib.Analog.AnalogHSI.OnAwake ()
    InternalModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    InternalProp.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    InternalProp.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.LoadInternalProp (.UrlConfig urlConf)
    PartLoader+<CompileInternalProps>c__Iterator67.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 23:25:01.726] KSP-AVC -> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 23:27:13.830] [DeadlyReentry.DRToolBar] OnDestroy() called - destroying button

It won't load anything after analogHSI. It is weird since I got KSP to work last week, didn't update anything else since then.

any ideas?

Sorry, I was on vacation and couldn't respond.

Seems like you use some mod that adds AnalogHSI prop to the Mk1 pod and it breaks everything. Could you identify that mod? It should contain a cfg file with "analogHSI" word in it.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ser said:

Sorry, I was on vacation and couldn't respond.

Seems like you use some mod that adds AnalogHSI prop to the Mk1 pod and it breaks everything. Could you identify that mod? It should contain a cfg file with "analogHSI" word in it.

was solved. it was, most likely, the analog control continued mod you have in your signature.

3 hours ago, kostor said:

was solved. it was, most likely, the analog control continued mod you have in your signature.

It just can't be so. Analog Control doesn't add AnalogHSI or interact in any other way with NavUtilities. Are you really sure?

On 5/25/2018 at 8:45 PM, Ser said:

It just can't be so. Analog Control doesn't add AnalogHSI or interact in any other way with NavUtilities. Are you really sure?

well, it seems it just stuck the loading phase. I thought it had to do with NavUt, but it seems it didn't. I guess this isn't the thread to discuss it if that's the situation.

Anyhow, next weekend I'll update about my progress to get NavUt to work again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.