Solar panels not solaring!

I hope someone can help me sort this out. I am running a stockish V1.3 and the only mods are helpers such as kerb-eng, mech jeb etc and visual enhancements. I wanted to upgrade the appearance of the game and it was working fine until I did that. I followed the recommended list of visual upgrades that one of the dev's had on his page. Of course drawing blank on who that was lol.

After installing stock visual enhancements with low resolution textures, Distant Object 1.9, Planet Shine, module manager 2.8dll, EVE 1.2.2.1. and scatterer 0.0300.  The first issue was the Planetshine is not compatible with V1.3. That was the only warning or error message. When playing the mods all seem to work fine. There is a noticeable visual improvement of course. The problem shows up in the behaviors of any solar panels.  They will deploy and track but will never show any charging at all. All solar panels now have this behavior. So to play the game I have to enable unlimited electricity.

What I am hoping is that someone knows which part of the mods might be the root cause of this. I would still like to use as much of that list as I can so I haven't just deleted the mod files to "fix". I had noticed a error in the debug when I was enabling the electricity. I think it was talking about an unregistered object.

Planet Shine. Planet Shine only shines light on to your space craft so you will not notice any difference in playing.

that is all planet shine does(I think). So if it is uncompatible, DO NOT play with it. wait for it to be updated.:wink: 

Edited by Shadow Wolf56

I think/thought (subject to correction lol) that planet shine just simulated the ambient light bounced off of planet surfaces? Basically resulting in the dark sides not being quite as dark anymore.

One of those broke the connection between functional and oriented/exposed photovoltaic panels and their ability to produce any power. Other than the visual stuff I have zero mods running and it broke after installing that list of visual enhancements. I guess if no one else has seen this I will have to un-install one mod at a time and see if it comes back. My suspicion is that it is the updated mod manager dll. I was hoping someone would be able to just say which one to adjust with a hammer so I could avoid that ;-)

Wragie - from my 1.3 install Planetshine is/was completely incompatible - to the extent that it would freeze the game at the load screen.  I actually removed it completely, and would suggest you do the same.  As far as the solar panel issue, I wish I could help.  I've not experienced that problem before, but I suspect you are on the right track (in that it is a mod causing the problems).  As I suggested, try uninstalling Planetshine and see if that helps.  I know PS should have no effect on the solar panels, but perhaps your problem is a residual from PS being installed.  After that you can either try adding mods one at a time to a vanilla install, or subtracting them one at a time from your current install until you find the culprit.  That would be my suggestion anyhow...

ZD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.