High water mark!

dutchy45

I just had to tell someone!

For 2 hours I've just been sitting back and smiling! I've got a station worthy of that name, instead of 2 rockets connected end to end and calling it a station. I now have 4 different pieces all docked together in orbit of Minmus. I can't stop looking at that beauty. My space program's previous best was a flyby of Moho and an abandoned Kerbal swimming in Laythe's ocean. It's brimming with fuel and monopropellant due to over engineering, but that's perfect for my lander, so it can make multiple trips to the surface for science. I still need to bring up other pieces to fulfill the contract, not to mention 15 more Kerbals. That is doable since there are plenty of docking ports available. I've been enjoying contemplating everything I can do with it. Options that are completely new to me, it's great!

Happy flying everyone,

Dutchy45

1 hour ago, dutchy45 said:

not to mention 15 more Kerbals

If a contract asks for a number of Kerbals on a station it usually only asks for the space to house them. They do not actually have to be there, only the seats count.
If a contract requires a Kerbal to actually be present then it will specify the type; pilot, scientist or engineer.

Edited by Tex_NL

Hey, thanks for your reply.

The contractparameters says: Have a facility supporting at least 20 Kerbals.

I've noticed in the past a contract asked for the space but that was worded differently IIRC. In this case I think it means have 20 Kerbals there? (I have 5 allready) I need 3 engineers.

Edited by dutchy45

On 7/7/2017 at 6:53 PM, dutchy45 said:

The contractparameters says: Have a facility supporting at least 20 Kerbals

Nah. Whenever a contract says that I just make sure I have enough space for 20 Kerbals, and then the contract just completes itself, regardless whether or not the Kerbals are actually manning the station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.