[1.3] Separator Destroyer v1.0.0.1 (09-July-2017)

Xyphos

Have you ever used stack separators but wished they wouldn't contribute to Kessler Syndrome? Separator Destroyer solves that problem.

Download via SpaceDock or CKAN 
(NOTE: CKAN might not have updated to v1.0.0.1 --- download from SpaceDock is recommended instead)
Source Code on GitHub

Change Log:

v1.0.0.1 - Added Feautre: separators are now destroyed on a per-part basis via GUI menu. Disabled by default.
v1.0.0.0 - Initial release, all separators were destroyed when decoupled, no exceptions.

Edited by Xyphos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Xyphos said:

Sure, but I didn't know people liked this mod

I am unsure about "people" liking it, :cool: but per CKAN, its been Downloaded 1394 times. Its suits its purpose well.  I *hate* having remnants of the decouplers screwing up my clean stages if I plan to re-use them.  My stages look nicer without those ugly remnants attached to them. Plus separator rings can be so annoying cluttering up my ship list and generally being debris in the area, adding to the CPU load for objects in orbit.  Its nice to have them destroy themselves so I dont have to hunt them down and manually do it, or else wait for a long time for them to finally deorbit.

But the best part is just how useful seperators are if I am going to reuse a stage, especially tanks.  

This is a typical re-use-in-orbit stack of mine: Rocket-engine=>sep||dockingadapter:tank:dockingadapte||sep=>payload-stage-or-whatever.

Instant tank farm component for my refuel station.  I already paid to lift these up the gravity well to space, why not take advantage of it?  Low Kerbin Orbit, or fling them to Minmus, or a station at Duna.  Bonus is that if I want to, I can take the engine back to the planet on a later mission for re-use since I'm playing with Scrapyard mod.   I used something like this to build my very first Jool main base to mine the moons. Eve station too.  I once had a whole train of empties flying to where I had a tug catch them and dock them into a station frame.  Handy to have a gas station any place I need one relatively cheaply.

Edited by Murdabenne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.