Apollo 15/16 Replica with Lunar Rover

Download

IvSeOV1.png

Album

A fairly detailed replica of an Apollo 15/16 mission with Lunar Rover and many small authentic touches. 265 parts

You can see me flying the mission until impacting the moon on my Twitch stream, another video is coming where I don't crash

Control lander from RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit when landing/taking off

Action Group 1 turns the red/orange lights on in the skirt to simulate stage II engine start (stole that)

Action Group 2 extends Command Module dishes

Action group 3 extends Lunar Module dish (retract for docking)

Features

For realistic seperation sequence: When going to S-II, stage the S-I seperation, turn on the lights with action group 1 while simultaneously staging the outside S-II engines at low thrust, stage the skirt, engage high thrust and center engine once the skirt has cleared.

There is a fuel cell hidden underneath the heat shield for Bus B undervolt Role Play :wink:

There is a fuel cell and docking port on the Lander base to dock and recharge the rover.

The ladders on the Lunar Module are for decorative purposes mainly :) go up one into capsule and transfer internally to other capsule

It should be good for Minmus as well, the third stage tank is not full.

Edited by selfish_meme

Impressive! The LM is probably one of the nicest ones I've seen in a while.

As a question - Why not use the 1.25 to 2.5m adapter from the fuel tanks section for the bottom engine fairing? I've tried that, and the lineis fairly straight. Also, a cleaner texture (IMO)

7 hours ago, qzgy said:

Impressive! The LM is probably one of the nicest ones I've seen in a while.

As a question - Why not use the 1.25 to 2.5m adapter from the fuel tanks section for the bottom engine fairing? I've tried that, and the lineis fairly straight. Also, a cleaner texture (IMO)

Not sure, Played with a few parts, but I can't remember why I chose those, that came pretty early on, I've spent the most time on the skirts and upper stages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.