[1.12.x] PatchManager

1 hour ago, Blackline said:

I just uninstalled them, but get this package

and look for it yourself, you can only see 3 or 4 patches at one time, because the window is pretty small. My proposal would be to group all patches comming from one mod, and make it expandable or such. Or just show the titles of each patch, not the whole description. Show the description as a tooltip, or if its clicked on.

I hear you.  I'll see what I can do, thanks for the suggestion

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 0.0.5:

• Updated description in settings window
  • Doubled height of window
  • Made window wider
  • Added settings page to be able to disable mod, this will remove button from screen
  • Added column for mods, which when clicked on will show all patches for that mod

I'll be updating the OP with new pics soon

@Blackline, this should resolve your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's no mods that provide patch management information, is it normal for nothing to come up on the screen when the icon for Patch Manager is clicked?  Not even an empty window?  Here's the logs for that.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170829b-PatchManager-no-window.7z

So I installed the Community Database of Module Manager Patches so Patch Manager would have something to control.  The icon now opens the window.  I went into the Settings on the window and tried to adjust the settings but they didn't respond.  And I couldn't exit out of Settings or use the icon to remove the window.  Logs for that run.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170829c-PatchManager-window-locks-up.7z

Amazing mod. You make my life so much easier once again. Thank you!

I'm currently experimenting with default-enabled patches and it seems that I need to put the MMconfig in both folders (ActiveMMPatches and PluginData) like:

|--GameData
  |--MyMod
    |--PatchManager
      |--ActiveMMPatches
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg
      |--PluginData
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg
      |--MyPatchManagerConfig.cfg

If I put the patch in ActiveMMPatches folder only, start the game and deactivate the patch, I can not re-enable it after another game-restart. To me it seems like the patch is beeing deleted instead of moved/copied. After I disable it, the MyMMPatch.cfg is not located in PluginData as it should be (not in GameData/MyMod/... nor in GameData/PatchManager/...). The PatchManager config is pointing to " MyMod/PatchManager/PluginData/MyMMPatch.cfg " as described in the OP.

One little detail: The OP is missing the " modName = NameOfMyMod " config-node.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I'm currently experimenting with default-enabled patches and it seems that I need to put the MMconfig in both folders (ActiveMMPatches and PluginData) like:

|--GameData
  |--MyMod
    |--PatchManager
      |--ActiveMMPatches
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg
      |--PluginData
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg

If I put the patch in ActiveMMPatches folder only, start the game and deactivate the patch, I can not re-enable it after another game-restart. To me it seems like the patch is beeing deleted instead of moved/copied. After I disable it, the MyMMPatch.cfg is not located in PluginData as it should be (not in GameData/MyMod/... nor in GameData/PatchManager/...). The PatchManager config is pointing to " MyMod/PatchManager/PluginData/MyMMPatch.cfg " as described in the OP.

I've opened a github issue, will look at this tonite.

Can you send me the PatchManager files (or add them to the issue on Github here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PatchManager/issues/2) so I can test it?

Re. the OP, I'll get that updated as well

Thanks

On 9/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

|--GameData
  |--MyMod
    |--PatchManager
      |--ActiveMMPatches
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg
      |--PluginData
      | |--MyMMPatch.cfg

You are missing an option:

installedWithMod = true

This is needed to tell PatchManager that this patch is active when the mod is installed.  Remove it from the PluginData, leave the patch in the ActiveMMPatches directory, and put this line into the patch description.

I just updated the OP with this.  This was a late addition, sorry I didn't get the OP updated.

Is there an example for the "exclusions" node? I've searched through all examples mentioned in the OP but could not find any and I couldn't get this to work by myself.
Currently I have 3 different patches "CDT4SetupPatch.cfg", "CDT7SetupPatch.cfg" and "CDT12SetupPatch.cfg" but only one should be applied at a time. Here are the 3 Patches:

Spoiler

PatchManager
{
	modName = InterstellarFuelSwitch
	patchName = CDT4Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT4SetupConfig.cfg
	shortDescr = CDT: 4 Fuel Setups
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx and HydroOxi.
	exclusions = CDT7Setups,CDT12Setups
	installedWithMod = false
	author = Eleusis La Arwall 
}

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT7Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT7SetupConfig.cfg
	shortDescr = CDT: 7 Fuel Setups
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx, HydroOxi, Liquid Fuel, Liquid Methane and Liquid Hydrogen.
	exclusions = CDT4Setups,CDT12Setups
	installedWithMod = true
}

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT12Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT12SetupConfig.cfg
	shortDescr = CDT: 12 Fuel Setups
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx, HydroOxi, Liquid Fuel, Liquid Methane, Liquid Hydrogen, Liquid Helium, Liquid Neon, Liquid Argon, Liquid Krypton, Liquid Xenon.
	exclusions = CDT4Setups,CDT7Setups
	installedWithMod = false
}

In the GUI I can activate all 3 patches at the same time. I've also tried to include the modname like

exclusions = InterstellarFuelSwitchCDT4Setups,InterstellarFuelSwitchCDT7Setups

or

exclusions = InterstellarFuelSwitch_CDT4Setups,InterstellarFuelSwitch_CDT7Setups

but always the same result.

8 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Is there an example for the "exclusions" node? I've searched through all examples mentioned in the OP but could not find any and I couldn't get this to work by myself.
Currently I have 3 different patches "CDT4SetupPatch.cfg", "CDT7SetupPatch.cfg" and "CDT12SetupPatch.cfg" but only one should be applied at a time. Here are the 3 Patches:

Reveal hidden contents

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT4Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT4SetupConfig.cfg
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx and HydroOxi.
	installedWithMod = false
}

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT7Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT7SetupConfig.cfg
	shortDescr = CDT: 7 Fuel Setups
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx, HydroOxi, Liquid Fuel, Liquid Methane and Liquid Hydrogen.
	exclusions = CDT4Setups,CDT12Setups
	installedWithMod = true
}

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT12Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT12SetupConfig.cfg
	shortDescr = CDT: 12 Fuel Setups
	longDescr = Cryogenic Dual Tanks can store LFO, MethaLOx, HydroLOx, HydroOxi, Liquid Fuel, Liquid Methane, Liquid Hydrogen, Liquid Helium, Liquid Neon, Liquid Argon, Liquid Krypton, Liquid Xenon.
	exclusions = CDT4Setups,CDT7Setups
	installedWithMod = false
}

In the GUI I can activate all 3 patches at the same time. I've also tried to include the modname like

exclusions = InterstellarFuelSwitchCDT4Setups,InterstellarFuelSwitchCDT7Setups

or

exclusions = InterstellarFuelSwitch_CDT4Setups,InterstellarFuelSwitch_CDT7Setups

but always the same result.

Ok, there were two problems, one mine and one yours.

The names of the files MUST MATCH THE NAME OF THE PATCH.  I've updated the documentation to reflect that.  The other problem had to do with multiple exclusive patches, fixed in the new release:

New release, 0.0.6:

• Fixed problem when there were multiple exclusions in a single mod
  • Updated documentation regarding filename of patch
On 8/30/2017 at 1:41 AM, Jacke said:

If there's no mods that provide patch management information, is it normal for nothing to come up on the screen when the icon for Patch Manager is clicked?  Not even an empty window?  Here's the logs for that.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170829b-PatchManager-no-window.7z

So I installed the Community Database of Module Manager Patches so Patch Manager would have something to control.  The icon now opens the window.  I went into the Settings on the window and tried to adjust the settings but they didn't respond.  And I couldn't exit out of Settings or use the icon to remove the window.  Logs for that run.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170829c-PatchManager-window-locks-up.7z

Try this again, please, let me know if it's ok.

Yes, it works! The filename of the MM-config, the filename of the PM-config and the patchName-node must match exactly. At first I renamed just the PM configs but that alone didn't do the trick.

Here is my working config:

Spoiler

Hierarchy:

|--GameData
  |--MyMod
    |--PatchManager
      |--PluginData
      | |--CDT4Setups.cfg		// ModuleManager config
      |--CDT4Setups.cfg			// PatchManager config

CDT4Setups content:

PatchManager
{
	patchName = CDT4Setups
	srcPath = InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/PluginData/CDT4Setups.cfg
	installedWithMod = false
}

Again, thank you very much for the support!

On 8/29/2017 at 11:41 PM, Jacke said:

If there's no mods that provide patch management information, is it normal for nothing to come up on the screen when the icon for Patch Manager is clicked?  Not even an empty window?  ....

So I installed the Community Database of Module Manager Patches so Patch Manager would have something to control.  The icon now opens the window.  I went into the Settings on the window and tried to adjust the settings but they didn't respond.  And I couldn't exit out of Settings or use the icon to remove the window.  ....

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.0.6:

• Fixed problem when there were multiple exclusions in a single mod
  • Updated documentation regarding filename of patch

Try this again, please, let me know if it's ok.

Tested 0.0.6.

Without a mod for Patch Manager to work on, on install the App Launch button still shows up and doesn't do anything on being clicked.

Added in Community Database of Module Manager Patches.  Button now brings up window with patches.

Settings window now works correctly, thanks!

Changed settings to hide icon when no patch mods present.  Confirmed alwaysShow was false in PatchManager.cfg.

Tested to confirm when PatchManager enabled, icon still shows on App Launcher without any mods using PatchManager despite settings of "Always show toolbar button" to off / alwayShow as False in PatchManager.cfg.  Check over several runs alternating having and removing CDMMP.  Logs from last run without CDMPP here.

Another test with alwayShow as True in PatchManager.cfg without CDMMP has the icon hided.  Looks like the flag is being used in reverse sense of its title in the Settings window / name of the flag.

19 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Tested 0.0.6.

Without a mod for Patch Manager to work on, on install the App Launch button still shows up and doesn't do anything on being clicked.

Added in Community Database of Module Manager Patches.  Button now brings up window with patches.

Settings window now works correctly, thanks!

Changed settings to hide icon when no patch mods present.  Confirmed alwaysShow was false in PatchManager.cfg.

Tested to confirm when PatchManager enabled, icon still shows on App Launcher without any mods using PatchManager despite settings of "Always show toolbar button" to off / alwayShow as False in PatchManager.cfg.  Check over several runs alternating having and removing CDMMP.  Logs from last run without CDMPP here.

Another test with alwayShow as True in PatchManager.cfg without CDMMP has the icon hided.  Looks like the flag is being used in reverse sense of its title in the Settings window / name of the flag.

I'll take a look, thanks.  

As mentioned above, FreeThinker and I currently encounter a problem. It's a bit weird because this setups was working at a certain point.

Whenever I deactivate a patch in the GUI and apply it, nothing happens but this shows up in KSP.log:

[EXC 16:20:20.560] FileNotFoundException: /home/myuser/games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg does not exist
	System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName)
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.ApplyAllChanges ()
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.drawPatchWindow (Int32 windowid)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

The file in question is not called InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg but IntegratedDecoupler.cfg.

My first guess was to rename all files and srcpath to InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg but then I get a similar error stating that InterstellarFuelSwitch_InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg does not exisit.

So now I guess PatchManager is looking for the wrong file.

Config files are available in the latest release of IFS or on GitHub.

11 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

As mentioned above, FreeThinker and I currently encounter a problem. It's a bit weird because this setups was working at a certain point.

Whenever I deactivate a patch in the GUI and apply it, nothing happens but this shows up in KSP.log:

[EXC 16:20:20.560] FileNotFoundException: /home/myuser/games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg does not exist
	System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName)
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.ApplyAllChanges ()
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.drawPatchWindow (Int32 windowid)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

The file in question is not called InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg but IntegratedDecoupler.cfg.

My first guess was to rename all files and srcpath to InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg but then I get a similar error stating that InterstellarFuelSwitch_InterstellarFuelSwitch_IntegratedDecoupler.cfg does not exisit.

So now I guess PatchManager is looking for the wrong file.

Config files are available in the latest release of IFS or on GitHub.

I'll be looking at this later today

11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Feature request:

Add a KSP restart or shutdown button. I know there was a mod which did had a Quick Stutdown functionality, integrating this ability would be very usefull after applying the patch manager

Maybe it would be possible to trigger a database reload programmatically:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.