[1.12.x] PatchManager

• 4 weeks later...

Is Patcgmanager registered on CKAN yet? I would like to add it to recommended mods

On 8-10-2017 at 2:33 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.0.11:

• Updated for KSP 1.3.1

Is Patcgmanager registered on CKAN yet? I would like to add it to recommended mods

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes, I put all my mods on CKAN.  it's been there from the beginning.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am trying to use this for my mod but even though I have everything set up as it is in the demo it doesn't work.  The patches show up in the patchmanager folder but even that doesn't quite work as changing the patches in game doesn't do anything.  Also even though the patches are in the folder they don't take effect in game.  Also in the patchmanager folder there are two copies with one having a _ before it's name.  Code wise they are identical.

Link to the patchmanager version of the mod on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BHsjTmLGcBtc6zvwjsntshRlKG5utoRC/view?usp=sharing  It is just 

• 1 month later...

Hi. I installed Patch Manager 0.0.12 a couple of days ago when the game prompted me there was an update, and since then I've been receiving an error message for InterstellarFuelSwitch:

SWH7hKY.png

The game also still says that there's a 'new version' of Patch Manager available; this despite attempting a reinstall twice. I can still play the game still seems to be working okay, but I figured I should report this anyway. IFS is the only mod that I have installed that requires Patch Manager.

Edited by capi3101

• 1 month later...

I am trying to include some optional configurations in a new mod that I have made and, unfortunately, I got some trouble.

Basically, if a put a config file inside the "ActiveMMPatches" folder to make it enabled by default then it seems that the config itself becomes untoggleable (no action when "Apply All" is clicked). On the other hand, I do not have this problem when I put the patch inside the "PluginData" folder and thus set it disabled by default. This also means that I can disable a patch without any problem once I have activated it through the in-game menu.

Ps. The "srcPath" variable always points to the .../PatchManager/PluginData folder (as specified).

18 minutes ago, 534443 said:

I am trying to include some optional configurations in a new mod that I have made and, unfortunately, I got some trouble.

Basically, if a put a config file inside the "ActiveMMPatches" folder to make it enabled by default then it seems that the config itself becomes untoggleable (no action when "Apply All" is clicked). On the other hand, I do not have this problem when I put the patch inside the "PluginData" folder and thus set it disabled by default. This also means that I can disable a patch without any problem once I have activated it through the in-game menu.

Ps. The "srcPath" variable always points to the .../PatchManager/PluginData folder (as specified).

Send me your files via PM, I'll take a look

New release, 0.0.14

• Added warning message if patch file is missing (when deactivating an existing patch)
  • Fixed location of ActiveMMPatches (was assuming it was in  modname/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches)
  • Added some minor verbage to the log file to help mod authors in debugging

It will probably show up in CKAN in the next few hours, in the meantime, you can download it directly from Github

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@linuxgurugamer I got a message that a new version of patchmanager was avaialble, but it didn't provide any link where to find it. Please include link in the future

First post in the thread. The specific link to the new version on GitHub is here.

Still hoping the IFS folks update their stuff sometime soon; I'm still getting a new version alert from 0.0.11, when I've got 0.0.14 installed and working...

39 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Still hoping the IFS folks update their stuff sometime soon; I'm still getting a new version alert from 0.0.11, when I've got 0.0.14 installed and working...

What "IFS folks"?

48 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@linuxgurugamer I got a message that a new version of patchmanager was avaialble, but it didn't provide any link where to find it. Please include link in the future

Always look in the first post

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What "IFS folks"?

Always look in the first post

yes I know that, but you have a possibility to configure to provide a link when the message appears, If I recall correctly it is part of the AVC configuration file.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

yes I know that, but you have a possibility to configure to provide a link when the message appears, If I recall correctly it is part of the AVC configuration file.

I rarely add those to my .version files, sorry

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I rarely add those to my .version files, sorry

Well personally I think it is realy helpfull if it did because some mod like patch manager are hard to find because any searches often find other stuff not related to this mod. Adding a link is less than 1 minute work but save your used cumulatively more than hours

18 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well personally I think it is realy helpfull if it did because some mod like patch manager are hard to find because any searches often find other stuff not related to this mod. Adding a link is less than 1 minute work but save your used cumulatively more than hours

One minute here, one minute there.  And then when the URL changes, I get bogged down with changes.

I'm supporting over 130 mods.  All my mods are available via CKAN, if nothing else you can use CKAN to download the files and install them manually

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What "IFS folks"?

Uh....I guess that would be you, wouldn't it? You're managing both mods right now, unless I'm mistaken.

It's related to the same issue I reported on this thread back on January 11th; the part where I was getting a Module Manager error has gone away, but the game is still reporting that there's a 'new version' of Patch Manager available - it's been doing this since 0.0.12 through 0.0.13 and now on to 0.0.14. At the time you suggested that there was an extra .version file somewhere; I've looked repeatedly and haven't found one. Doesn't affect my ability to play KSP, so I haven't considered it that big of a deal.

Edited by capi3101

6 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Uh....I guess that would be you, wouldn't it? You're managing both mods right now, unless I'm mistaken.

It's related to the same issue I reported on this thread back on January 11th; the part where I was getting a Module Manager error has gone away, but the game is still reporting that there's a 'new version' of Patch Manager available - it's been doing this since 0.0.12 through 0.0.13 and now on to 0.0.14. At the time you suggested that there was an extra .version file somewhere; I've looked repeatedly and haven't found one. Doesn't affect my ability to play KSP, so I haven't considered it that big of a deal.

If you are referring to Interstellar Fuel switch, no, I am not doing that mod.

I don't remember, did you install it via CKAN or manually?

Try this:

If CKAN, delete the mod with CKAN, then delete the remaining directory by hand
If not CKAN, delete the entire directory.

then start the game, see if it comes up again. If it does, then you have an extra .version file somewhere.  You can find this by looking into the output_log.txt file,and finding lines which look like the following (this is from the current version of PatchManager):

KSP-AVC -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/PatchManager/master/PatchManager.version
	NAME: PatchManager
	URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/PatchManager/master/PatchManager.version
	DOWNLOAD: NULL
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: 0.0.14
	KSP_VERSION: 1.3.1
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: NULL
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL
	CompatibleKspVersion: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

Very specifically, find lines which begin with KSP-AVC ->

One of those will be the culprit.  The line will show you where it is.

If it doesn't happen, then reinstall the mod and try again.

Ah, much thanks. Traced it to a nested GameData folder within the main GameData folder. I'm actually more than slightly embarrassed to have committed such a novice mistake...

Did notice that the lines in my output_log used "MiniAVC" as opposed to "KSP-AVC ->". Is this something I should be concerned about, or is it likely the result of a different mod install? Wound up tracing the issue by searching for the version number 0.0.11 within the file; turns out there were only three instances of it. 

8 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Ah, much thanks. Traced it to a nested GameData folder within the main GameData folder. I'm actually more than slightly embarrassed to have committed such a novice mistake...

Did notice that the lines in my output_log used "MiniAVC" as opposed to "KSP-AVC ->". Is this something I should be concerned about, or is it likely the result of a different mod install? Wound up tracing the issue by searching for the version number 0.0.11 within the file; turns out there were only three instances of it. 

miniavc is the dll included with the individual mods.  It is designed to chekc the version of the mod it is included with.

KSP-AVC is a more powerful, stand alone version.  They both do the same thing, if the full KSP-AVC is installed, then the miniAvc wont run.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.