Challenge Planet Pack Development Thread

Cabbink

Here's Ungas 2.0

flt3RcQ.png

I've decided to give it a bit more of a Cambrian Kerbin look (Assuming that Kerbin has tectonic plates) since that previous one was a bit un-realistic and didn't look as well as this; mostly made via the dent distort tool in paint.net

Edited by NickRoss120

1 hour ago, NickRoss120 said:

Here's Ungas 2.0

flt3RcQ.png

I've decided to give it a bit more of a Cambrian Kerbin look (Assuming that Kerbin has tectonic plates) since that previous one was a bit un-realistic and didn't look as well as this; mostly made via the dent distort tool in paint.net

Looks Better! BTW for everyone, I will add a Bit of a optional expansion for IA-Revived. It Includes a planet and it's star, that, in real life, are ~21,500 Lightyears Away! For Example, Lich(The Pulsar In IA-Revived) is 2,000 Lightyears away. It will be very hard to get to, and will be quite a reward to get to it!

ohTYDbT.png

That Orbit You Can See is LICH. Lich orbits the sun at 23.1 m/s. Tenebris orbits at 2.4 m/s. The Actual Star: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OGLE-2005-BLG-390L

Edited by Cabbink

Ooooh! The "Hoth" planet, nice one :cool:

However, there's a bug in RSS Constellations that if you go too far from the sun, your spaceship will explode randomly into a million pieces and crash your game. I hope this doesn't happen here :(

Update: You can also add SWEEPS-10 or PSR J1719-1438 b, they both have insanely fast orbit periods (10 hrs and 2.1 hrs respectively) and they are quite far from the sun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSR_J1719-1438_b

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWEEPS-10

Edited by NickRoss120

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Is this mod compatable with OPM?

I belive so. I don't change any orbits, and I only add them. I personally have not tested It, so proceed at your own risk. Unless an object takes the me orbit (Which, I highly doubt) there should not be any effects.)

Hey @ProtoJeb21 how is that moon going along? :)

15 hours ago, Cabbink said:

I belive so. I don't change any orbits, and I only add them. I personally have not tested It, so proceed at your own risk. Unless an object takes the me orbit (Which, I highly doubt) there should not be any effects.)

Hey @ProtoJeb21 how is that moon going along? :)

Just re-read the descriptions of each body, and as they are all in inclined orbits, it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I never was able to get to it, but I r ally want to make all THREE of my ideas for moons. That's right, three. Two of them have liquids and are both habitable, in some ways.

Okay! Go nuts. Can't wait to see!

Hey a! For everyone Here, I'm making compatibility with @Gameslinx's planet revamp, before Kerbin. I don't have the link with me, so go hunt it down! Mostly, only the planets I made will change. Ira will be younger, and hotter. I think Hel will be complete lava, and everything will generally look younger. Or, it may just stay the same and always be the same. Idk.

Edited by Cabbink

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Cabbink said:

An Update on Hel, The Terrifing planet skimming it's surface...

Well...

I may have put it inside the sun.

:|

Don't worry, I fixed it. Its at 1/5 of moho's SMA Now. It takes 2.5304083 Kerbal Days To Orbit, or about 15 Earth Hours. It will have an Eve-Like Atmosphere, and, once I re-instal KittopiaTech, have a proper "tail" Because of it's Distance to the star. Surface Temperatures will reach over 1000 K. Better get some sunscreen(Or More Likely, a sun-shade.) After Hel, I will add in one or two more to this challenge pack. Any Suggestions? I Don't Recommend gas Planets. They get Messy t

Yes. Quite, As of now, It's SOI is about 1.3 Km. that means orbits will only be 3,000 m above the surface. I should tweak it.

There is a node for SOIs

Its in properties, and is called: sphereOfInfluence

Sorry because im late, and another one if you already knew this

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.