Challenge Planet Pack Development Thread

Cabbink

So another bug I've been having is the planets in the map view don't line up with what's really on the surface (Hel and Nulleff).

With a bit of Kittopia exporting, it looks a lot better, doesn't it? :wink:

Spoiler

Before:

screenshot5.png?dl=1

screenshot6.png?dl=1

After:

screenshot8.png?dl=1

screenshot7.png?dl=1

1 minute ago, EricL said:

So another bug I've been having is the planets in the map view don't line up with what's really on the surface (Hel and Nulleff).

With a bit of Kittopia exporting, it looks a lot better, doesn't it? :wink:

Hide contents

Before:

screenshot5.png?dl=1

screenshot6.png?dl=1

After:

screenshot8.png?dl=1

screenshot7.png?dl=1

Oh THANK YOU! I was having so Much trouble With exporting. Can you link the maps to a site so i can fix this? :D 

2 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Edit: It seems that removing RimPower(As In Deleting the script lines) Does nothing.

If it isn't the RimPower, then it must be the RimBlend since stars don't use RimBlend and they look good, regardless if there's RimPower or not.

Just now, NickRoss120 said:

If it isn't the RimPower, then it must be the RimBlend since stars don't use RimBlend and they look good, regardless if there's RimPower or not.

Removed Rim Power As Well. Meh, I'll look into it.

Still looks good regardless :)

Congrats on the pre-release

Update: I find this... odd at the least :huh:

csbD6QW.png

I'm not sure how or why this happened, but I suspect a bug with Kopernicus, I'll try re-installing this and Kopernicus to see if that works.

Update 2: I've checked the coding (since it happened, again) and nothing seems out of the ordinary, so I'm calling a bug on Kopernicus' part here. It seems fine when I create a planet though, I'll investigate this. 

Edited by NickRoss120

8 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

I like your creativity, and vision.  Feel free to check out some of my planets... I hope they give you some ideas.:wink:

Intrestingly Ira and Kronkus might clash, since they take the same orbital distance. Nice Mods, and great attention to detail.

Edit: never mind the first part.

Edited by Cabbink

40 minutes ago, NickRoss120 said:

[snip]

I'm not sure how or why this happened, but I suspect a bug with Kopernicus, I'll try re-installing this and Kopernicus to see if that works.

Update 2: I've checked the coding (since it happened, again) and nothing seems out of the ordinary, so I'm calling a bug on Kopernicus' part here. It seems fine when I create a planet though, I'll investigate this. 

I got the same problem when I was developing my planet pack. It's a problem with the normal map.

15 minutes ago, NickRoss120 said:

Huh, I never figured a Normal map could do that, then again, I'm terrible at creating planets with PQS Mods.

Don't tell anyone this, but I just copy the pqs mods and then modify them to make them "mine". shhh. :P

11 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

csbD6QW.png

You are right. Kopernicus bug. It confused me while i was making Hel, as the lighting was the wrong way. :P 

SURPRISE!

Now that I have your attention, i Would like to announce a Contest for this mod.

Currently, I need a Good Color, Height, And Noise Map for a Moon I am working on.

This moon will be similar to Laythe or Kerbin, and will orbit Ira.

Prize:

1. The Maps Get to Go In as the official terrain maps for this moon

2. You Get to make 1 custom description for any of the objects in this mod!(Either That, Or you get one of the other Options Below)

3. A Biome for this moon Named After You or You Get a Cute Little Pebble Moon, Like Pebbles, With a Name you choose.

Good Luck!

@NickRoss120 @EricL @ProtoJeb21

Edited by Cabbink

34 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

SURPRISE!

Now that I have your attention, i Would like to announce a Contest for this mod.

Currently, I need a Good Color, Height, And Noise Map for a Moon I am working on.

Prize:

2. You Get to make 1 custom description for any of the objects in this mod!(Either That, Or you get one of the other Options Below)

3. A Biome for this moon Named After You!

4. You Get a Cute Little Pebble Moon, Like Pebbles, With a Name you choose.

Good Luck!

Huh, Interesting, I'll see what I can do. :wink: 

@Cabbink

NDOefS6.png

Here's what I got for the contest so far: It's a moon called Ungas and it orbits Ira at about 5.1M km (in the game of course, duh). It's a Kerbin-esque moon that has a 678km radius, tidally locked, 75km atmosphere, and has 1.2 gees of gravity.

I've done the hard part by coding this moon out, It's actually easy if you know what you're doing, I wish I would've gotten this down weeks ago. :/

Edited by NickRoss120

1 hour ago, NickRoss120 said:

@Cabbink

[snip]

Here's what I got for the contest so far: It's a moon called Ungas and it orbits Ira at about 5.1M km (in the game of course, duh). It's a Kerbin-esque moon that has a 678km radius, tidally locked, 75km atmosphere, and has 1.2 gees of gravity.

I've done the hard part by coding this moon out, It's actually easy if you know what you're doing, I wish I would've gotten this down weeks ago. :/

Nice moon you got there, @NickRoss120:)

My own moon, Cadium, orbits much farther in (about 95K km) much smaller (200 km radius), and has 0.7 gees of gravity.

screenshot12.png?dl=1

Edited by EricL
SCREENSHOTS!

29 minutes ago, EricL said:

Nice moon you got there, @NickRoss120:)

Thanks bro :D

While it isn't the best texture map quote unquote, it's a start when i'm still learning about PQS mods.

Edit: I think the two moons could work together since your moon is much closer to Ira than mine, plus I only have to change a word or two in the info to make my moon more appealing

Edited by NickRoss120

On 7/18/2017 at 11:27 AM, Cabbink said:

SURPRISE!

Prize:

3. A Biome for this moon Named After You!

4. You Get a Cute Little Pebble Moon, Like Pebbles, With a Name you choose.

Good Luck!

@NickRoss120 @EricL @ProtoJeb21 @MrChumley

I've got a pretty good moon idea. It should be finished by tomorrow or Friday...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.