micha

[1.4.x,1.3.x] Corvus CF - a Size-1 Command Pod for 2 Kerbals (V1.3.4)

On 8/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, Daniel Prates said:

The result was the same as with Corvus: Deadly Reentry has gotten so badass in its latest iteration, that it is nearly impossible to return anything from anywhere. The poor vostok-like capsule was eaten alive  before even reaching 50km, the parachute exploding much earlier.  The stock mk1 capsule survived the rougher patch, but the ablator material was entirely consumed and exploded, whereas the parachute nearly snuffed it too as it came close to 90% or so of it's max temperature. So IMHO there is no tweaking necessary regarding CORVUS, if the same thing happens with a wide array of other parts!

If you were using the stock heat shields, there is a bug (typo) in the DRE config for it.

And I see the same problem in the config for the Corvus heat shield

You need to change the following in the Corvus_DRE.cfg patch:

pyrolysisLossFactor = 600

to

pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000

• Like 1

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you were using the stock heat shields, there is a bug (typo) in the DRE config for it.

You need to change the following in the Corvus_DRE.cfg patch:

pyrolysisLossFactor = 600

to

pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000

Well @micha there you go! 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Well @micha there you go! 

Heh, I actually changed it from 6000 to 600 based on the DRE configs just the other day....  guess that'll be needing reverting then!

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks! See above..

• Like 1

Huh, the Corvus nosecone seems to create a very high amount of drag that flips just about every rocket over.

https://imgur.com/a/uxUohqm

I'm not using FAR or anything like that in this (new) 1.5.1 install. Currently hand-selecting a few mods and this came up.

Edit: I hacked it by removing the drag_cube line in the config, no more flipping. So it's probably something in there.

Edited by Zah
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, Zah said:

Huh, the Corvus nosecone seems to create a very high amount of drag that flips just about every rocket over.

https://imgur.com/a/uxUohqm

I'm not using FAR or anything like that in this (new) 1.5.1 install. Currently hand-selecting a few mods and this came up.

Edit: I hacked it by removing the drag_cube line in the config, no more flipping. So it's probably something in there.

Can confirm