[WIP] [1.3.0-1.3.1] OptionalAtmospheres (OA) (v1.4.9.2) (Abandoned)

SamBelanger

On 7/14/2017 at 1:57 PM, SparkyFox said:

no offense or anything or trying to rain on your parade, but...

moons*/rocky bodies don't have atmosphere.(*titan is a moon with an atmosphere) Atmosphere is that huge gas thing that surround gas giants, stars(?) and atmospheric planets. Atmosphere is the reason why things burn up at certain speeds and the reason drag happens(e.g parachute deployment) and the reason for sound being present.

soo...it wouldn't really be realistic(?)
just a tip or a heads up incase you didn't know

Moons can have atmospheres just as easily as a full - fledged planet; the only real difference is that the moon orbits something else. Similarly, "rocky bodies" refers to any body made of rock, which includes said planets and/or moons. When critiquing realism of a mod for a game in which you can fly giant planes to every corner of the solar system and back, perhaps be a tad more clear, eh?

56 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Moons can have atmospheres just as easily as a full - fledged planet; the only real difference is that the moon orbits something else. Similarly, "rocky bodies" refers to any body made of rock, which includes said planets and/or moons. When critiquing realism of a mod for a game in which you can fly giant planes to every corner of the solar system and back, perhaps be a tad more clear, eh?

Please dont start a war, this question has already been answered! :D 

Check out the responses below the your quote, it should clear thing up. 

9 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Please dont start a war, this question has already been answered! :D 

Check out the responses below the your quote, it should clear thing up. 

I think would not be a good idea to delete all comments :wink:

YAYYYYY 60 comments thank you very much!! :cool:

Two questions, you said in the comments section that your mod adds the extremely thin atmospheres rocky bodies have. 

So how thick are the atmospheres you added? In example, the atmosphere of the Moon would be way thinner than the earth's atmosphere is at ISS-Height, where KSP has no atmosphere cause it stops at way higher pressures.

And if they are just somewhat close to it (close like 10000 times or more thicker than they would be), they still wouldnt change something cause they are just really close to the ground and when you are there you are landing, so how did you manage this?

Thank you

(I'm playing RSS and if there will be a RSS-OA version i would take a look at it)

55 minutes ago, AlliedForth said:

Two questions, you said in the comments section that your mod adds the extremely thin atmospheres rocky bodies have. 

So how thick are the atmospheres you added? In example, the atmosphere of the Moon would be way thinner than the earth's atmosphere is at ISS-Height, where KSP has no atmosphere cause it stops at way higher pressures.

And if they are just somewhat close to it (close like 10000 times or more thicker than they would be), they still wouldnt change something cause they are just really close to the ground and when you are there you are landing, so how did you manage this?

Thank you

(I'm playing RSS and if there will be a RSS-OA version i would take a look at it)

I wait for the confirmation of @NathanKell for the MM config API :/

Edited by SamBelanger