[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cloakedwand72 said:

This little landing leg part. Normally you could have it retract or extend In the game.

That part needs the Firespitter Core installed, the dependency is missing in CKAN

I may change that, but for now, installing Firespittercore will make it work

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.3.1.1

• On the baseMount part, changed FSanimateGeneric (from Firespitter) to ModuleAnimationExtended (from USTools)

Now I have to download USTools.

I haven't yet, for some reason.

Where can I find it?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.3.1.1

• On the baseMount part, changed FSanimateGeneric (from Firespitter) to ModuleAnimationExtended (from USTools)

Is there a particular reason why? Firespitter is used in a lot more mods than USI Tools, and most people running mods in the USI constellation will also be using Firespitter - but the reverse isn't true.

55 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Is there a particular reason why? Firespitter is used in a lot more mods than USI Tools, and most people running mods in the USI constellation will also be using Firespitter - but the reverse isn't true.

Mainly because it was easier to update the mod than update ckan at the moment.

When I get time, I'll put back the fs version and make them work together

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Cool - no rush, I can always use the prior version, or install USI Tools. I just try to avoid it because I have framework dlls from WBI, your stuff (i.e. Spacetux, TBC, and CB), Toadicus, Magicore, and probably 2-3 others. I only use USI when I have his nuke mod installed. I run anywhere from 40-120 mods depending on the install and whose constellation of mods I choose to center on, so it's a constant battle even with my fairly modern machine to keep the framerate up. The one constant I have is FS - mostly because of Airplane Plus.

I mean, you should absolutely do  you - I just wanted to provide a point of context, not try to shoehorn you into any given approach. As someone using at least 20 of the mods you maintain, I definitely have an appreciation for your prolific work - Thanks!

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That part needs the Firespitter Core installed, the dependency is missing in CKAN

I may change that, but for now, installing Firespittercore will make it work

That’s great to know! Easy enough to download! Now one more thing why can’t you crew the inflatable habitats anymore?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I did some checking,  and it's not used for anything else other than the USI life support.

So I'm going to add a small change:  I'll make the ModuleAnimationExtended (from USITools) only run if it's installed and FS is not, and I'm also adding a stock ModuleAnimateGeneric, which will run if neither are installed

New release, 0.3.1.2

• On the baseMount part, added configs to make the ModuleAnimationExtended (from USITools) only run if it's installed and FS is not, and I'm also adding a stock ModuleAnimateGeneric, which will run if neither are installed.  This will remove the USITools dependency

• 6 months later...

Hey, I apologize for waking up this old ghost. I noticed the Tokamak TI dry workshop has the exact same model and IVA as the AT-DAL starlab from AtomicTech. Were there any assets shared between Tokamak Industries and AtomicTech?

50 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey, I apologize for waking up this old ghost. I noticed the Tokamak TI dry workshop has the exact same model and IVA as the AT-DAL starlab from AtomicTech. Were there any assets shared between Tokamak Industries and AtomicTech?

Probably

• 4 months later...

Definitely not a complaint, just a heads-up.

I just installed this today via CKAN for KSP 1.12.4 and USI Tools came in as a required dependency.  From the above conversations not sure if it was still meant to be a requirement or not so I thought that I'd mention it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.