[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer Never mind, it was my blindness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its assigned to "metaMaterials", but this is very high tech - same techlevel as MKS Tundra/Ranger parts (550 science, Tier 8, 3rd level Rnd).
For comparison, stock Hitchhiker that also has serious habitation bonuses is much lower level (90 science, Tier 5 "Space Exploration", 1st level Rnd) as well as current other inflatable modules (Inflato Habitat and Inflato Workspace) - for multiple kerbals.

May I suggest reassigning the module to "Advanced Space Exploration" Tier 6 instead (160 points, 2nd level RnD) , which is same as MPL and comes after Hitchhiker, since its designed for one kerbal? Or Tier 5, - but that Tier has hitchhiker already.

Otherwise, I see at as not useful investing points when doing career (as career player, this is IMHO). I am using CTT, but I also looked at stock tree.

Basically, I ask for:
./GameData/TokamakIndustries/parts/centrifugeSmall/centrifugeSmall.cfg
-- TechRequired = metaMaterials
++ TechRequired = advExploration

Edit:

I also can't seem to find three classic units in within the default VAB/SPH category tree (I looked four times the categories) after upgrading from 0.13 to current version:
Dry Workshop, Inflato Habitat PA550, Inflato Workshop PA330

According to their configurations, they should be in "Utility", but they are absent from there.
These are researched and unlocked them in my career and I can see them from my own sorting tree, which I created using older 0.13 (Tokamak) release.

Here I opened classic "Utility" category and sorted by Price Descending (the trio is missing, most expensive first):

uLr7sPh.png

Here as I switch to my category, I previously tagged them here so it proves they should be accessible:
0CzVKmn.png

Edit2: I deleted all ModuleManager caches and restarted - the trio is still missing from default VAB/SPH category sort.

Edited by Kerbal101

Also, smallCentrifuge explicitly says it must be inflated to allow 1 kerbal, however it allows to insert one kerbal in VAB/SPH..
Me thinks it should not have any kerbal capacity in uninflated state, as SmallCentrifuge+Mk1 capsule or Mk1 landing can would make perfect combo.

I would imagine: "crewCapacityDeployed = 1" to stay, but "CrewCapacity = 1" to be changed to "CrewCapacity = 0", same as on USI hab-ring :)  So, that player can't pack kerbal into uninflated unit.

About 1->4 kerbal capacity change, my 2 cents:
1) USI has huge Tundra centrifuge with 10 capacity for long-term habitation that is very deep in research tree.
Small ring with 4 capacity may make it undesirable.

2) Also on my current station (all valid career) I seem to have already reached unlimited habitation at least for pilots with relatively basic components:
2x hitchhikers
1x Inflato FLAT command
4x viewing cupolas (2x temporary attached via docking ships)
12x observation cupolas (each hitchhiker easily allows 4 be attached)
I dont think these modules contribute, but: 1x NomOmatic 25000i, 1x MPL. The large round thing is 50k battery block wrapped in fairing (from Procedural Fairings)

60GVHRR.png

11 minutes ago, Vaga said:

Would it be possible to move the heat shields into the Thermal category with the next update if you get a chance.  I can never find them in Aero.

That will be done. When I first contributed I didn't notice that they were in the wrong category. (Heatshields 99% of the time don't have much to do with keep kerbs' plates full :wink: )

1 hour ago, Kerbal101 said:

Also, smallCentrifuge explicitly says it must be inflated to allow 1 kerbal, however it allows to insert one kerbal in VAB/SPH..
Me thinks it should not have any kerbal capacity in uninflated state, as SmallCentrifuge+Mk1 capsule or Mk1 landing can would make perfect combo.

I would imagine: "crewCapacityDeployed = 1" to stay, but "CrewCapacity = 1" to be changed to "CrewCapacity = 0", same as on USI hab-ring :)  So, that player can't pack kerbal into uninflated unit.

About 1->4 kerbal capacity change, my 2 cents:
1) USI has huge Tundra centrifuge with 10 capacity for long-term habitation that is very deep in research tree.
Small ring with 4 capacity may make it undesirable.

The small centrifuge uses a very old dll. It's not using USI Tools like the other inflatables. All that mattered until now was that this dll still works, enabling the animation-- not when crewCapacity is and isn't available. I also figured there might be a seat in the shaft for a waiting crewman to sit in while undeployed. Honestly, maybe crewCapacity should be 2 or higher when inflated, which I believe @linuxgurugamer would also agree with.

3 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

Its assigned to "metaMaterials", but this is very high tech - same techlevel as MKS Tundra/Ranger parts (550 science, Tier 8, 3rd level Rnd).
For comparison, stock Hitchhiker that also has serious habitation bonuses is much lower level (90 science, Tier 5 "Space Exploration", 1st level Rnd) as well as current other inflatable modules (Inflato Habitat and Inflato Workspace) - for multiple kerbals.

May I suggest reassigning the module to "Advanced Space Exploration" Tier 6 instead

-snip-

Edit:

I also can't seem to find three classic units in within the default VAB/SPH category tree (I looked four times the categories) after upgrading from 0.13 to current version:

According to their configurations, they should be in "Utility", but they are absent from there.

-snip-
0CzVKmn.png

Edit2: I deleted all ModuleManager caches and restarted - the trio is still missing from default VAB/SPH category sort.

When I PM'd Linux the night before, I mentioned I had installed MKS and I ran into the same problem of the hab parts not showing up. I'm already on that. The problem, I think, lies in the LS patch and MKS being present. With USI LS installed, they're supposed to appear in the special LS category but they don't. I did not have a problem before I installed MKS.

As for the tech tree positions, thanks. I will move the parts accordingly, and I am already looking at raising the hab values to be more appropriate.

@JadeOfMaar Thank you! One small note - I have the current full up-to-date USI package, and the only thing which caused these parts to disappear was - migration from Tokamak 0.1.3 (aka pre-LGG) to 0.1.7 (aka this one).
Same savegame, same everything, only manual upgrade of Tokamak - and trio disappeared.  Thanks again.

38 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That will be done. When I first contributed I didn't notice that they were in the wrong category. (Heatshields 99% of the time don't have much to do with keep kerbs' plates full :wink: )

The small centrifuge uses a very old dll. It's not using USI Tools like the other inflatables. All that mattered until now was that this dll still works, enabling the animation-- not when crewCapacity is and isn't available. I also figured there might be a seat in the shaft for a waiting crewman to sit in while undeployed. Honestly, maybe crewCapacity should be 2 or higher when inflated, which I believe @linuxgurugamer would also agree with.

When I PM'd Linux the night before, I mentioned I had installed MKS and I ran into the same problem of the hab parts not showing up. I'm already on that. The problem, I think, lies in the LS patch and MKS being present. With USI LS installed, they're supposed to appear in the special LS category but they don't. I did not have a problem before I installed MKS.

As for the tech tree positions, thanks. I will move the parts accordingly, and I am already looking at raising the hab values to be more appropriate.

The original small Centrifuge had a capacity of four, with a nicely made IVA to show the seating arrangements.  It didn't rotate through, which isn't as big an issue as you would think as inflatables wouldn't necessarily have windows!

40 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've updated the heatshields for the next release.

I'll update the crewCapacity to 2 for the small centrifuge. 

I'll also take a look at the code to see if I can keep ti from deflating if there are crew in there.

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

The original small Centrifuge had a capacity of four, with a nicely made IVA to show the seating arrangements.  It didn't rotate through, which isn't as big an issue as you would think as inflatables wouldn't necessarily have windows!

oooh, maybe I can grab the IVA from that

4 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

Strange, i see them in Utility, in a sandbox game, and in a career game I see them all in the tech tree.

@linuxgurugamer Fair enough, I understand this as a request to bissect.

The problem does not appear if only Tokamak and ModuleManager are installed.

But the problem appears if I add USI, so: Tokamak + USI + ModuleManager are installed.

USI resides in "UmbraSpaceIndustries", requires these dependencies and includes them as well (NO* additional downloads):
- GroundConstruction
- Firesplitter
- 000_AT_Utils
- 000_USITools
- CommunityCategoryKit
- CommunityResourcePack

To reproduce:
- install Tokamak
- install ModuleManager
- install USI: go to USI catalogue and install all mods (there are not many)

Edit:  the *

Edited by Kerbal101
no additional downloads

8 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

@linuxgurugamer Fair enough, I understand this as a request to bissect.

The problem does not appear if only Tokamak and ModuleManager are installed.

But the problem appears if I add USI, so: Tokamak + USI + ModuleManager are installed.

USI resides in "UmbraSpaceIndustries", requires these dependencies and includes them as well (NO additional downloads):
- GroundConstruction
- Firesplitter
- 000_AT_Utils
- 000_USITools
- CommunityCategoryKit
- CommunityResourcePack

To reproduce:
- install Tokamak
- install ModuleManager
- install USI: go to USI catalogue and install all mods (there are not many)

Ok, so it's a problem with the USI patches.

@JadeOfMaar, can you take a look at this?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'm working on fixes now. What do I do with this, though? Its purpose is not clearly defined and it's in Utilities, though it is a Command part. Should it serve as a tanker for LS resources if used with LS?

kJSGEAB.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm working on fixes now. What do I do with this, though? Its purpose is not clearly defined and it's in Utilities, though it is a Command part. Should it serve as a tanker for LS resources if used with LS?

kJSGEAB.jpg

I think it is a orbital station.  Or a funny looking rover thing.  

Peace.

@theJesuit @JadeOfMaar It has RCS mounts, command pod, crew space (for longer habitation comfort). But the front is confusing - seems its designed so that payload is installed in front of it and crew could enter through that cut opening. Looks like a pre-assembled small space tug.

Edited by Kerbal101

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's a bus. That is, the IVA is set up in two levels horizontally, and while it's fairly versatile, it doesn't look like a place meant to be used for long. A rover or a purely orbital station-to-station transfer vehicle. So it probably should have supplies, but the amount should match the available habitation levels.

I tried tracking down the original NASA concept art that this was inspired by to find out what it was supposed to be, and while I know it exists, I haven't found the source.

According to @Tokamak this part is indeed a crew shuttle and a tanker, to reduce the need for a fair magnitude of launches of lesser food delivery ships. There are a couple of adapter parts that fit onto these mount points but will easily surface attach anywhere and to any other part; then that rim around the shuttle's face closes completely (is a shroud) when something is attached ahead of the body. Tokamak has suggested that when he can he will redo this model and possibly the IVA.

I've written interesting descriptions for the shuttle body, and its adapters, and prefixed a few items with "T.I." to help when searching for these parts.

GHOYJuZ.jpg

This shuttle part with new description. It will also now contain tank volume for all life support. Here it is, literally full of Snacks! :P by @Angel-125

(USI and Kerbalism are tested and finished. TAC pending.)

65rtBOw.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

New release, 0.1.8:

• Moved heat shields to Thermal category
  • Increased crew capacity of small centrifuge to 2
  • Added IVA from old centrifuge to replace broken on from new one
  • Following changes by @JadeOfMaar:
  • -Added life support for Orbital Orb, Munox Shuttle and Small Centrifuge.
  • -Wrote descriptions and adjusted titles for Munox Shuttle and Munox Adapters.
  • -Munox Shuttle will hold approximately 5x the amount of any life support 1.25m tank.
  • -Added T.I. prefix to Dry Workshop and Munox parts to help with search function.
  • -Removed redundant Extraplanetary Launchpad modules from Inflato Workshop.
  • -Moved Small Centrifuge to an appropriate place in Tech Tree (alongside stock Science Lab).
  • -Fixed USI patch:
  • -Parts not showing in part selection.
  • -Raised habitation values. -Thanks in part to forum user @Mihara.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.