[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The low profile base mount is not retractable anymore. I tried installing it both with CKAN and manually (Module Manager and USI tools included), tried reinstalling my game, tried in both 1.4.3 and 1.4.4, even tried on a different computer. Is that happening only to me?

6 hours ago, NotoriousPugs said:

The low profile base mount is not retractable anymore. I tried installing it both with CKAN and manually (Module Manager and USI tools included), tried reinstalling my game, tried in both 1.4.3 and 1.4.4, even tried on a different computer. Is that happening only to me?

Now you mentioned it I have this problem too.  It has a dependency of USI tools as you say. But I don't think I've ever been able to get it to work. When I get home I'll raise it as an issue on Github @linuxgurugamer.

Peace.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Now you mentioned it I have this problem too.  It has a dependency of USI tools as you say. But I don't think I've ever been able to get it to work. When I get home I'll raise it as an issue on Github @linuxgurugamer.

Peace.

Please be specific as to the part, thx

14 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Peace.

The weird thing is that it used to work until, I don't know, two weeks ago? Even the description is gone, all it says is "Piccolo industries" or something. And it seems like it's the only part with any problems. I have no idea what happened, because as far I remember the mod wasn't even updated around the time the bug started? I think it started when I used CKAN to replace USI Life Support with Kerbalism, it's the only thing I can think that I did differently, I'm not sure it's related tho, because I've since tried fresh installs, other PCs etc, without installing Kerbalism.

Edited by NotoriousPugs
Forgot to add something.

3 hours ago, NotoriousPugs said:

The weird thing is that it used to work until, I don't know, two weeks ago? Even the description is gone, all it says is "Piccolo industries" or something. And it seems like it's the only part with any problems. I have no idea what happened, because as far I remember the mod wasn't even updated around the time the bug started? I think it started when I used CKAN to replace USI Life Support with Kerbalism, it's the only thing I can think that I did differently, I'm not sure it's related tho, because I've since tried fresh installs, other PCs etc, without installing Kerbalism.

Have you tried putting usi tools back in by themselves? Kerbalism could be the conflict as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer 

I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~ and shortened the needs name to just Launchpad.

I thought I'd mention it since I ran across it.

Thanks for maintaining so many useful mods!

4 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer 

I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~ and shortened the needs name to just Launchpad.

Mind telling me what you are referring to?  Filename would be helpful 

6 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer 

Ok, I found the problem.

The name changes are important, thanks.  But the NEEDS can stay as is, since the directory/folder the EPL mod is in has not been renamed.

From the MM handbook:

The stuff within the needs section is based on either:

• A plugin .dll with the same assembly name.
  • A subdirectory name under GameData. (Names with spaces can be used, just remove the spaces: GameData/My Mod/ => :NEEDS[MyMod]
  • A FOR[Blah] defined would allow NEEDS[Blah]

New release, 0.1.15.2

• Updated EPL patches to reflect the new names for the workshop and convertor

Thanks to @Critter79606 for pointing out that EPL had the names changed

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Mind telling me what you are referring to?  Filename would be helpful 

Sorry, called it a night after posting that.  It was ELP.cfg

That late at night it didn't dawn on me that you probably inherited the mod and didn't know where it was.

Good thing to know about the Needs.  I didn't know it would do both.

I like the heat shields in this parts pack, but for some reason the intermediate sizes don't attach properly.....i.e. the Modest and Largish sizes (don't know if there is a bigger intermediate size I haven't unlocked it yet) don't attach close to the above and below parts. There is a rather large gap above and below the part. I then have to fix it with the part moving arrows on both ends every time I place them. Don't know if this is an attachment issue you can fix? Is this just happening to me?

Hi @linuxgurugamer thanks for keeping this mod (and ALL the other ones you manage) alive and kicking. You truly are the unsung hero of the KSP Community. :D

I wanted to point out something I saw in the KSP.log file on my fresh 1.4.5 install. You're probably aware of something like this already:

[ERR 01:45:55.143] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/centrifuge1internal/model000' not found!
[ERR 01:45:55.143] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/centrifuge1internal/model001_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:55.219] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/orbitalOrbInternals/bag3_normals_NRM' not found!

Since it says "internals", I'm wondering are these just IVA textures? I'm not sure it's actually causing a problem, but thought I would ask the question.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by scottadges

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer thanks for keeping this mod (and ALL the other ones you manage) alive and kicking. You truly are the unsung hero of the KSP Community. :D

I wanted to point out something I saw in the KSP.log file on my fresh 1.4.5 install. You're probably aware of something like this already:

[ERR 01:45:55.143] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/centrifuge1internal/model000' not found!
[ERR 01:45:55.143] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/centrifuge1internal/model001_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:55.219] Texture 'TokamakIndustries/spaces/orbitalOrbInternals/bag3_normals_NRM' not found!

Since it says "internals", I'm wondering are these just IVA textures? I'm not sure it's actually causing a problem, but thought I would ask the question.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Not an issue

• 3 months later...

@KSPrynk: I do not use USI, so I would not know how to do it right. The CLS patches actually require an update to CLS as I had to fix that too (papa_joe said he would get to my PR soon), and EL is one of my mods, so I know how to tweak those. I'm sure linuxgurugamer would be happy to receive PRs for USI updates from someone who does know how to do it right.

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I want to use this mod but CKAN shows that it is incompatible with SETI-CommunityTechTree. I'm no expert in how mods work together. I haven't seen this conflict in other part mods. Is this an insurmountable conflict?

Thanks for maintaining this mod. I'm getting ready to start a space station building campaign and I've been hoping to incorporate these realistic-tech parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.