[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

It shouldn't, because the problem was the FLATControlNodes.mu wasn't being loaded (only the first "model=" line in a MODEL node has any effect), and there's no mention of SetReferenceTransform anywhere in USITools source. Also, the habitat parts used only USIAnimation.

However, I did just check and no, it does not work with USITools.

Ok. I'm going to wait to see if you get the problem fixed before committing it.

I've pushed those fixes, but I have a couple more things I'd like to do:

1. Fix the reference transform sub-model such that the reference transforms are in the correct positions (shouldn't take long, I already know the correct positions). That, or I might actually insert the transforms into the original model so they're animated correctly.
  2. Disambiguate the docking port commands.

Neither should take terribly long.

New release, 0.1.11:

• Changed Base Mount landing leg's category to Ground
  • Added standardized build scripts
  • Added Jenkins config
  • Following changes from github user @taniwha
    • Add a disambiguator for parts with multiple ports
    • Adjust the control node positions.  They now match the positions of the docking ports when extended such that docking indicator mods display the correct distance to the target port.  They have been moved out 2.72m from the center (the positions of the docking port transforms when the habitat is inflated).
    • Test the correct var for null.
    • Create a module for setting the control reference.
    • This module makes it possible to use any transform of the part to which it is attached as the reference transform ("Control From Here"). If the part has a ModuleCommand module, then the command on the ModuleCommand module is disabled in order to work around a stock bug where ModuleCommand does not ensure the part's reference transform is correct before setting the vessel's reference transform.
    • Fix the loading of the reference transform submodel.
    • Only the first "model =" line in a MODEL node has effect. To load multiple models into a part, multiple MODEL nodes are required. This fixes the problem of "Control from Here" not having the desired effect when used on the docking ports. It does, however, break "Control From Here" for the command module because ModuleCommand does not reset the part's reference transform before setting the vessel's reference transform.
    • Use the correct module for internal flags. Was added for KSP 1.2. If it doesn't work, then there's no such transform in the model (it works for EL's workshop).
    • Rewrite the DeployableHabitat module.  it now works with ModuleAnimationGroup via IAnimatedModule. It keeps track of the number of crew members in the part to determine whether the part should be retractable and correctly updates the PAW for both crew transfer and retract-ability
    • Make geeforce public to fix a warning.
    • Quick and dirty makefile to ease building.  It's not properly setup for Tokamak, but it works well enough for building in Linux.
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

how did you install it, and if installed by hand, did you install the dependencies?

Requires the USI Tools to be installed, as well as ModuleManager

I did not have USI Tools installed.  My mistake.  Is that only needed for the legs?  The other parts seem to work fine without it. 

32 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I did not have USI Tools installed.  My mistake.  Is that only needed for the legs?  The other parts seem to work fine without it. 

I don’t remember right now.

But please make sure you always have the dependencies installed before asking for help.

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 0.1.13:

Thanks to forum user @taniwha for these updates
                Make Centrifuge an animated module.
                Install to the correct directory
                Get crew portraits working on scene load.
                Force-add KIS pod inventories.
                Fix the centrifuge's crew capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.15

• Thanks to user @LeLeon for the localization and german translation
  • Thanks to form user @ taniwha for a couple of config file fixes

Psst! Did you need to update the version number in the topic title? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.