[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

linuxgurugamer

Tokamak isnt around, and gave me his permission to continue this.  Original thread is here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/146633-113-tokamak-industries-refurbished-parts-v012-featuring-porkjets-hab-pack/

logo_wider_banner_by_maekern-dafj44d.png

KIXY8jw.png

Download

Source:https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Tokamak-Refurbished-Parts

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1444/Tokamak Refurbished Parts

License:  CC-BY

Available in CKAN

A couple of weeks ago I found myself saddened by all of the orphaned/abandoned mods that have really cool parts which are no longer usable in recent versions of KSP, and seeing post after post of "Will anyone update this? Please?", and I noticed that a lot of them were under permissive licenses or even in the public domain. I decided to start mucking about with .cfg files, seeing if I could give them new life. I wasn't going to do any modelling or anything, just a bit of config tweaking.

Well... one thing led to another, and I found myself learning Unity and Blender, which I had sworn I wasn't going to tackle. Whoops. XD

After getting a lot of excellent help in this thread from some very helpful and patient folks, I'm making progress. I went from just trying to make a tweak here and there to doing some semi-original designing, mostly just to learn more. I've got a pile of old parts that I plan to "refurbish" and re-release, and I'm feeling more and more like I may be able to actually pull it off. Don't worry, I'm tracking licenses and authors carefully. I've gotten permission to use a few assets not in CC from the original authors, and even when they ARE CC or similar licensed, I've sought permission anyway, to be polite. Anything I release will be thoroughly documented in that respect.

I have a lot of parts on my to-do list, as well as some totally original work, but I figure I may as well release what I have so far. If nothing else, it will be good to hear feedback about bugs, balance issues, and other problems as early as possible. I've already learned so much that the work I did two weeks ago seems very bleh to me now, and I'm sure what I'm doing now will also seem bleh later.

If you have any feedback or criticism, hop on over to the development thread and please share it. 

Once again it is not my intention to EVER take credit for anyone else's work, but I want to take parts that are incomplete, don't interact usefully with mods, or just generally need some effort to download and get working, and make them easily accessible to everyone. Regardless of license, if you see any of your work here that you would rather I not include, please tell me and I will immediately take appropriate action

Notice

@Porkjetgave me permission to merge in his unreleased parts mod, IberiCoHabitation, merged in as of version 0.3.0

CHANGELOG

Spoiler
0.1.4 - Adoption by LinuxGuruGamer
0.1.5 - Life support
    Many thanks to forum user @JadeOfMaar for the following additions:
    - Added Life Support for the following systems:
        Kerbalism
        Snacks
        Tac Life Support
        USI Life Support

0.1.1 - 2016.08.30
--------------------
* Added updated (K)ADEPT heat shields originally by DennyTX
* Added AVC support
* Minor bug fixes

0.1.0 - 2016.08.26
--------------------
Initial release
* Added "refurbished" inflato1, inflato2, and inflatoflat from Porkjet hab pack, with USI-LS/MKS, CLS and ELP support
* Added Dry Workshop with USI-LS/MKS, CLS and ELP support

Immediate todo:
* Spiff up inflatable IVAs
* External lights for dry workshop
* Normal / bump maps?
* Internal windows on inflato flat
* Set up IVA overlay / depth mask
* Dim lighting in inflato modules

ASSET CREDITS

Spoiler
From Porkjet Habitat Pack:
	By Porkjet
	Original forum URL http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/58534-10x-habitat-pack-v041/
	Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
	Also recieved personal permission in PMs on KSP forum 2016-07-29

* Inflato Habitat PA550
		Completely made by Porkjet. Included here not to take credit for but completeness
		Tokamak migrated from obsolete and buggy deployable hab module to USIAnimation, added support for USI-LS, MKS, CLS, ELP
	* Inflato Workshop PA330
		Externals completely made by Porkjet, as well as basic unfinished internal skeleton
		Tokamak finished/fleshed out IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel
	* Inflato F.L.A.T Command Module
		Externals completely made by Porkjet. No IVA
		Tokamak created IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel
	* Base mount
		Entirely by Porkjet. Included for completeness

From Large Structural/Station Components
	Original forum URL ttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/31891-large-structuralstation-components-20-compatible-release-thread/
	Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
	Officially abandoned. Creator stated on mod thread, “I permit those whom wish, to continue with mod; as I won't be returning to progress it myself”
	Interior by Tokamak

* Dry Workshop
		Exterior by udk_lethal_d0se, as well as internal wall texture
		IVA by Tokamak

Supports        
* USI Life Support
* USI Kolonization Systems 
* Connected Living Space
* Extraplanetary Launchpads

Supports Life Support mods

• Kerbalism
  • Snacks
  • Tac Life Support
  • USI Life Support

Requires

* USI Tools
Module Manager

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Awesome! However, at the risk of appearing to be an ungrateful dog, the inflato modules inflate themselves inside the VAB. And after that, they cannot be deflated. Not sure what causes that behavior (I do have a excrementsload of mods, of course).

EDIT: Nevermind, The animation needs USI Tools. It works fine now!

Edited by Kerbart

I can't seem to see many of the parts included with this mod in my VAB. I only see a handful of parts including a spherical command pod and the expandable heat shields. Even with filter extensions showing me parts from this pack only.

Are certain modules locked under the community tech tree? If so, what research are they locked under? I tried to see what parts are unlocked by what tech nodes and still couldn't 't see Tokamak parts

OK, an old part-set that I find useful, but may need some fixing.

CaptainKipard's Universal Docking Ports set released under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. As I recall, they're old enough to need the node-direction fix, and that's about all they need. That link also has info on the sources for a couple of other types of docking port. They would need some tweaks to the .cfg files for language support, and maybe some other details.

I mostly use the 2.5m size on hubs. which lets me use a standard Clamp-o-tron 1.25m for crew vehicles. or the 2.5m size for adding station extensions.

8 minutes ago, Wolf Baginski said:

OK, an old part-set that I find useful, but may need some fixing.

CaptainKipard's Universal Docking Ports set released under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. As I recall, they're old enough to need the node-direction fix, and that's about all they need. That link also has info on the sources for a couple of other types of docking port. They would need some tweaks to the .cfg files for language support, and maybe some other details.

I mostly use the 2.5m size on hubs. which lets me use a standard Clamp-o-tron 1.25m for crew vehicles. or the 2.5m size for adding station extensions.

While I don't want to turn this into a "please revive my favorite xxxxx mod", please send me whatever changes you have for this and I'll see about including it.

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

While I don't want to turn this into a "please revive my favorite xxxxx mod", please send me whatever changes you have for this and I'll see about including it.

Anything about my question above?

3 hours ago, kgbeast said:

I can't seem to see many of the parts included with this mod in my VAB. I only see a handful of parts including a spherical command pod and the expandable heat shields. Even with filter extensions showing me parts from this pack only.

Are certain modules locked under the community tech tree? If so, what research are they locked under? I tried to see what parts are unlocked by what tech nodes and still couldn't 't see Tokamak parts

First, I would suggest that you load a sandbox game and see if they are there.  If not, then please post a link to a log file (see  my sig for info)

Assuming you see the parts, you would need to contact the CCT people about the missing parts.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was mistaken about the changes. The mod uses a different syntax for the node locations.

Squad uses this style:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

The Universal Docking Ports use this:

NODE
{
	name = bottom
	transform = n_bottom
	size = 2
	method = FIXED_JOINT
}

I'd be guessing, but it looks as though there is something defined in the model. It works now, but it could break any time. Is it some terribly old style of defining the node? I have never seen it anywhere else.

It's either not worth bothering, or horribly complicated to change to current ways of doing things. I find the mod useful, but it doesn't need any changes for v1.3

4 hours ago, kgbeast said:

I have seen all the parts in the CTT, and never had to touch that part of their configs. If they are not visible in your VAB then you must have a life support installed but missing Community Category Kit. I forgot to put a check whether CCK is present but for some of the life support mods, the parts will move out of the stock categories and into the community categories.

This is where they all are in CTT.

Spoiler

t8PjBWb.jpg

Lastly, I forgot or didn't notice, to move the heatshields into the Thermal category. They're in the Aerodynamics category.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wouldn't want to turn this into a "please revive xxxx" either, you're doing enough maintenance work already. But 6S Service Compartment Tubes are still useful, have a compatible license, and need no extra work to revive -- the last post in the thread contains the requisite config changes which I am using in 1.3.

I have used the Habitat Pack whenever there was a working version, since I found it ...and you just made a working version. :D

Thanks as much as the internet can convey, man, you're really amazing for maintaining all those mods!

31 minutes ago, VenDei said:

Inflatable stationparts that don't bring in a hunk of unwanted mechanics are exactly what I have missed.

This. Absolutely.

2 hours ago, jg727 said:

I see that it's listed as being compatible with the old USI Kolonization mod, is this mod currently compatible with USI's MKS?

It hasn't been tested with current MKS. Anyone with the skill and wisdom to polish the MKS compatibility is more than welcome to pitch in.

Whatever happened to Porkjet's work on the refresh? Was that done on Squad time?

It's very unlikely to happen, but if his assets were available under a CC license, that would be a lovely replacement/addition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.