Getting an RC joystick to work with KSP?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get my RC joystick to work with KSP, but no dice so far.  In settings, when I go to assign the axes, it goes unrecognized.  Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

I'm vaguely attached to the idea of a using this RC joystick because I hope to get my kids used to the control configuration.  That way in a couple years when I go buy an RC plane they'll already be familiar with the sticks.

Cheers,

Keith

1S8zgSzb.jpg

I'm running KSP on my 2015 MacBook Pro (10.12.5 Sierra).

I really like the Idea of controlling KSP with an RC Controller. It would make rovers, planes and everything else feel more like toys. 

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, but I'm very interested in the idea. I guess the main problem is the interface, getting the remote to communicate with the PC Mac?

Edited by Physics Student

On 7/13/2017 at 5:23 PM, Physics Student said:

I really like the Idea of controlling KSP with an RC Controller. It would make rovers, planes and everything else feel more like toys. 

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, but I'm very interested in the idea. I guess the main problem is the interface, getting the remote to communicate with the PC Mac?

Mine is *not* actually an RC controller.  It's made up to like like an RC controller, but in fact it's just a USB game controller.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.