[1.4.x] Notantares Space Industries - Stockalike UR-700, Angara, Big Soyuz, and more!

NISSKEPCSIM

STATUS UPDATE:

Docking port 2.0...

Y7ufkeG.png

It works with the regular Soyuz as well!

lJFPaT7.png

It's got lights!

A set of 0.9375m, ungendered docking ports for all your station needs...

All this and more...                                                                                                      

At Notantares Space Industries...

It has come!

rzLdrTk.png

DESCRIPTION:

"Big Khleb" is an advanced crew transportation spacecraft capable of holding up to 6 kerbonauts, and is unlockable in the mid-to-late tech tree. It is designed to be able to support its crew for long-duration missions to space stations or to assist in lunar expeditions. It shall be designed with its own set of 0.9375m ungendered docking ports, so that those who do not use Tantares can still use the "Big Khleb." Whatever your needs, the "Big Khleb" can fulfil them!

1.2.*, 1.3 Compatible.

CURRENTLY INCLUDES:

Placeholder IVAs!

BK-D0P-1 Docking Port [PARACHUTE].

BK-D0P-2 Docking Port.

BK-50Y-Z "Big Khleb" Command Pod.

BK-H34-T Heatshield.

BK-105-0B Stack Decoupler.

BK-S3R-M "Kneel Before Beale" Service Module.

DOWNLOAD:

Grab it on Github!

DEPENDENCIES:

Modulemanager by @sarbian (Included).

Mission Highlights:

NxsCbkD.png

zhJwDvQ.png

4liEs6F.png

viEXEet.png

Zgjnsr1.png

1yPjLAB.png

EMfSKq5.png

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

7 minutes ago, kraden said:

Well, I'm finally at my computer but I'm not sure how to go about downloading this.  It shows no releases which is how I normally navigate Github downloads.

Click the green button in the top right that says "Clone or Download" and then click on "Download as Zip". From there continue with a typical install procedure.

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Click the green button in the top right that says "Clone or Download" and then click on "Download as Zip". From there continue with a typical install procedure.

Go raibh maith agat!

I recently saw a pub with the same name as your "location" by the way :wink:

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Lol you're welcome. "Tír na nÓg" is the Land of the Youth (basically the heaven of pre-christianity Ireland) so there are a fair few places and pubs named after it.

I knew the name, but not the background, that's awesome!

Now that I'm (Mostly) done with the "Big Khleb" parts, I'm beginning to think of other things to do. First on the list? @qzgy's "Bigger Khleb" suggestion.

"Wonder if you would make a "Bigger Khleb", by extending it for a crew cabin or something."

Essentially, something in the same vain as the Big Gemini "Big-G."

However, before I can even start modelling, I have a very important question to ask you all: Which variant of the "Bigger Khleb" do you prefer? So far, I have come up with two concepts:

oqy13VV.png

I am opening a poll, so you can cast your votes. If you have other ideas, like, let's say, giving Concept 1 Concept 2's Service Module, please leave a comment.

Erm, correction: The poll shall be opened by a moderator, since I can't actually add one to a thread that has received replies... :confused:

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

I like the look of Concept 1. Maybe though, for the SM, for it to flare, then become a more cylindrical shape.

Actually looking at the Big-G concept, it seems like it goes inwards a bit too at the end.

Which one are you looking at? This is what I see:

Image result for Big-Gemini

Image result for Big-Gemini

(Fantastic Plastic Models is the paramount of trustworthy information, lol)

That second picture shows both the pod, the extension, and the planned service module.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM