[1.4.x] Notantares Space Industries - Stockalike UR-700, Angara, Big Soyuz, and more!

NISSKEPCSIM

STATUS UPDATE:

The decoupler is complete! Only the heat shield to go and I can compile the first release! :)

V5B23jP.png

(More pics of the extra detail below)

Spoiler

The interior edges of the rings:

R2v8ReA.png

The outside edges:

FFOXphB.png

There is more detail on the top and bottom edges, but I couldn't line up the camera properly to screenshot them.

The bottom of the decoupler is 1.7m (As the top of the SM is 1.7m, as to get the desired shape, as pictured here), and the top is 1.875m.

STATUS UPDATE:

The heat shield is fully modelled and textured! (I would have posted it two days ago, but it had ended up looking like a dart board, so I retextured it)

F6BzM7p.png

D7yY9uM.png

Now I can start working on importing the parts into the game and packaging a release!

I've imported the decoupler into the game! My plan is to import the heat shield, parachute, and docking port, and release all 4 parts in the first version (for testing).

qPmTNB4.png

(The capsule is the VA from Tantares)

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

STATUS UPDATE:

A quick mockup of what the completed "Big Khleb" shall look like. The blue rectangles represent where you'd attach the stock solar panels. The plan is to overhaul the docking port's texture next, and give it an integrated parachute, rather than using the standalone parachute part, which makes the nose of the craft way too long.

luiloR1.png

A very simple 1.25m to 0.9375m adapter shall come next, so that you can attach the docking port to stock/other modded stations as well.

(Two docking ports shall be included; One with an integrated parachute, and one without, for stations)

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

I've been teasing you with WIP pictures of the Big Soyuz for over a month now, so I've decided to take a break and work on something that'll only take a few days to complete - so you guys can actually have something to play with while I finish the Big Soyuz. :)

BDB-Compatible Gemini Paraglider

ITTDACU.png

DESCRIPTION:

This early-to-mid tech tree wonder is designed to be used with the Bluedog Design Bureau Gemini, but it has a degree of modularity that allows it to be used by any capsule. It can be deployed instead of a parachute, and allows a capsule to glide to down to a landing in a dried-up lake bed or a runway, like and aircraft!

[WIP] Not ready for release.

CURRENTLY INCLUDES:

N/A.

DOWNLOAD:

Unavailable.

DEPENDENCIES:

Modulemanager by @sarbian, RetractableLiftingSurface by @linuxgurugamer (Included).

FUTURE PLANS:

Completing and releasing the paraglider wing, maybe adding landing gear if asked for it.

LICENSE:

GNU General Public License v3.0.

CREDIT:

Special thanks to @CobaltWolf for allowing me to use/modify one of his texture sheets.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

BDB-Compatible Gemini Paraglider

Version 0.1 released!

3jvYV4S.jpg

Grab it on Github!

DISCLAIMER: This is a test version. If any, please report bugs.

ATTACHMENT INSTRUCTIONS (IMPORTANT!)

Spoiler

(The parts highlighted green are the parts you're attaching the part to.)

For the BDB Gemini pod:

DxFBMZb.jpg

Stock Mk1 pod:

Bzi43MC.jpg

Bgl3m0x.jpg

qU19byF.jpg

hDNeBWt.jpg

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

The download link for the Gemini Paraglider has re-opened!

After a whole load of problems had arisen in the initial release version of the Gemini Paraglider, I had to close the download link. But, with the help of @Pak, @steedcrugeon, @TheRagingIrishman, @Angel-125, and a host of other modders, we have gotten the paraglider to work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.