[1.4.x] Notantares Space Industries - Stockalike UR-700, Angara, Big Soyuz, and more!

NISSKEPCSIM

It really made me imagine the following situation.

Rocket lifts off, ten seconds or so into the flight, and some things start falling off, others exploding.

Ground control: "Jeb! Can you hear me, Jeb?! Jeb, report!!!"

Jebediah Kerman: "Hear you, ground control. This is Jeb, reporting. Flight status: NORMAL! :cool:"

I couldn't quite tell from the OP, but is the Mk1-A still a WIP? I love the idea of a 1.25m 2-man command pod. I think most are 2.5m. My go to for so long has been the K2, which is a great pod, but hasn't been updated in quite some time, so I was very excited to see this one. Plus I really like the idea of it being a stand alone download as opposed to being apart of another mod with tons of other parts.

I didn't see any pics and based off of your listed features for your Soyuz pods (and lack of it listed for the Mk1-A) that an IVA is planned? I cannot get my kerbals out of the pod. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

You don't get the IVA? I have a placeholder IVA added, from the BDB Gemini pod. It works for me, and it should be there for you.

To answer your first question, no, it's not a WIP. I might still be adding new things, but it works, and has all the features it needs to be released at version 0.1!

Also:

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

2 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

You don't get the IVA? I have a placeholder IVA added, from the BDB Gemini pod. It works for me, and it should be there for you.

The IVA's were not working for me, but I figured it out. BDB was the clue. I don't play with BDB. The model path for the interior spaces was trying to get them from the BDB folder, which I do not have. I changed the Gemini_Crew_A_Interior.cfg to this and it worked fine:

Spoiler

MODEL
 {
  model = Notantares Space Industries/Mk1-A/Spaces/Gemini_A_Int/Gemini_A_Int
 }
 MODEL
 {
  model = Notantares Space Industries/Mk1-ASpaces/Gemini_A_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Mask
  rotation = 0, 0, 0
 }
 MODEL
 {
  model = Notantares Space Industries/Mk1-ASpaces/Gemini_A_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Border
  rotation = 0, 0, 0
 }

Have you considered renaming your master folder to NotantaresSpaceIndustries? The spaces in the folder name create problems for MM. I think it might even be a KSP/Unity thing, but I could be way off base. Perhaps casual coincidence, but your master folder is the only one that I have with spaces in the name. I managed to work around it, but even using Notantares?Space?Industries did not work for some of the MM patches I was using.

Part of the reason that I was asking if the pod was a WIP, was because I was skeptical that 2x kerbals would fit in a pod with a 1.25m base. Especially one with the same profile/shape as the Mk1 pod. I wanted to take a look at the IVA view first though, to see what it looked like. I had the same reservations about the K2 as well.

paF8B0g.png

Just looking at it, it looks like the BDB place holder IVA is bigger than the pod itself. I think (again I don't use it) the BDB Gemini pod had a 1.875m base. The K2 pod works around the space issue by extending the base upwards a bit before tapering to 0.625m. Actually comparing them all together though, it does look like if you put the 2 kerbals shoulder to shoulder, it might work. You'd more than likely have to squeeze the instrument panels close together as well, or just use one in the center or something.

In the end, its not a huge deal, I don't use IVA often at all, and only really mention it from an RP/immersion standpoint. 

I was aware that Linuxgurugamer had updated the K2 pod to 1.3, but I meant it was no longer being actively maintained. Specifically, it does not have lights and it sadly looks a bit dated, especially compared to parts like yours. Still a great 2 man pod though. Has been a staple of mine for quite some time until I found your pod.

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

The BDB Gemini is 1.5m.

Also, I have a duplicate of the BDB Gemini IVA in the Mk1-A folder, in "Spaces," with its own name, so I don't see what the problem is.

If BDB were a dependency, I would have listed it as such.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

12 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Also, I have a duplicate of the BDB Gemini IVA in the Mk1-A folder, in "Spaces," with its own name, so I don't see what the problem is.

If BDB were a dependency, I would have listed it as such.

I get that, what I am saying is the .cfg file looks for the spaces in the BDB folder. You have included the correct files, but the interior config file looks for them elsewhere. BDB doesn't need to be a dependency, but the path needs to be changed.

I changed it from this:

MODEL
{
	model = Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_A_Int/Gemini_A_Int
}

to this:

MODEL
 {
 	 model = Notantares Space Industries/Mk1-A/Spaces/Gemini_A_Int/Gemini_A_Int
 }

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.