[1.4.x] Notantares Space Industries - Stockalike UR-700, Angara, Big Soyuz, and more!

NISSKEPCSIM

12 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Are the new versions of Big Soyuz/NT-LV compatible with 1.3.1?

Big Soyuz is compatible with 1.3.1. However, NotantaresLV has two tanks that have stock texture switching built-in. If you're using 1.3.1, they will work fine, they just won't have any texture switching.

11 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Anyone else having issues with the paraglider part not showing up?

Sorry, there was a problem in the config I didn't spot during testing - the model path led to a different folder (The one the older version of the paraglider was in) than the one the new paraglider was in.

Here's the new, working version:

BKeBvpj.pngc0mbfyY.png

Note: The paraglider is still very unstable, and must be flown gently; Use 'Q' and 'E' to roll slightly, and the lift will simply make you turn. Don't pull up too hard, because it stalls easily.

@NISSKEPCSIM, the Porkalike Gemini-style "Mk1-A" Command Pod.  Is awesome!  Thanks - looking forward to an IVA... do you have priority for your IVA release schedule?  Or is it SometimeTM?

Can I please make a request - would you do what you did for the MK1 Command Pod for the Mk1 LanderCan... perhaps using Ven's model.  Having a two seater in that form would be great MacLuky created a three seater, but a MK-1 as a two seater with dual windows would be awesome - and an IVA as well :wink:

Peace.

12 hours ago, SirThoreth said:

Paraglider is definitely showing up now (and looks neat once deployed), but seems to be acting as if deployed, even when retracted, during liftoff.  Anyone else seeing this?

Do you have Retractable Lifting Surface installed? It's a dependency.

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

*snip*... do you have priority for your IVA release schedule?  Or is it SometimeTM? *snip*

Currently, my priorities are as follows: Finish the UR-700 and UR-700A (Sometime in mid-to-late May), start and finish an LK-700 (Late May to mid-to-late June), and revamp the Big Soyuz parts (Late June to mid July). However, I will definitely find time in there to make an IVA!

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

*snip* Can I please make a request - would you do what you did for the MK1 Command Pod for the Mk1 LanderCan... perhaps using Ven's model.  Having a two seater in that form would be great MacLuky created a three seater, but a MK-1 as a two seater with dual windows would be awesome - and an IVA as well :wink: *snip*

Great idea! It sounds like something I could throw together in about a week -- the IVA would take longer, but I might be able to release something like that later this month!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

Here's a link to the WIP dev build of NotantaresLV - it currently includes the nuclear RO-31 engine, a 5.625m tank, a 5.625m to 3.75m adapter tank, a 3.75m engine mounting plate, and 3.75m and 5.625m interstages:

KVm6MhO.png

I also have begun work on the regular UR-700 second stage:

pq8FkPA.png

And the 5.625m engine mounting plate for the UR-700A third stage:

orcLB1d.png

Updated Dev Build Of Notantares LV - Includes new 5.625m engine mount, third stage fuel tank, and interstage!

I finished the 5.625m engine mount:

uaWNq1u.png

rCvkPMX.png

I also made a new short 5.625m liquid fuel tank for the 3rd stage, and remade the 5.625m interstage to fit the new engine mount. It's all available in the above link to the dev build - Feedback is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod isn't dead! RL interfered with my time to do anything KSP-related, but hopefully I should be able to start modding again during the summer. This means finishing the UR-700 and UR-700A rockets, (potentially) an LK-700, and (unlikely but still possible) a revamp of some of the outdated Big Soyuz/Khleb parts!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

19 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

This mod isn't dead! RL interfered with my time to do anything KSP-related, but hopefully I should be able to start modding again during the summer. This means finishing the UR-700 and UR-700A rockets, (potentially) an LK-700, and (unlikely but still possible) a revamp of some of the outdated Big Soyuz/Khleb parts!

Nice to hear, this mod is a good collection of parts

On 6/21/2018 at 1:54 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Awesome, I just actually discovered this mod, having used Tantares for a while but looking for something new in my latest playthrough. Loving all the variety! Can't wait for more.

Hi, I suppose this isn't a huge deal or anything...., but in this thread, on CKAN, and on Github/spacedock is says Darkside Technology is for KSP version 1.4.3 but the version file included with the download says "max KSP version 1.2.99" so it makes me nervous every time KSP-AVC flags it every time I start up the game....

Oh wait none of your mods are on CKAN are they? The Tantares mods are not the same as these mods are they? Man.....I'm so confused....

Edited by JoE Smash

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 5:02 PM, JoE Smash said:

Hi, I suppose this isn't a huge deal or anything...., but in this thread, on CKAN, and on Github/spacedock is says Darkside Technology is for KSP version 1.4.3 but the version file included with the download says "max KSP version 1.2.99" so it makes me nervous every time KSP-AVC flags it every time I start up the game....

Oh wait none of your mods are on CKAN are they? The Tantares mods are not the same as these mods are they? Man.....I'm so confused....

The Darkside Tech continued mod is on CKAN, but none of the rest are. Sorry about the AVC error, I'll fix that right away...

On 6/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, ARTOBAN said:

Can somebody give me craft file ?

Which craft do you want the file for? I'm planning to upload them all to Kerbalx sometime in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

For reasons clear to anyone who actually tried to fly with my Gemini Paraglider mod,  I have removed it from the main mod page. The downloads are still there on the Github and Spacedock pages,  however,  I won't be updating it anymore. Feel free to use it or continue it or whatever if you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

DarkSide Technologies still says it is for KSP 1.2.99 in version number file. Still bundled on Spacedock with an obsolete module manage .dll.... (I know module manager only uses the most current version, but can we clean up the download?)

Done.

Quick question, has anyone else had an issue with this mod where you try and select the capsule to start a craft and it breaks the VAB editor? It' makes it so you can't select anything and have to restart the game. I've only had this issue with this mod and the Buffalo rover mod. Not asking for support, just curious.

Looks like ToadicusTools was the reason for the issue.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
figured out the sniz