KSP crashes within an hour of starting, sometimes silently, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I've seen it happen mid-flight on Kerbin, when reverting, and in the SPH. I have verified my cache in Steam to no avail.

The error is always either

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP.exe

or

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll

This looks a lot like bug #15646.

I found this on the forum regarding a silmilar problem
""
So. I started to have this problem.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit and I figured that if the game had a 64 bit option, it would auto-run it. I don't think it is as I'm getting the same crashes as everyone else after the game only uses 48% of available memory (I have 16GB).  Using the 64-bit version of the game launcher (ksp_x64.exe) solved the problem nicely :)""

Try to run ksp in 64bit..
On steam you always see a popup where you can choose 32bit ( normal ) or 64bit.
If you use the version of thegame here from official webpage, then you maybe have to navigate to your game folder and use the KSP_x64.exe file.
Hope this advide can help you.

Also you can try to install ksp as admin and see if this will help you.

Or try to read this forum ( go to page 4 )  https://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/598198356186358277/

Edited by Peder

Hm, I seem to only get a bitness prompt when launching from the Steam library, not from the taskbar menu (which is how I usually launch).

However, this means I have accidentally been running KSP 32-bit at least some of the time ever since the 64-bit client was released for Windows, yet it has never crashed like this until 1.3.

Edit: looking at the error logs I have, all are from KSP.exe, not KSP_x64.exe. I'll post again if the 64-bit client is stable (although an unmodded x86 client really shouldn't crash).

Edited by Jens Lyn IV

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.