[1.4.X] OSE Workshop Continued - KIS Addon

Aelfhe1m

6 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Ah, I see.  Well even with just the stock game I would imagine it would also be of concern for this mod, as docking would also cause the issue (I would think, I haven't tested it)

Good point. I've just checked the workshop module code and the available volume is only calculated during OnStart even though it hooks into onVesselChange for something else. I'll add it to my to do list.

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Good point. I've just checked the workshop module code and the available volume is only calculated during OnStart even though it hooks into onVesselChange for something else. I'll add it to my to do list.

Oh, hey by the way.  For AGM I remade the stock editor icons, they are all MIT so you are welcome to use them if you are interested.

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

Oh, hey by the way.  For AGM I remade the stock editor icons, they are all MIT so you are welcome to use them if you are interested.

Thanks Alashain. Those are a good looking set of icons and I may very well use them as part of a UI refresh/update. I must admit that as a long time AGX user I've never really looked at AGM.

By the way have you looked at the question of reading custom part categories outside of the editor? I'd really like to break up the "none" category into something more manageable.

1 minute ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Thanks Alashain. Those are a good looking set of icons and I may very well use them as part of a UI refresh/update. I must admit that as a long time AGX user I've never really looked at AGM.

By the way have you looked at the question of reading custom part categories outside of the editor? I'd really like to break up the "none" category into something more manageable.

I have and sadly I've determined It's not possible.  The custom part categories are stored only in PartCategorizer, which of course isn't instantiated outside of the editor.  I don't even have the "none" category as a filter option, but in my case not selecting a filter shows all parts on the craft anyway.  I've debated making a button for it since starting MKS though.

9 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I have and sadly I've determined It's not possible.  The custom part categories are stored only in PartCategorizer, which of course isn't instantiated outside of the editor.  I don't even have the "none" category as a filter option, but in my case not selecting a filter shows all parts on the craft anyway.  I've debated making a button for it since starting MKS though.

That's a pity. Although I noticed in VS that AvailablePart includes manufacturer and tags properties so it may be possible to construct most of the USI (mostly defined by manufacturer name) and CCK (tag based) categories myself. I'd need to look at other large part mods on a per case basis.

There's also the partUrl property on that class. If it contains useful info then I might also be able to do a "filter by folder" categorisation (sort of like Filter Extensions manufacturers categories in the editor).

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

That's a pity. Although I noticed in VS that AvailablePart includes manufacturer and tags properties so it may be possible to construct most of the USI (mostly defined by manufacturer name) and CCK (tag based) categories myself. I'd need to look at other large part mods on a per case basis.

There's also the partUrl property on that class. If it contains useful info then I might also be able to do a "filter by folder" categorisation (sort of like Filter Extensions manufacturers categories in the editor).

Yeah, I had researched that as well.  However it seems as though CCK is currently designed to allow part mods to add categories easily, but no way to hook into it to retrieve them after they are created.  They probably assumed you would just ask the PartCategorizer, but since that isn't available to us our only option would be to parse through the CCKCommonFilterConfig and CCKExtraFilterConfig configs manually, which I haven't attempted.

Edited by Alshain

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried to make a docking port Jr and it said I was missing specialized parts. Started looking through the parts and they all seem to need a mix of specialized parts and Material Kits. I thought the mod was converted over to using only Material Kits.

@Vorg OSE uses configuration files to define the "recipes" for making parts. The default configuration is to just require MK but other mods can modify this or add extra requirements.

USI MKS for example overwrites the default recipe with one that requires both MK and SP (you can find it in the file GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Patches/OSE.cfg - the first block changes the recipe).

Individual parts and resources are also able to define recipes for their construction (the default resource recipes for ablator and solid fuel require ore so making a heat shield would need MK + Ore).

I thought the workshop mod was converted over to MK only to bring it inline with RoverDudes mods. His is the one adding SP back in? I looked through his container option, WorkShop container options and MOLE container options and I can't find anything that stores SP.

23 minutes ago, Vorg said:

I thought the workshop mod was converted over to MK only to bring it inline with RoverDudes mods. His is the one adding SP back in? I looked through his container option, WorkShop container options and MOLE container options and I can't find anything that stores SP.

Actually, MKS switched to MaterialKits to match this. Also, all of the Kontainers can hold SP. 

Looked through the RD containers again and Specialized parts are listed as "Sp". Who ever is helping with cfg's may want to add a "Sp" entry for the container that is part of the Workshop mod. I looked there first when I couldn't find it in the MOLE list since it was the workshop that called for it. Didn't see it in the Kontainers because I was looking for "Specialized Parts" and you only see it listed that way if you mount the part in the VAB and then look at the top of the popup box while "Sp" is listed.

@Vorg I think SpecializedParts gets abbreviated because it's 16 characters long. All the other MKS and Stock resources are 15 characters or less. If you don't like the Sp abbreviation (which seems to be auto-generated from the name) then you can add an MM patch to change it. For example:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[SpecializedParts]
{
	%abbreviation = Spec.Parts
}

• 3 weeks later...

@Aelfhe1m Hey dude, by the looks of things Obi is gone from the modding scene. In the beginning of this year I did a remodel of the workshop part. Obi wanted to make several workshops for different categories of parts. I made three models for him:

e1gs98Z.jpg

I'd like you to update the workshop part with the new version. Maybe you'll find a use for the other 2 models as well.

The first model - Chemical Station

1. Bubbles - default animation on a loop;
  2. workshop_emissive - same as every other: changes the animation color to orange, this is the animation which should run once when the process begins and run backwards when the process ends;
  3. WorkshopLights - illuminators and airlock emissives.

The second model - Workshop

1. Gears - default rotation of a mesh on a loop;
  2. workshop_emissive - changes the animation color to orange, this is the animation which should run once when the process begins and run backwards when the process ends;

The third model -  AI Core

1. Rotator - default rotation of a texture on a loop;
  2. workshop_emissive - changes the animation color to orange, this is the animation which should run once when the process begins and run backwards when the process ends;

If done properly the workshop_emissive animation will turn the blue tubes, the blue stripes on gears and the rotating gradient to orange color so it is easy to see from afar that a workshop is busy.

Tell me your thoughts on this.

Edited by Enceos

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for picking up this mod, unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm receiving this error once an item has finished constructing;

I'll post the mod versions that I'm running

Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.0.1804 (WindowsPlayer) en-us
"NAME":"Community Resource Pack",
"VERSION":{
  "MAJOR":0,
  "MINOR":7,
  "PATCH":1,
  "BUILD":0
},

"NAME": "Community Category Kit", 
"VERSION": {
  "BUILD": 0, 
  "MAJOR": 2, 
  "MINOR": 0, 
  "PATCH": 1
}

"NAME": "Firespitter",
  "MAJOR": 7,
  "MINOR": 6,
  "PATCH": 0
},

"NAME": "Kerbal Inventory System", 
  "BUILD": 37363, 
  "MAJOR": 1, 
  "MINOR": 6, 
  "PATCH": 6466
}

"NAME":"OSE Workshop",
"VERSION":{
  "MAJOR":1,
  "MINOR":2,
  "PATCH":0,
  "BUILD":0
},

Here's the craft file I was running when encountering the error

Hope this is enough info. Let me know if you need to know anything else

Edited by sTiKyt

52 minutes ago, sTiKyt said:

Thanks for picking up this mod, unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm receiving this error once an item has finished constructing;

I'll post the mod versions that I'm running

Here's the craft file I was running when encountering the error

Hope this is enough info. Let me know if you need to know anything else

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much just by itself. Can you post links to a full log (see here for details) and if possible a copy of your persistent.sfs from your save folder (or a quicksave file) as it will have information about the exact state of the various modules and resource levels on your craft.

NOTE: please upload your files to a file sharing service like dropbox and then post links here. Do not copy and paste their contents into the forum as it causes issues for mobile users.

21 hours ago, sTiKyt said:

Thanks I didn't expect such a quick response

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbcukyypwcxr03l/output_log.txt?dl=0

here's the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqjfcpetg5ts9ud/Bug Test.zip?dl=0

here's the save

OK. It's a change in KIS version 1.6 (and 1.7) - the parameters used to add items to inventories have been changed in KIS and I'll need to update Workshop to use the new interface.

The fix for this change look trivial but it might take a few days to test for any other changes.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

13 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

New version 1.2.1 for KSP 1.3.0 available now. (Spacedock, GitHub)

• Hotfix to account for changes to KIS in version 1.6+

NOTE: this version is NOT compatible with KIS version 1.5 or earlier

Just a note that for those installing manually this release I downloaded from Github seems to have a mix of directories in the ZIP.  If you install manually, you'll need to move things around to be in the correct place. Ie it won't overwrite old files

Paths in Zip File if install into GameData directory:
GameData\CommunityResearchPack
GameData\FireSpitter
GameData\GameData\Workshop

Specifically - if you are use to unzipping into the GameData Folder, you'll have an extra GameData subfolder then the Workshop directory

52 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Does 1.2.1c include @Enceos models?  Those are so good looking and will ad function (visibility) as well.

No 1.2.1 is a hotfix only for compatibility with changes in KIS 1.6+.

Enceos' models will be in the next version.

Hey folks - big fan of the workshop mod. ^^

I had a question about a small adjustment I was looking to make to the MaterialKits converter recipes.  I'm also using the Gold Standard mod that adds a couple more (highly valuable) resources to some planets.  I'm interested in replacing the role of Ore in the workshop mod with one of the resources from Gold Standard - IE MaterialKits would be generated using Gold Standard's Unobtanium, rather than Ore. (Solidfuel/Ablator can still be manufactured using Ore, because that makes sense.)

I THINK I have the right idea about how to adjust the .cfg files in Workshop to reference Gold Standard's resources - would there be anything else required to get that to work (do I need to ensure that Workshop gets loaded AFTER Gold Standard?)  Thanks!

Edited by Doctor Axel