[1.4.X] OSE Workshop Continued - KIS Addon

Aelfhe1m

Hi there, I installed OSE Workshop Continued, K&K Planetary Bases and KIS Storage.

I have enough Material Kits, 3 Engeneers in the K&K Workshop and even some Parts in a KIS Container.

But still I can not build anything :(

How does this mod work?

Screenshot_2018_01_23_22_48_47.png

Edited by kitingChris

3 hours ago, kitingChris said:

Hi there, I installed OSE Workshop Continued, K&K Planetary Bases and KIS Storage.

I have enough Material Kits, 3 Engeneers in the K&K Workshop and even some Parts in a KIS Container.

But still I can not build anything :(

How does this mod work?

Screenshot_2018_01_23_22_48_47.png

Well, to start with that's the interface to Ground Construction, not OSE Workshops.  I think you need the K&K OSE Workshop, not the K&K Workshop.  :wink:

11 hours ago, DStaal said:

Well, to start with that's the interface to Ground Construction, not OSE Workshops.  I think you need the K&K OSE Workshop, not the K&K Workshop.  :wink:

The only Part that is offered when searching for "Workshop" was the K&K Workshop. 
So if that is not the right Workshop why does it not show up? ~slightly confused~

Edited by kitingChris

1 hour ago, kitingChris said:

The only Part that is offered when searching for "Workshop" was the K&K Workshop. 
So if that is not the right Workshop why does it not show up? ~slightly confused~

I don't know.  But I suggest you start by looking for the parts provided by *this* mod, as a baseline.  If you can't see them, it's possible you have an install issue.

• 1 month later...

I can't build a sepatron even though it shows up (but I built an spider), and I have enough parts. Lots of parts also do not show up?

I just realised I needed a bigger inventory for the items

Edited by ZainM25

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 11:47 PM, kitingChris said:

After completely re-installing ksp and all mods the category now shows up and also the parts are available. Don't know what went wrong before.... Thanks for the support

you probably didn't install KIS, I did that once with Pathfinder, was thinking "hang on a sec, why can't I turn this into a workshop?" when I had my test craft out. oh I see you said you had KIS in it sorry

Edited by TDplay

This mod does work in 1.4.1, the only trouble it's giving me is the favour inventory feature not working on my KIS Kontainer (but it does work on my smaller Supply-Pak), don't know if it's an issue with USI Core or KSP 1.4.1

1 hour ago, TDplay said:

This mod does work in 1.4.1, the only trouble it's giving me is the favour inventory feature not working on my KIS Kontainer (but it does work on my smaller Supply-Pak), don't know if it's an issue with USI Core or KSP 1.4.1

It's not going to be a USI core thing.  Anything having KIS storage is just using a config to add KIS functionality.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

It's not going to be a USI core thing.  Anything having KIS storage is just using a config to add KIS functionality.

I see. Well, it's either 1.4 or KIS.

New version 1.2.5 for KSP version 1.4.X - download GitHub or Spacedock

• Recompile against KSP 1.4.2
  • Fix NRE in recycler window
  • Refactor window drawing code
  • Add handling for "vintage" EVA kerbals from Making History if installed

Sorry for the delay folks but I've been quite ill for the last couple of months and I am only just getting back into KSP.

Thanks for this mod.

I have KSP 1.4.2 and ose is stuck on loading with this log

[LOG 15:48:16.122] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for Timberwind
[LOG 15:48:16.129] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for KSPIE-VASIMR
[LOG 15:48:16.135] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for KSPIE-VASIMR2
[EXC 15:48:16.434] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 Workshop.Recipes.WorkshopRecipeLoader+<LoadPartRecipes>d__4.MoveNext ()
 UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 15:55:18.528] KSP-AVC -> IssueGui was destroyed.

0484LoP.jpg

yeah same thing but with the resource recipe

[LOG 13:36:39.777] [OSE] - Loading DefaultRecipe
[LOG 13:36:39.781] [OSE] - Loading ResourceRecipe SolidFuel
[LOG 13:36:39.784] [OSE] - Loading ResourceRecipe Ablator
[EXC 13:36:43.772] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

stops loading ksp once it runs into this.

4 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

I have KSP 1.4.2 and ose is stuck on loading with this log

[LOG 15:48:16.122] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for Timberwind
[LOG 15:48:16.129] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for KSPIE-VASIMR
[LOG 15:48:16.135] [OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for KSPIE-VASIMR2
[EXC 15:48:16.434] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 15:55:18.528] KSP-AVC -> IssueGui was destroyed.

@Leandro Basi and @COL.R.Neville 

OK, I confirmed this with KSPIE installed alongside my test build of Workshop. I didn't get the Ablator recipe error but it's almost certainly related.

Not sure what's going on here since the recipe loading code hasn't changed in 2+ years. Maybe it's the upgrade to a new version of Unity in KSP 1.4.

I'll investigate and find a fix.

3 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Leandro Basi and @COL.R.Neville 

OK, I confirmed this with KSPIE installed alongside my test build of Workshop. I didn't get the Ablator recipe error but it's almost certainly related.

Not sure what's going on here since the recipe loading code hasn't changed in 2+ years. Maybe it's the upgrade to a new version of Unity in KSP 1.4.

I'll investigate and find a fix.

thanks. i tried going back to an earlier version and it did the same thing. looks like ose workshop, el launchpad, mks and squad all seem to be trying to define ablator and solid fuel. 

4 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

thanks. i tried going back to an earlier version and it did the same thing. looks like ose workshop, el launchpad, mks and squad all seem to be trying to define ablator and solid fuel. 

Not the problem in this case unfortunately. OSE Workshop creates its own independent config nodes which are being read by the loader. The only thing shared with the other mods is the name of the resource (ablator).

It looks like there has been some change in the way that the config node reader or co-routines work in the latest version that is causing the loading code in Workshop to fail for installs with a larger number of parts. It works OK with just Wortkshop and stock parts or even with a few small part mods but adding KSPIE or any of the other larger part mods seems to trigger this error.

I'll keep digging and if I can't figure out how to fix the current code I'll change it to use an alternative loading method that I know does work.

3 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Not the problem in this case unfortunately. OSE Workshop creates its own independent config nodes which are being read by the loader. The only thing shared with the other mods is the name of the resource (ablator).

It looks like there has been some change in the way that the config node reader or co-routines work in the latest version that is causing the loading code in Workshop to fail for installs with a larger number of parts. It works OK with just Wortkshop and stock parts or even with a few small part mods but adding KSPIE or any of the other larger part mods seems to trigger this error.

I'll keep digging and if I can't figure out how to fix the current code I'll change it to use an alternative loading method that I know does work.

I appreciate your continued work on OSE Workshop, thanks! :)

why does this require Firespitter? I would like to have the functionality of producing parts on station but I dont want to load another huge part pack, especially since I never use planes

5 minutes ago, Ather said:

why does this require Firespitter? I would like to have the functionality of producing parts on station but I dont want to load another huge part pack, especially since I never use planes

You can skip the Firespitter parts.  The Firespitter *plugin* is very commonly used for resource-switching and movement animation, not just by this mod.

35 minutes ago, DStaal said:

You can skip the Firespitter parts.  The Firespitter *plugin* is very commonly used for resource-switching and movement animation, not just by this mod.

so all I need are the "Plugins" and "PluginData" folders?

EDIT: I took those two and the "Resources" folder, lets see if it works

EDIT: seems to be working fine :)

Edited by Ather

9 hours ago, mr. engino said:

While I like this mod, it has incompatabilities with ksp interstellar extended; as it keeps freezing during loading at "loading PartRecipe for KSPIE VASIMR2"

yeah if you look up a few more posts you will see he is already working on the recipe loader problems.