[1.4.X] OSE Workshop Continued - KIS Addon

Aelfhe1m

OSE Workshop 1.3 is now available:

- Updated for KSP 1.5.X

- Printing processes now supports "catch up" mechanics. This means that you can, for instance, start a print job, go to the Space Center, wait a few hours, and come back to find your print job nearly completed.

- Recycle processes now supports "catch up" mechanics as well.

- Fixed time estimates listed when you mouse over a part.

- Fixed integration with Extraplanetary Launchpads.

- Adjusted ModuleManager patches to make it easier to customize recipes- CRP is still very much supported!

- Reduced production rates on the OSE Workshop parts to more realistic values.

- The Workshop AI Core no longer requires crew to operate, but it requires more ElectricCharge than a regular workshop and takes twice as long to print items. It's also been moved to Field Science.

- The Chemical Workshop can now produce MaterialKits from Ore.

- Enable Recipes Option: You can now enable/disables recipes, which require more than one resource to print the part. When disabled, only the default MaterialKits resource is required (unless overriden by another mod). You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.

- Require Funds Option: You can now enable/disable the Funds requirement for printing parts. You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.

- Create KAC Alarms Option: You can now enable/disable integration with Kerbal Alarm Clock. When enabled, any print job that takes an hour or more will add a KAC alarm. You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.
KNOWN ISSUE: Setting a KAC alarm doesn't percisely tell you when your print jobs will be done, but it's pretty close. Work is ongoing to improve accuracy.

- Removed OseModuleCategoryAddon and associated classes.

- You can now specify production categories from within the OseModuleWorkshop config node by adding CATEGORY nodes. You'll get the full list of categories if you don't specify any CATEGORY nodes. Example config:
MODULE
{
    name = OseModuleWorkshop
    //module stuff goes here...

CATEGORY
    {
        name = Science
        iconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech
    }
}

As mentioned, I'm doing some caretaker duties for a bit on OSE Workshop but my plate is full. If somebody wants to take over, just PM me. :)

On 10/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, Angel-125 said:

OSE Workshop 1.3 is now available:

- Updated for KSP 1.5.X

- Printing processes now supports "catch up" mechanics. This means that you can, for instance, start a print job, go to the Space Center, wait a few hours, and come back to find your print job nearly completed.

- Recycle processes now supports "catch up" mechanics as well.

- Fixed time estimates listed when you mouse over a part.

- Fixed integration with Extraplanetary Launchpads.

- Adjusted ModuleManager patches to make it easier to customize recipes- CRP is still very much supported!

- Reduced production rates on the OSE Workshop parts to more realistic values.

- The Workshop AI Core no longer requires crew to operate, but it requires more ElectricCharge than a regular workshop and takes twice as long to print items. It's also been moved to Field Science.

- The Chemical Workshop can now produce MaterialKits from Ore.

- Enable Recipes Option: You can now enable/disables recipes, which require more than one resource to print the part. When disabled, only the default MaterialKits resource is required (unless overriden by another mod). You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.

- Require Funds Option: You can now enable/disable the Funds requirement for printing parts. You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.

- Create KAC Alarms Option: You can now enable/disable integration with Kerbal Alarm Clock. When enabled, any print job that takes an hour or more will add a KAC alarm. You can set this option from KSP's Settings screen. It is on by default.
KNOWN ISSUE: Setting a KAC alarm doesn't percisely tell you when your print jobs will be done, but it's pretty close. Work is ongoing to improve accuracy.

- Removed OseModuleCategoryAddon and associated classes.

- You can now specify production categories from within the OseModuleWorkshop config node by adding CATEGORY nodes. You'll get the full list of categories if you don't specify any CATEGORY nodes. Example config:
MODULE
{
    name = OseModuleWorkshop
    //module stuff goes here...

CATEGORY
    {
        name = Science
        iconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech
    }
}

As mentioned, I'm doing some caretaker duties for a bit on OSE Workshop but my plate is full. If somebody wants to take over, just PM me. :)

you sir are a bloomin ledgern, thanks!

2 hours ago, phlux said:

Maybe i have missed something somewhere... but why is this mod not updated on ckan since 1.2.5?

Well let's see.  The original author has been AFK for some time.  If you spend 60 seconds reading up even a little you will see that @Angel-125 has been kind enough to update this mod, but he is too busy to take it over  permanently, so CKAN updates are probably not on his list, if he even has access to the right places to update that.

TLDR: We should be thankful to have this mod updated at all.  Thanks again @Angel-125

56 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Well let's see.  The original author has been AFK for some time.  If you spend 60 seconds reading up even a little you will see that @Angel-125 has been kind enough to update this mod, but he is too busy to take it over  permanently, so CKAN updates are probably not on his list, if he even has access to the right places to update that.

TLDR: We should be thankful to have this mod updated at all.  Thanks again @Angel-125

No worries, happy to give back. :) Yeah, I'm not knowledgeable about CKAN these days and don't have access to the OSE Workshop settings. Funny thing is, I haven't had time to play with the workshop since I updated it...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 11:47 AM, samooo2 said:

If I print an OSE storage container on-site, is there any way to switch its storage from the default Materialkits? Like if I forgot to bring a RareMetals box with me.

use KAs to attach it to you base

• 3 weeks later...

@Angel-125, thanks for taking care of this nice mod. I've downloaded OSE v1.3.0 and launched it on KSP 1.5.1

Any time I'm opening either recycler or printer menu - the log has a massive NRE spam with the message like this:

[EXC 21:06:45.470] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Workshop.OseModuleRecycler.DrawRecyclingProgress ()
    Workshop.OseModuleRecycler.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Any idea what am I missing there?

1 hour ago, Horus said:

@Angel-125, thanks for taking care of this nice mod. I've downloaded OSE v1.3.0 and launched it on KSP 1.5.1

Any time I'm opening either recycler or printer menu - the log has a massive NRE spam with the message like this:

[EXC 21:06:45.470] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Sounds like a bug in the code somewhere. I'll take a look when I have a spare moment.

4 hours ago, Horus said:

Ok, please give OSE Workshop 1.3.1 a try:

KSP 1.6 recompile
Possible NRE fix for recycler window.
Source included

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, please give OSE Workshop 1.3.1 a try:

KSP 1.6 recompile
Possible NRE fix for recycler window.
Source included

Thanks for very fast response and fix. NRE fix for Recycler confirmed. However, quite the same issue when opening OSE Workbench.

s4mQNJ6.png

14 minutes ago, Horus said:

Thanks for very fast response and fix. NRE fix for Recycler confirmed. However, quite the same issue when opening OSE Workbench.

s4mQNJ6.png

Wish I had known that before... well, the code is a bit of a mess. I will take a look. Anything else you notice?

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Anything else you notice?

Nothing else so far. Those NREs prevent me from checking the whole functionality :(

Thank you for your awesome work

Edited by Horus

4 hours ago, Horus said:

Nothing else so far. Those NREs prevent me from checking the whole functionality :(

Thank you for your awesome work

I was having an error with the workshop, could be the same one, and my very-not-great workaround was to queue 2 of the item and go back to doing missions until the timer was up. Coming back, the printer would be hung up and opening the GUI would give me an NRE until I cancelled the second item. The first would then autocomplete and show up in my inventory and the NRE stopped.

ETA: This was using Pathfinder's OSE choices, not the pieces from the base mod, but I figure they all effectively work off the same .dll

Edited by Krakatoa

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tirello said:

@Horus Only asking cause you have tried it. How usable is the current version. I would love to use this mod again.

While Recycler function NRE issue fixed (that was really fast), the Production function still throws tons of NREs and not functional. However, there's a workaround (couple of replies above) for that issue.

47 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

No time to work on this right now. I am busy moving into my new place and adjusting to a very long commute. It is one reason I would like for someone else to take over OSE Workshop.

It's good and sad to hear that at the same time. Wish you all the best & luck at your new place. Hope someone can take over this mod. Do you have latest mod code uploaded to git repo? I could try to look at it myself.

21 minutes ago, Horus said:

It's good and sad to hear that at the same time. Wish you all the best & luck at your new place. Hope someone can take over this mod. Do you have latest mod code uploaded to git repo? I could try to look at it myself.

I don’t have write access so I bundled the source with the download.

@Horus I looked into what was throwing the NRE's. The workshop window throws them until you start building something. So the empty window is whats doing it.

I haven't had a issue with it not wanting to complete a job yet. 

Maybe @linuxgurugamer could give us a hand with a fix.  He is done kind of wizard.

Edited by Tirello