[1.4.X] OSE Workshop Continued - KIS Addon

Aelfhe1m

6 hours ago, Horus said:
12 hours ago, Tirello said:

Maybe @linuxgurugamer could give us a hand with a fix.  He is done kind of wizard.

That would be too kind of him. He's already a savior for tons of nice mods.

Don't you think I have enough to do???  

Seriously, I'm a bit busy, but I'll try to keep this in mind.  I will clone the repo and add @Angel-125's changes to it if I get a little time, after this, I'll have to see so if/when I have time, I'll be able to look at it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Don't you think I have enough to do???  

Seriously, I'm a bit busy, but I'll try to keep this in mind.  I will clone the repo and add @Angel-125's changes to it if I get a little time, after this, I'll have to see so if/when I have time, I'll be able to look at it

@linuxgurugamer, sorry if I was understood wrong. I meant that you already too busy supporting lots of other mods.

5 minutes ago, Horus said:

@linuxgurugamer, sorry if I was understood wrong. I meant that you already too busy supporting lots of other mods.

I wasn't offended, and it did come across as if you didn't expect me to do anything.  OTOH, you DID ping me, so maybe there was a wistful "can you help" implied there

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wasn't offended, and it did come across as if you didn't expect me to do anything.  OTOH, you DID ping me, so maybe there was a wistful "can you help" implied there

Ah... I didn't mean to ping you :) Was using the @ as a faster method to hint for nickname. The ping functionality totally slipped my mind :)

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

Ah... I didn't mean to ping you :) Was using the @ as a faster method to hint for nickname. The ping functionality totally slipped my mind :)

You got my interest :-)

Anyway, if I get some time this weekend, I'll download and rebuild it for myself (first step in debugging), and then try to use it.  This is totally new to me, so I may have question regarding normal usage

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You got my interest :-)

Anyway, if I get some time this weekend, I'll download and rebuild it for myself (first step in debugging), and then try to use it.  This is totally new to me, so I may have question regarding normal usage

I included the latest source with the mod itself since I couldn’t update the repo for some reason. Thanks for taking a look, every bit helps. :) It will likely be another week at most before I can start modding again. Moving is a lot of work!

Edited by Angel-125

39 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I included the latest source with the mod itself since I couldn’t update the repo for some reason. Thanks for taking a look, every bit helps. :) It will likely be another week at most before I can start modding again. Moving is a lot of work!

I saw you had a repo on github, were you unable to update that?

Hee hee.

I had a few minutes, and found the problem.

Try this zip:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5i44d4319bu6bu/Workshop.zip?dl=0

And can someone explain to me the difference between the three different workshops?

I'd be willing to adopt this, but with the understanding that people would be contributing as necessary.  I'll need to do a little of reorganization of the source directory structure, to support my build process

Edit:  Zip is now on Github here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Workshop/releases/tag/beta-1

Same file as above

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Work bench NRE spam seems to be gone. But there is a new spam. 

Workbench open nothing currently building spam of

DrawPrintProgress 1
DrawPrintProgress 2
_processedBlueprint is null
DrawPrintProgress 3

Workbench building give spam of

DrawPrintProgress 1
DrawPrintProgress 2
DrawPrintProgress 3

Nether of these seem to effect frame rate in any noticeable way.

The Recycler throws a single NRE if you press the trashcan with nothing to trash.

I can possibly test it out some more tonight. 

Edited by Tirello

7 hours ago, Tirello said:

Work bench NRE spam seems to be gone. But there is a new spam. 

Workbench open nothing currently building spam of

DrawPrintProgress 1
DrawPrintProgress 2
_processedBlueprint is null
DrawPrintProgress 3

Workbench building give spam of

DrawPrintProgress 1
DrawPrintProgress 2
DrawPrintProgress 3

Nether of these seem to effect frame rate in any noticeable way.

The Recycler throws a single NRE if you press the trashcan with nothing to trash.

I can possibly test it out some more tonight. 

This was a debugging build, ignore the spam, it was debugging code

I'll look into the NRE you mentioned

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, has ANYBODY tried my fixed version yet?

Available here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Workshop/releases/tag/beta-1

@linuxgurugamer Downloaded just now (Sun afternoon).  I should be able to give you some feedback in 2-3 days. 

RE the differences: off the top of my head, one of the workbenches is the 'normal' one, one is automated (No crew necessary), but is slower and I think more expensive.  I forget the third.  If no one else chimes in before I return here, I'll let you know about the difference for the third.

BTW, insert here the deep appreciation of a mod addict.  The amount of time you dedicate to the KSP ecology puts you in the pantheon of the top folks who make this game more attractive to our newbies! 

1 hour ago, Padrone said:

Downloaded just now (Sun afternoon).  I should be able to give you some feedback in 2-3 days. 

Download the new beta I just released here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Workshop/releases/tag/1.2.7

• Fixed null ref when going into the workshop the first time without any parts in the queue
  • Added missing bulkheadProfiles to parts
  • Fixed nullref in the Workshop when hitting the trashcan when nothing was in queue
  • Reorganized directories a bit

1 hour ago, Padrone said:

RE the differences: off the top of my head, one of the workbenches is the 'normal' one, one is automated (No crew necessary), but is slower and I think more expensive.  I forget the third.  If no one else chimes in before I return here, I'll let you know about the difference for the third.

The chemical workshop is the odd ball.  It can produce equipment. Not sure what they are used for.  Could it be a MKS tie in? 

I just installed the new version (1.2.7) and took a quick look. 

Yeah, the chemical workshop appears to function the same as the 3D Printing Lab, except for the addition of a Resource Converter that creates Equipment from Ore & Electricity. That, and it can hold 50 Material Kits and 50 Ore.

I'm not that familiar with the Pathfinder production chain, but I don't think they'd miss an outside piece that can make Equipment.  OTOH, who doesn't love more moar fuel?  You can always leave an optional [NEEDS] patch in to keep the Equipment production around.  Tho, fuel fits the look of the workshop better since it has those liquid tubes on the side.

Fun fact: If you watch those liquid tubes, you can see that Bill left a wrench inside. 

Another fun fact: The bubbles in the middle tube go from top to bottom, AND bottom to top at the same time.  :confused:

Yeah, in Pathfinder, Equipment is what's used to print the parts in OSE, so this would be the "ISRU" part of the mod.  I checked the new beta out in game. Haven't run the processors through to the end of their build queue, but in jumping around the pages and opening the recycler, I didn't get any NREs.

9 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Yeah, in Pathfinder, Equipment is what's used to print the parts in OSE, so this would be the "ISRU" part of the mod.  I checked the new beta out in game. Haven't run the processors through to the end of their build queue, but in jumping around the pages and opening the recycler, I didn't get any NREs.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was thinking that was needed for rocket fuel.  Just a guess

Would anyone have an objection if I changed the chemical workshop to be the one to produce rocket fuel?

Shouldn't "Equipment" not show unless pathfinder is installed.

Is there a workshop that produces rocket fuel right now I haven't noticed one that does.

Honestly, I think it's supposed to be outputting MaterialKits - which is what the default recipe actually uses to create things.  I believe some of the recipe system and similar has been munged a bit through the various maintainers.  (This mod was the original point where MKS's resource system came from, IIRC.)