[Mod request/Idea] radomized progression

DennoD

Hy all !

Since i've restarted a new carrer, i juste feeling the same problem comming out, the same tha cost my interst every time:

Everything is planned, even the R&D. It's not only the amout or the location of each parts but, well, you know, their specificities.

And i came with a idea (probably silly and stupid but...): it is possible to have randomized evolution of somes parts, like engine for exemple ?
for the sake of the demonstration, take the LV-T45. Say that when you research it, it's IPS was only 200atm & 250vac. Latter, you upgrade it and the mod chose between boost the IPS atm or vac... So, at the end, you can totaly have the engine with, let say an IPS of 210atm & 360vac...

And this is only for the IPS, you can imagine it for the fuel consumption for exemple, or even the weight. Why not the gimbal too ?

What do you think about it ?

And, by the way, i don't have any idea of how doing this or if it's only possible ?
So if someone whant to take this idea and make it real or help me on this, i'm on !

Maybe a Idea for a silly mod maybe but not a silly idea for a mod. Mods provide options and customization. To use it or not, its up to each one to decide. :wink:

The issue is how to maintain the balance between the parts.

As an example, lets consider the LV-T30 Reliant and the LV-T45 Swivel. The first provide high trust and is a bit lighter while the second consumes less fuel and have gimbals. If by a random chance the Swivel get a boost of 30kN the Reliant become obsolete.

OTOH make the improvement small enough and it not be meaningful.

Of course, one should rule it as a non-issue.

In fact, i think is not an issue to have imbalanced parts. And players (especely wen you come at the end of the techtree) already only uses 3 or 4 engines max.

With this, it's probably ending the same way, but you have some "generation" of research for each engine, and you don't realy know witch is going to be the "must have" for specific purpose.

That's all the point.

1 hour ago, DennoD said:

In fact, i think is not an issue to have imbalanced parts. And players (especely wen you come at the end of the techtree) already only uses 3 or 4 engines max.

23 or 24 are more accurate numbers in my case. :wink:

What you are talking about reminds of the way engines are done in RO. Like each engine family is a part in the VAB part selection list and if you right click on it you can get different variants.

5 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

What you are talking about reminds of the way engines are done in RO. Like each engine family is a part in the VAB part selection list and if you right click on it you can get different variants.

Yeps, but i'm to newbish to really enjoy RO ^^. And, a top of that, i found the "hazard" system more stock... yeah, silly vision i know !

15 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

23 or 24 are more accurate numbers in my case. :wink:

23/24 per craft or for all you're ships oO ?

I generaly use the Thud, the nuclear, and some aerospike engines for my endgame, sometimes the RAPIER or the vector. The LV family is only for the beginning, same for the terrier. 

3 hours ago, DennoD said:

23/24 per craft or for all 07you're ships oO ?

For all my ships (of course).  

A small lander for Gily and a big lifter for Kerbin have very different requirements and,  as a result,  use distinct tools to accomplish their job. 

At the "endgame"  I will have a large variety of vessels scattered over all celestial  bodies . 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.