Kerbals and docking ports

Mr.  Sandman

I am not sure, but I guess it could be possible with a simple MM script, which adds the module that makes the hatch on pods work (I have no idea if there is such a module) to the docking port.

I think USI MKS adds airlocks. You may want to look at the config files and code of those.

Since this can't be done in the stock game, the question has been moved to the modding subforum in hope that someone here can either point you to a mod that does it or tell you how to do it yourself. :)

3 hours ago, jonny said:

I am not sure, but I guess it could be possible with a simple MM script, which adds the module that makes the hatch on pods work (I have no idea if there is such a module) to the docking port.

I think USI MKS adds airlocks. You may want to look at the config files and code of those.

airlocks are added in unity. it would be required by the maker of the docking ports to add support

15 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

You'd need to go into Unity and add an airlock to the part. Also, add a collider for the airlock.

And probably crew capacity to the docking port.

I think Pathfinder has a couple of parts where if you place things right it *looks* like they're coming out of the docking port.  (That is: They've got it set up so adding their docking port to their part in the right place doesn't occlude the hatch for that part.)

It's possible in 100% stock vanilla KSP to put a 1.25m docking port on top of the small lander can hatch, and clip it down below the hatch just the exact right amount that both the hatch and docking port still function.  It'll take some trial and error to get it just right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.