Underwater Base

Well, Jeb has done it again. Gene is so fed up with Jebediah constantly buzzing the tower, that he's decided to go and live on the seafloor.

Your mission is to build Gene an underwater house/base for him to live in, away from Jeb and the other kerbonauts. Even better, you could build it on Eve. 

PLEASE INCLUDE A CRAFT FILE/SAVE FILE!!!

Mods allowed:
Tweakscale, (Please do not ruin the competition with it)

Planetary Domes,

and Airplane plus. (Maybe for a submarine?)

Also, IF YOU NEED IT, hyper-edit, Mechjeb, and KER are also allowed. 

Requirements and Scoring: 

Requirements:

Must accommodate 10 Kerbals at least. (Gene loves guests)

MUST be on the bottom of Kerbin, Laythe's or Eve's sea. (No floating bases) 

Needs to have a base/surface submarine so that Gene can restock his home and bring guests down.

Scoring:

Each Kerbal that can stay in the house is 1 point. Example: 4 MK1 crew cabins: 8 points.

The base is self-sustanible and can produce/convert ore: 20 points. 

The base is fully stock: 50 points.

Each submarine that can dock at the base is 25 points. 

If you can LAUNCH a Rocket or plane from the base, you get 100 points. (A bonus 5000 points if you can actually re-dock the rocket at the base. :D)

Gene will personally review your homes after they are posted. 

Have fun guys! 

There is no deadline, so I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

We have a challenge badge! Thanks to @NISSKEPCSIM!

zV5LvZU

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

Wow, this thread exploded fast. :o

8 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

A bonus 5000 points for re-docking a rocket that was launched from the base, you say. Hmm...

*Grabs jackhammer and welding mask and enters garage. Deafening clangs can be heard from miles away*

Hehehehe!

5 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

@Lo Var Lachland Sorry it's taking me so long! I have been busy and the challenge has given me a idea :D

ps - Should be done soon :)

No worries. Have fun. 

By the way guys, videos are GREATLY appreciated. I love when I watch someone do something epic from a challenge.

4 hours ago, Ozelui said:

Sounds like the depths of the sea are going to be populated soon...

I plan to build a underwater base too, but it may take a while (not much free time and 0 experience with kerbal underwater things on my side) :D

Yup, we're going to have a CITY! 

2 hours ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

Now someone is going to make a super crappy base with minimal requirements, but still win because he redocked a plane...

Haha. :D 

3 hours ago, tsgaerospace said:

so not on laythe?

Oh, I missed Laythe! Yes, Laythe is allowed. Sorry!

Great challenge! I may do it, but it sounds... uh... hard. For example, here is a dialogue from a previous attempt at underwater stuff:

Come, on, get under there, it's made entirely from ore tanks, and there's Mainsails pointed up- why is this so hard? Hey look, we're sinking! Ugh... this is so slow... WHY ARE ROCKET ENGINES SO FLOATY??!!???!!?!??

Revert and Repeat.

On 7/20/2017 at 11:25 PM, Confused Scientist said:

Great challenge! I may do it, but it sounds... uh... hard. For example, here is a dialogue from a previous attempt at underwater stuff:

Come, on, get under there, it's made entirely from ore tanks, and there's Mainsails pointed up- why is this so hard? Hey look, we're sinking! Ugh... this is so slow... WHY ARE ROCKET ENGINES SO FLOATY??!!???!!?!??

Revert and Repeat.

Haha. I've seen it done though. 

1 hour ago, dundun93 said:

ITS TOO HARD!

Its way too hard

Isn't that what KSP is about? :huh:

17 hours ago, Spaceman17 said:

i'll try too

do you give these flags that almost everyone have in it's signature for making challenges?

caus i'm wanna make a new challenge

I cannot make one, considering that I am going on a vacation. However, if @Pine or another artist would like to make one, then I will be very grateful. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.