Lift vector on rockets

strudo76

Hey there

So I had some trouble with this career games first landing on the Mun. Figured I'd not got the balance of the lander correct. When I went in the VAB, I found that any rocket I designed had a lift vector.

screenshot10.png

screenshot11.png

I tested with an unmodified game, and I guess it's not supposed to be like that, since it didn't happen then.

Has anyone encountered this before? Thought I'd ask here first before I start trimming mods to find the problem. Possibly something that updated recently, as the unmanned lander I sent previous didn't have any difficulty landing.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

The pictures you posted are not visible. Try to upload them to imgur instead.

Also, a center of lift indicator should appear for any craft due to bodylift being added. 

On a side note, lift vector shouldn't matter for a Mun lander because the Mun has no atmosphere.

5 hours ago, Jas0n said:

The pictures you posted are not visible. Try to upload them to imgur instead.

Also, a center of lift indicator should appear for any craft due to bodylift being added. 

On a side note, lift vector shouldn't matter for a Mun lander because the Mun has no atmosphere.

Album a/kYYtq will appear when post is submitted
Hopefully that works, never used Imgur before.
I realised after I posted that it should be a problem on the Mun, so yeah, it's still poor ship design being the bigger issue (unless there is something even worse broken in my game). I'll probably abandon this game anyway and do a career with less mods (currently have over 90).
I have no idea how to include to images properly, so any tips on that would be useful too.
Thanks
Edited by strudo76

2 hours ago, strudo76 said:
I have no idea how to include to images properly, so any tips on that would be useful too.

right-click the image and select "copy image address" and post the direct link here. The forum will automatically convert it to an image.

Can you post a list of your mods? the lift vector isn't supposed to be like that. 

As for poor ship design you can post in the gameplay questions subforum and post pics/craft file and other can give you advice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.