[1.4.1] Kerbal Launch Vehicles v1.1.4 (23/03/2018)

jCoiley

11 hours ago, jCoiley said:

@Probus, out of interest, have you tried the mod on KSP 1.3? Does it work for you on that?

@jCoiley, It works flawlessly in 1.3.  One of the RO mods must be interfering with it somehow, dang it!

I tried your configuration and it didn't work.  I'll see if I can get you the debug output.

5 hours ago, jCoiley said:

@Probus I'll do an RO install and see if I can track down the problem. Are you using the full list of mods including recommended and suggested?

Full list of mods recommended and suggested. 

22 hours ago, jCoiley said:

@Probus I've tried the mod with an install of RO with all the recommendations and suggestions, but I still can't manage to replicate your issue! Did you have any luck with the debug log?

Curious, It must be one of the additional mods then.  Here is a complete list of my mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lryndud9yynclp/RO-Directory.JPG?dl=0

Which debug log would you like.  The one in the exe directory?

On 8/2/2017 at 4:47 PM, jCoiley said:

@Probus Yeh the KSP.txt from the exe directory would be great to see if there's an error while loading.

Also, would you be able to open the Alt-f12 console and see if there's any output when you try using the features that are buggy? Thanks very much

Here is the link to the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5onsjxtsurkldr/KSP.log?dl=0

Looking at the console it appears to be getting the error:

"ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting"

@Probus OK I think I've worked out what the issue is.

I believe the bug's coming from an incompatibility with the Real Time Clock mod. Can you try removing that mod from your install and confirm that's the case?

However, I think it's a problem on my end that I should be able to fix. Due to my lack of Unity experience I think I'm handling some of the GUI calls incorrectly.

I'll have a look at fixing it now.

Update 0.1.9:

• Families tab is now available in the Editor window - this makes it easier to create new Launch Vehicles on the fly
  • Enabled the ability to drag and drop sections of a vessel to create a new Launch Vehicle - this works in a similar way to the stock subassemblies and allows you to save Launch Vehicles as you create them for payloads. Creating a Launch Vehicle directly still works as before, as does editing existing Launch Vehicles.
Edited by jCoiley
More detail

Just a suggestion:

Would be cool in the Vehicle Assembly Building if I could input my destination and be given Launch Vehicle suggestions based on my current vessel mass and my desired destination. Perhaps just highlight/text-color change of the Launch Vehicles that can meet my needs.

Edited by JedTech

Development version 1.1.0:

• Added target destination selector (per @JedTech's suggestion)
  • Redesigned suggested vehicle info panel to accommodate target destination
  • Moved suggested vehicle launch configs into info panel to tidy window

I'm not quite sure on the implementation and usability of the target destination at the moment, I'd appreciate any feedback if anyone's interested!

Edited by jCoiley

I've been using KLV on my RSS install for a few weeks now and finding it really useful! (Blow my own trumpet) 

I do have one gripe with it though -  much like the stock vessel save system, my suggestions list has become pretty full.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on how to better organise the suggestions list to improve usability?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Over the past year, I've had been playing a RealSolarSystem with Historical Missions install and I've come to find Kerbal Launch Vehicles invaluable for managing my agency. Over time I've built up a vast fleet of capable launch vehicles, many inspired by real life counterparts. Older designs have become obsolete as I've progressed through the tech tree, and many vehicles were only designed with a specific goal in mind (eg. launching a modular station), giving each of them some sort of backstory.

I'd be interested if many people have been using the mod and whether it's just my rose-tinted glasses that make it good!  :D 

Release 1.1.4:

• Verified and recompiled for KSP 1.4.x
  • No changes necessary to be compatible

3 hours ago, jCoiley said:

I'd be interested if many people have been using the mod and whether it's just my rose-tinted glasses that make it good!  :D 

I use it, and love it. Though, I will say that some of the managerial aspects of it can be clumsy. The ability to delete/decommission a launch vehicle, especially when added before development is complete (through poor engineering, admittedly) or sometimes even a fat-fingered key caught too late can be a real hassle sometimes to load up the files in notepad++ and work around fixing it. 

I do actually need to start using this more, though. I have a tendency to purpose-build all my launch vehicles with each payload. I've been working hard on getting away from that, though, and KLV definitely helps on that front. I think shortly in my career playthrough, I'll need to sit down and build launch vehicles with differing capabilities. NRAP procedural weights is a super helpful mod in this respect as well.

TL;DR:

I don't use it as much as I should, but I do really enjoy using KLV!

Thanks for the feedback @Shushoni!

I totally agree, the management is pretty clunky, especially deleting old vessels.

I'm planning on a new version at some point to flesh out the life cycle of vehicles and families - upgrading, decommissioning etc - that will hopefully make the whole process a lot more intuitive.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.