K.S.S Hunter DD-22

K.S.S Hunter DD-22

The Hunter is the second of my "next generation" ships, this time being based on the German T-22 destroyer.

The choice was pretty easy, since i really love the look of the T-22, and i had already made the torpedo-launchers (another leftover from the corrupted Königsberg replica).

The torpedo-launchers aren't exactly too functional, but they work well enough if the enemy happens to be at a certain distance away from the ship.

I originally designed them to be able to launch their rockets at the SPH from the default spawn position. Yes, i said rockets.

Spoiler

QpFBppQ.png

Making torpedoes at this scale would have been pretty-much impossible, and they would have probably been extremely impractical too.

The main turrets where a bit of a head scratch, as i wanted to give them proper detail, but i also wanted them to make from as few parts as possible.

What made this harder, was the fact that the turrets are open, with armor around them. So, would i give them proper detail and do the entire gun with all the seats, scopes, drivegears, etc. Or, do i jsut leave them empty on the inside.

I desided to go for a low detail inside, with some bare essentials.

Spoiler

iiGfQBc.png

qJMNaUY.png

Rest of the destroyer has been built in a similar fashion, all the essential details, and nothing more.

The Hunter ended up being more realistically sized because of the torp-tubes and the main turrets that are pretty much 1:1 sized.

It's pretty-much cruiser sized because of it.

Here is a little demonstration video showing the DD in action.

(Sorry, didn't notice i had muted the sounds on my recording software :blush:).

Instruction for piloting the ship:

Action group 1, main engines.

Action groups 2 and 3, steering.

A and D, rotation of main turrets and rangefinder.

Q and E, rotation of torpedo-launchers.

Technical specks.

Armaments:

Main: 3x turrets with a 105mm howitzer.

Secondary: 2x triple torpedo-launchers

AA: 2x 50.cal turret, 4x 30mm chaingun.

Top speed: 35 m/s.

Length: 80.7m.

Width: 9.8m.

Height: 18.3m.

Parts: 607.

Mass: 496 tons.

NOTE: The Ship has a tendency of turning to the left on it's own, so remember to stay in control at all times.

Mods used: Infernal robotics and BD-armory.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yi2wwjd779x6ws/K_S_S Hunter DD-22.craft?dl=0 (I removed the experimental tweakscaled flag from the ships rear mast.)

I hope you enjoy it :).

Link to main navy repository:

Edited by kapteenipirk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.