Synyster31

Duplicate module manager files

Question

Synyster31    0

Hi guys,

I've not played KSP for a while and i'm starting again with what mods i use. One thing i've noticed adding a bunch of mods at once is that the module manager .dll is duplicated a lot. Should i let these duplicate with (1),(2),etc or overwrite? I'm assuming duplicate as I overwrote them last night and some mods didn't activate in game.

Bonus question:

Why do some modders leave the 'game data' folder in the zip file when you have to move the mod into your own game data folder?

3 answers to this question

Tex_NL    2030
Posted (edited)

Only keep the most recent ModuleManager. Multiple versions can lead to unwanted behaviour.

Some modders assume it is easiest to the mod drop in your KSP folder and merge their GamaData with yours. Others want to you drop their mod in your GamaData folder. Since there is no standard on this both methods get used in roughly equal numbers. People who actually KNOW what they're doing see the difference and install mods correctly either way. The digitally challenged however just do whatever they think is right or what they did last time. Hence the overflow of mod complaints that could simply have been avoided by a correct install.

Edited by Tex_NL

Synyster31    0

Ahh I see, i was under the impression the .dll file was like a config file for each mod, not that it actuall is the Module Manager itself!

Vanamonde    6235

Looks like this is a request for support with mods, and so, moved to modded support.