News on Xbox re release?

Super Arial Ace

Hey squad, a friend of mine just introduced me to KSP last night, and we had a blast, and I intended to buy it on console this morning to play it at home for myself, however I saw that sometime in the past you guys pulled it from Xbox and psn shelves, which I understand. However the last news I can find regarding this was in may. Any updates on that? Maybe there is a link I haven't found yet that you could show me? 

Please and thank you! I hope to be catapaulting Jebodiah and his friends into space soon,

-Ace

In case you haven't come across this information on your own yet, the console versions are still under development and there is no release date since Squad typically does not announce those until the work is done. For the best place on these forums for information regarding the console versions and their current progress check out the last few weeks/months of KSP Weekly posts in the The Daily Kerbal section and/or the Announcements section.

My summary according to those posts would be that Squad feels good about the progress being made by Blitzworks (the company now responsible for the console port work and one that seems far more reputable than the former port company), and Squad has outside QA help which should improve the development time and quality of the port. But check the first post in the KSP Weekly for the official word from Squad.

I appreicate the information. I knew that it was under development, however I wasn't aware they were going through blitzworks. I've seen some of the port work they do and it's very good, so my hopes are high! I'll make sure to keep an eye out on the forums and things for updates. I can't wait for the console re release, but I'd rather not rush perfection  thanks @Mako:)

5 hours ago, Super Arial Ace said:

thanks @Mako:)

No problem at all. I won't be purchasing a console KSP as I don't currently own any consoles, but I have a friend or two who might appreciate the game when it finally comes together so I've been keeping an eye out for news. Squad is taking their time this go around, and I think it'll be a while before it's released but most people probably agree with you that it's the right choice.

I wanted to add, just in case you prefer the social media scene, that I bet you could check into Squad's presence on twitter and whatever else to be updated that way if it's easier.

And welcome to the forums/community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.